The World Cup

Mr Barguzin

DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA

What did I say about counting chickens before they are hatched.?

Any more argentians here who want to make some idle boasting?

Edit by White!

Two messages removed for inspection by mods of this site. Plus three messages made into one! Folks, the message counts and load on this site increases enough without making endless small messages like that. Please make such comments all in one message!

White Fox

Administrator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Barguzin

• snowleopard

• allfurme

• introalfa

Well tell him in a PM rather than bring your worldly view on politics into a discussion bout football otherwise a few people may well get a tad narked & respond in kind............ Sheesh

God, the argentines were so pissed about losing they started to fight the german team after the match. How primitive is that?

Alemanes son todos una manga de cagones, si no le pagaban al arbitro para ganar el partido se quedaban afuera porque les hicimos bailar el tango!!!

GRACIAS ARGENTINA POR TAN BUEN FUTBOL!!!

Fair play??? Jajajajajjajajaja........Pay the referee so you can win the match and the cup...All: Lovos Michel, Joseph Blatter, Beckenbauer, are all a (edited.. I don't think he thought they did a good job!... White). Business are business, right? Germany MUST win the cup, it was very clear today.

Long life to REAL FOOTBALL: Argentinian football, the BEST around the world.

GRACIAS MUCHACHOS POR TANTA ALEGRIA!!!

Edit by White Fox:

Part of message removed.

Folks I was mentioning not long ago on how well you folks have conducted yourselves on this thread. Please do not disappoint us!

IntroAlfa: Be warned! We do not stand for this stuff here!

White Fox

Administrator.

Goldsable.. return to your corner.

Introalfa... condolences... but why wasn't Missi brought on??

I have seen all censored messages. I don't condone introalfa's reactions, however they are justifiable.

Goldsable, as the instigator, maybe you should do some research on Argentina's History relating to successes in the World Cup and also the Argentinian competition, and South American competitions before casting aspersions about something you do not understand. And then compare it to the American teams' efforts and be so kind as to disregard the spurious world rankings used by FIFA.

Barguzin, sorry for my reaction, but that mf of goldsable hurted me with his insane words. I've been victim of RACISM for being here in the "third" world. I won't post anymore here, because I wanted to talk about "futbol", and some crazy and offensive members mixed football with politics, racism, discrimination and evil injures. I wonder myself: Who's living in the "primitive world"?

Barguzin, thanks for your words, you are right. But the world cup ended for my country, and 38 million of people are down, sad, ugly, crying... No other country lives and feels football like us, we are unique in the world, and that's true. So, if I was injured by a fool, I don't care now. I know we are great. And answering your question about Messi...well...I just don't know what happened. Our coach resigned his place, he left out after the match. That's it.

Sorry folks. I'd better run to fur forums. Too much intolerance and injury here. Regards.

Introalfa

Ya know, Had the Roos been allowed to beat Italy as was intended, and then shown the world our true ability against Ukraine.... would have liked our next match to have been against Argentina... but a ref decided that europe was superior to another Southern Hemiphere nation (Yeah Right..... hmmmmmm nah can't say that here *sigh*)

Looking at my earlier post it might have appeared that I was being easy on Goldsable. If it appeared that way, then I apologise for not truly expressing my disgust at her comments. If I have been castrated for some views on the US, maybe a clitectomy is in order (or whatever they call it) given her comments.

There are times when if you can't think of anything nice or neutral to say, you should shove your keyboard into an orifice that rarely sees daylight.

Introalfa,

I am not MOD on this forum. But, as fellow member, and an American, I am sorry your were treated so rudely. Especially on something that I know you hold so dearly. I was amazed at the insensitivity shown to you.

I do wish you had not reacted in the same manner. It kind of got GoldSable off the hook because of it.

I hope you will not let one person determine your membership here. We have almost 700 members, I believe. In any community there will be times that this happens, as much as we wish it didn't.

Goldsable .... well. I guess I had best just leave this where it is since I am not a MOD here. But, Piotr was very easy on you.

To the rest of the members of this thread. Thank you so much for not typing what I certain you wanted. You handled this with a lot of class.

Linda

Intro

Indeed I just in fact took the time to look back at some of the posts that you have made and you have made a really valuable contribution to this forum. We do certainly hope that you will stay around and that we will hear more from you.

To all here. The reason that I simply removed Golden's messages for inspection by mods was that we in North America barely understand the world of European soccer. I realize that it is a world by itself. And I wanted our European mods to look at them. Golden, I hope you now understand that saying things like this can indeed be very, very hurtfull. Your messages may have lost us a member. The pub is a place to talk with friends of all nations! Not to hurt them.

As I mentioned, this has been a tremendous thread. I congratulate you folks on that highly. I hope we hear more of the world cup in the future.

W

England, Portugal and penalties are not a good combination, at least not for the English... But why was Rooney sent off? For the step between the legs of the portugese lying down or the gentle push on Ronaldo?

Goldsable; please realsie that to ,ost British people, though we hold maradonna's hand of God against them we ceratinly have no problem with Argentina; they are our friends.

They are a joy to be hold at Polo, and in football over the years have given us such beauty and skill. Yes sometimes theri teams had a dark side, but in this world cup they have played really nice football.

They don't desrve to go out, but there agin Germany have played superbly on time too.

So Introalfa; don't take offence , and for the record I am with you on this one.

Please don't let Goldsable upset you; she just doesn't understand the passions involved with the sport...so wouldn't have meant to hurt. I thing she was just having a pop.

You are both valuable memebers of the community here and I suggest you may want to shake hands now.

NOW. AS FOR ENGLAND... well don't say I didn't tell you so.

Wayne Rooney is a thug and though has skill and determination, has no self control.

WAYNE ROONEY HAS BROUGHT DISGRACE ONTO ENGLANC TODAY, AND HAS LET THE COUNTRY DOWN.

When we start letting our game go the way of our streets on a saturday night, then we ask for what we get. He should never wear the England shirt agin until he can show that he is able to discipline himself.

Hopefully we get rid of Sven now too. He has been bad for the English game. He has ridden his luck incredibly. We have not played well in this world cup and go out deservedly.

My money is most definitely on Germany now. They have beaten the best side in the World cup.

they say the push over here as ref seemed to miss the stamp, can't believe how shameful some players are in trying to get their fellow sportsman sent off especially as Ronney & Ronaldo are teammates at Utd - did you also catch the sly wink towards the bench from the Twat afterwards - This is where FIFA should take action & ban players after the match for cynical play......

Jus hope Brazil & France can give us a game tonight worthy of being a QF - so far everybody has been too scared to loose, this tourney is there for the taking if any team had only stepped up & grab it, maybe that's why a poor German side has made the SF!!!!

Wayne Rooney is a thug and though has skill and determination, has no self control.

WAYNE ROONEY HAS BROUGHT DISGRACE ONTO ENGLANC TODAY, AND HAS LET THE COUNTRY DOWN.

When we start letting our game go the way of our streets on a saturday night, then we ask for what we get. He should never wear the England shirt agin until he can show that he is able to discipline himself.

Hopefully we get rid of Sven now too. He has been bad for the English game. He has ridden his luck incredibly. We have not played well in this world cup and go out deservedly.

Nah! Rooney is a young lad & was badley let down by the senior players & manager in the England team - he's a special talent but to lump all that pressure on his shoulders (playing 1 up with no support in only his 2nd full game back from injury) was pure madness & the blame for his sending off lies elsewhere for me.......

His so called utd teammate "Ronaldo" was the real disgrace today - Yeah ok do everytrhing to win a game BUT not that. That was embarrasing & summit needs to be done to stamp that conduct outta the game

As for Sven......well he's going anyway BUT.......it's his RH man that takes over so no change there then...... SAM shoulda been the man!!!!

I gotta say I feel for the England fans today (Honest!!!) they were absoutely gutted but proud of the backs to the wall mentality there team showed - 2006 should have been the year for England, a team so loaded with skill that fails to deliver so spectactually is a criminal waste of talent & Sven & the FA should be ashamed that they've let the players & their fans down so badley........ will they Feck......

Touch mate you are as wide of the mark as a frank lampard shot. Furelli spot on, unlike most of our boys during the pens, well except the bit about big sam, would prefer O'Niell myself.

The blame does not lie with Rooney. I am not 100 per cent sure that it was a deliberate stamp. He was well off balance at the time and carvalho's nuts just got in the way of his foot. Rooney looked bemused by the red, which i reckon was for the mildest of shoves on Christiano 'i deserve a life ban for ourageous play acting and unsportsmanlike conduct throughout the tournament' Ronaldo. When Rooney looses the red mist comes down and you can see it a mile off, this simply wasnt the case here. For me the ref has had a shocker!!!

Nobody however has had quite such a shocker as Sven. This tournament for him has been a joke. 4 strikers in the squad and 2 of them injured. Countless tactical changes we end up playing a system that is alien to us and particularly Rooney, our best player who forages a lone role with no support, when he should be off a mian striker threading killer balls. It was like watching a Serie A game today. We had to get after the opposition with pace and today it was the complete opposite.

We had world class players all over that pitch and some have definately under performed. Lamapard has had a shocker from start to finish and Beckham is only good for dead ball situations now. Get in Lennon on the right wing from now on. Personally I too cannot wait for the next Euro championships we are definately gonna win that, well they would if I were in charge!!!

Well done the French tonight, that was some beutiful stuff as ZZ rolled back the years. Glad to see Brazil out, I am just fed up of them winning everything. Here's for the fremch to go on and thump the cheating Portugese and play Germany in the final. Blimey I cant believ i just said that.

What planet were you guys watching from?

Rooney I warned you was a little thug.

He was held back, and clearly that frustrated him. But to stud someone in the testicles and then push them...the ref saw heverything...was clearly a sending off offence.

yes they put too much on young shoulders and pandered to his aggression. he is a terrier, not a world class player. Far too immature to be in that position.

Now later...THAT WAS world class football. How can you honestly say that England are any good when you saw that france performance. It was beautiful to watch. They have taken their time to get their shit together, but tonight it was PURE MAGIC.

When i am wrong I am first to admit it...and now we see what France can do its awesome to watch. England have never been anything like fit enough to walk in the shadow of that French performance tonight.

Rooney hasn't been relevent in years...

His bits on 60 Minutes are lame...

What...

Wrong Rooney???

Never mind, please resume your discussions...

FLinFL

But to stud someone in the testicles and then push them...the ref saw heverything...was clearly a sending off offence.

I don't think the step on the portugese was deliberate and to send someone off for that little push is just ridiculous. Judging by watching the reruns, my opinion is that the ref doesn't go for his card until he sees the push, and that's not even worth a yellow in my book. On the whole this ref has a very strange level, some offenses gets yellow cards, some penalties (Australia-Italy anyone? Same ref) and some gets nothing.

I don't understand why some of you english puts the blame on the player getting sent off when it's clearly a mistake by the referee? First Beckham, now Rooney?

Lovely to see some magic from Zidane during his last games of his carreer. I also hope to see a final between Germany and France, don't care much for the Italian or the Portugese ways of playing football.

I wouldn't ever knock England - they are my team. Of course it is someone elses fault if we lose so let's not blame the England players.

Okay, when i look at Wayne Rooney i start to believe in Darwin's theory of relativity but he does play for Engand.

I heard someone say that football should be a non-contact sport like basketball. It was with the Portugeuse and they still fell over.

If England really want to win the World Cup there is one thing they should really be practicing; how to pretend they were badly fouled; Portugal and Argentina are so much better at it.

Touch mate you are as wide of the mark as a frank lampard shot. Furelli spot on, unlike most of our boys during the pens, well except the bit about big sam, would prefer O'Niell myself.

Either one would shake the pot which is why neither got the job!!!! 'fraid you lot have now got more of the same with Mc Laren in charge - think O'Niel is saving himself for the Manure job when SAF gets the boot this year & maybe set excessive demands on the FA, after all if Sven got

If England really want to win the World Cup there is one thing they should really be practicing; how to pretend they were badly fouled; Portugal and Argentina are so much better at it.

It would be nice if FIFA gave us the beautiful game back, the lack of integrity from footballers nowadays is shameful, they have TV replays, everybody knows whose taking the piss on the field - review games post-match & slap 5-10 game bans on them, that'll soon cut it out, players & pundits can't keep blaming the refs, that game between Holland & Portugal was an absolute joke & Ronaldo's diving in the game vs England was an embarrassment. It's upto the managers & football authority's to clamp down on it otherwise the public will start turning theoir back on them & then it'll be no

I'm English, I have lived in the UK all of my life, and over my 30+ years I have come to the conclusion

SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!!!

I have never laughed so hard as when England was knocked out yesterday. Finally the country can get back to more important matters, and get rid of those pathetic little flags that people think indicate support for their country, when they actually say, I'm a football fan who is happy to damage the weather seal on my car window!

(Probably upset a load of people. But forums are a place for opinions!)

Fur matters. Not chasing a leather bag around a field and getting immensly overpaid for it!

I agree they are overpaid; and i am not a grear fan of soccer normally.

Someone asked one of the sheiks what he thought about getting involved with football.

he thought for a moment and asked how much david beckham would cost. When they said about ten million he rubbed his chin and raised an eyebrow. he then repuredly said:

"How much would he fetch at stud?" and walked off. You can see his point. It is absurd.

however, it is the World cup. It is important in terms of international relations.

This is a wotld cup thread. posts by antis are not welcome. Start your own anti football thread.