The World Cup

Mr Barguzin

I was digusted by the USA, not so much the players but the management its self.

I send my support to the socceroos for them in their battle against Italy.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Barguzin

• snowleopard

• allfurme

• introalfa

Why...what happened with the management??

You must remeber the team did incredibly well , and were very unlucky, not to beat Italy.

That must have drained them. They were in the hardest group. They were odds against to get a single point. I think Ghana will beat Brazil.

And the Italians may go on to win it. The CZECHS are going home too. One of the best, if not the best, team in Europe the last few years.

Nobody in Britain will ever forget that gallant US battle against Italy. Be proud. It was one of the best matches I have ever seen.

And yoday they were very unlucky not to draw. But Ghana are incredible....and they didnt get it right till yesterday...just all clicked.

Now its with the under dingoes to see how they fare. I cant believe they are through: its a fairy tale.

HOWEVER PIOTR....I THINK YOU HAD BETTER FIND BOSNIC AND GET HIM ON A PLANE THERE QUICK!!!

France will struggle to qualify now. Because the Swiss will play with passion for sure against Korea. And Togo are no mugs either.

Allez Les Bleus!!!!

Yeah...but thy used up their get out of jail free card. the Spnaish will wack them.

Hey have you seen some of the betting on the last 16 correct scores?

Usually the odds are slashed on high scores at this stage...as the attacking football comes into play.

But they are still going say 100/1 for Argentina to beat Mexico 5-1, or 5-2.

And 33/1 for England to beat Ecuador 3-2

Thats good odds.

You can get 500.0 on Swedan beating Germany 3-2 at the mo'

Though I got good price earlier on Swedan 6.0 - Now I see why!!!!

Dare one ask the odds in the Australia v Italy match???

Betfair exchanges have

Italy a mingy 1.55

BUT Aussies I got onboard early & got 8.4 & now they're about 7.8 & falling

Get past the Italians (Which Hoodwink already has before) & a SF birth beckons - get yer money on Aussie for the Last 4!!!!

Worth a Punt

I think the Aussies can beat Italy.

If they attack relentelssly as the Americans did. Thats their weakness. they cannot take pressure.

Argentina struggled a bit against Mexico for the same reason.

Someone said earlier (I think it was ToS) that the Australia v Croatia game was a war.

HMmmmmm methinks that Portugal v Holland was a better example of a war..... at least we didn't have three separate incidents where the players from both teams were at each others throats. (Just WHO is the roughest team in the cup.... Australia, Ghana or one of these two? Check free kicks for and against for one answer.... and look at yellow/red cards for another *grin*)

Anyways, Portugal did it again... and will probably be without four players.... (includes Rinaldo and Figo... Next time ya go the Liverpool Kiss, put more neck into it mate *grin*) when they face England. To be honest missed both matches so would have a clear head for the MAIN match..... Roos v Azzuri.

Win or lose they have done Australia proud..... and let the world know that we can play football............. in all its variations bar one.

So, shall be sitting in front of the telly wrapped in fur in oooooooo 3 and a bit hours.... praying like mad that the referee is fair and equal.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

OI OI OI

Well seeing as Wimbledon's started = RAIN!!!!! best I get set for the Footy thissalvo!!!

Am hoping they get a fair Ref Mr B otherwise I feel the Itlians may get a bit too cute for the Aussies & it'll soon slip into farce a la Brazil v Aussie & last night's comic opera, with Arjen Robben out there it was like watching Swan Lake at times - still at least it kept us awake, unlike Engerland's latest escapade

On the good side - A lot of money is going on Aussie to win outright today, I gotta say I feel an epic coming!!!

C'mon AUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya live by the penalty.......ya die by the penalty.

Bloody Italian actors... should have been awarded an oscar for that one

and have a feeling that the ref said.... just get in the box and fall over

can't have these bastards in the quarters

well, he did, he did, and he did.

Italy won't get any further than the Semis... IF they get a kind ref

Dodgy PEN for defo

BUT WHY OH WHY

didn't Guus throw the artillery on earlier, Aussie really shoulda gone for it like in the other games, maybe Kewell been injured hurt them but disappointing way to go out after all the early hard work....... Italians were there for the taking fellah

N'ver mind, twas fun while it lasted

Roll on the Ashes

Very strange calls at the penalty kick and the red card by the otherwise good referee. So bad to see a game end in this way, it overshadows the whole match.

So boring to see Lippi and the Italians going for penalty kicks as soon as they got down to ten men. Not exactly 'joga bonita' there...

BTW, I don't know if anyone else noticed this bt at half time the free kicks were 11 a piece. At full time they were 27-19.............. in ITALY'S favour.

Seems rather strange, doesn't it??.... Yet funnily enough, consistent. BTW, isn't a foul in the box a yellow card offence???

Bad luick Piotr.

Iyaly didnt desrve to win; especiallly like that.

How can you bring someone down with your head! No way was it a penalty.

Ahyway, remmeber my tip? Ukraine?

they are in the quarter finals.

They were 200/1 after their first game.

I cant help but admire the Italians,they have finnaly managed to perfect the art of getting a penalty without any contact with the opposing teams player .

Real Balay dancers.

ToS... that's the other reason I am Pissed with that "penalty".... 12 secs to go til end of normal time.... and then would have come extra time and we STILL had two players up our sleeves... including Josh Kennedy. Then watch the crosses fly in WEG.

Now all I can hope is that Ukraine beat Italy... Handsomely please.

BAck to Oz for a sec though.... one thing that game did prove is that for all the good we did, we still needed Harry... or a striker who could run off Dukes... or someone who could shoot like hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm that Brazilian Midfileder *grin*

Ok Boys & girlz, last 4 predictions then

Forme,

Argentina vs Italy (No brainer as both are diffo class to their oppo in QF - Sorry Deutschland but you finally get to play quality oppo & go down by coupla goals, Italy 1-0 PEN in 94th min )

England vs France (Portugese team decimated by suspension & Rooney is gaining in strength & will bang in 2 goals, Samba kings to finally get beat, been lucky so far & their arrogance will be undone by the kings of Arrogance - Les Bleus!!!)

Final - Take yer pick as both games goto PENS!!!!

so that rule out the English

My prediction:

Portugal v Brazil (Portugal 4-3 after et)

Ukraine v Germany (2-2 after et and Germany win on penalties)

Final: Portugal v Germany

germany win 3-2 after extra time.

oi touch no!!!

Look i told you all from the start the England are gonna win this thing.

Here is what is going to happen over the weekend.

Argentina v Germany is the toughest to call, but i am going for argentina, perhaps on pens.

England beat Portugal, revenge is sweet after 2 years of waiting

Italy beat Ukraine but don't expect it to be pretty

France beat Brazil, so we dont have to.

We beat France, Argentina beats Italy

We beat Argentina, and Maradonna looks rather glum in the stands... no hand of god from the stands me old china.

Revenge, is a dish best served after 20 years.

Oh and about the Australia game, gutted to see those sneaky italians con you at the death, but if you didnt have ropey ex Millwall defenders going to ground in the last minute and giving the ref an opportunity to blow, it might all have been different.

I respect you snowleopard but if you think England have any chance what so ever you sre partly reponsible for the overpayment and decay of our national sport, which is also now happening in Italy and France. Germany getting pasted by England 1-5 a few years ago was their wake up call.

Klinsman has a different attitude...its a pasion for him, and also he sees things rather differently in the context of life. He loves nothing more than backpacking for example. He has a humility and foorball genius which is able to inspire his players.

Sven is a chancer ...I think he gets results by fluke and cant believe his luch. Rooney is a little thug, Ferdinand and Neville are simply not world class, and don't have the vision to realise they can rise to the occassion by raising their game. Bechkam is our only world class player, and he is too quiet to lead. We need a Stuart Pearce for passion, and a few players with real flair. Sad about Michael Owen as he was the only one we had.

So if we managed to fluke a world cup win, say hello to another 40 years of pain football in England: a passion for the fans and a gravy train for players, agents, clubs, media, publicists and commerce.

When countries like the USA and Australia are knocking on the door, its time that we realsied that Italy France and England are just too smug.

I would love to have seen England play Australia...I think we would have had a hiding.

Its why a team like Greece was able to win Euro 2004.

And we poor sods what enjoy the style that both teams have exhibited at times in the tourney are wishing that it wasn't so *sigh*

And we poor sods what enjoy the style that both teams have exhibited at times in the tourney are wishing that it wasn't so *sigh*

Bet yer wishing it was both teams going home now, wake me up someone when's it over Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey we got the attacking prowess of the Italians & Ukrainians nxt.........