• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Barguzin

• snowleopard

• allfurme

• introalfa

Security?? Hell, since the game kicked off here at 2.00AM, it was more a sense of sleepiness *grin*

Shocker wasn't it!!!

The worse thing is you don't have to listen to "The Sven & Becks show" post match talking the whole thing up, it's embarassing stuff to be sure

Sorry it's multi-millionares with no fire or real leadership that's the problem with there team plus the fact that........... Arghhhhhhhh!

The worse thing is the Republic & Wales (& the Jocks )are sitting at home having to watch this lot with 10x the pride, honesty & courage in their shirt's.

2 games played, 6 points, 3 goals for, 0 against already qualified for round 2 Job done. It doesn't have to be pretty.... Oh my God I have turned into Mick McCarthy

Yeah it wasnt great, but to be fair T&T tried to park a bus in front of their goal as Mourinho would say. They only threatend from set pieces. It was like watching a cup match between a premier league tema and a division 2 side. T&T did not deserve to win whatever the case.

We got there, eventually. Now bring on the swedes let them come out and attack us and then we will have the space to hurt them, esp with Rooney back hopefully we will now see an end to the long ball stuff. Into rooneys feet thank you very much

COME ON ENGLAND

Re England v Trinadad and Tobago. Apart from the goal line clearance T & T were never in it. England may have been expected to play better but they were not ever going to lose the match.

Shame on you TouchofSable, us Englishmen should support England with a passion. There are too many farewell supporters in football. I don't care if England win or lose (i prefer them to win) but they will always be the best. After all eleven English players in the same team; a rare sight these days.

Jus cause some of us live in the UK it doesn't make us all English.....

A fair few are Welsh, Scots & a few Irish so we don't always follow England with the same blind faith as others do

Brits YES

English Defo NOT

Any other British team that may qualify would hold no interest for me; I am English and thus support England

& Rightly so Allfurme, the point I was making is that jus becuase some of us live in the UK it doesn't mean we're English & so don't support Engerland's current assault on the World Cup with the same passion, fervour & blind faith (bordering on arrogance ) as an Englishman would, hoping they do well YES (as the Republic failed to qualify) but very much doubt they're get past Germany in the 2nd Rd as tactically they're poor for all the talent they possess & collectively they don't show enough pride & passion in the shirt. I mean 0-0 against journeymen pros from the championship for 83mins........!

Anywho isn't discussion on Religion, Politics & Football banned around here?

What are you on Furelli, I never mentioned the Scots, Irish or Welsh. Touch of Sable is English yet he seems ashamed to be so, he calls the Falkland Islands some Spanish name and then states that he wishes to be disassociated with the English soccer team. He is a prime subject for emmigration or the Tower.

Just remember introflora (arent you somat to do with sending flowers?)

that PATAGONIA is part of WALES and thats in Argentina. So we are with you here.

Seems to me we and you lost all the soldiers in the falklands and Thatcher got the credit!!!!!!

my friend died there; I dont hold grudges; shouldnt joke but what else can you do?

I AM NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT English Goldsable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

og shit have you seen the qualifying group we have got for 4 years time Furelli !!!??? Gulp!

CYMRU AM BYTH

anyway back to now....well how can you look past Argentina.

only ONE team that COULD possibly beat them on that form.

PIVO PROSSIM.....Sjasny novy rok...krasny kone....vitez misto....

OI DRAGON AND COOKIE!!!! Damn disgrace and your normal jammy funnycakes luck hat you beat the Ivory Coast today....youre going out with england next round.

Waht do you yanks make of all this?????Do you realise yet that baseball is something you play on a nice playboy model and Grid Iron is a game for people scared of rugby?

ToS

Behave.

Quoting all those weird languages... and I know one of 'em was Welsh.... or Irish... or Gaelic... or Polish evun.

That old sporting saying... "Look at the scoreboard" is all the poms can point to, as they can't point to their overall display. Argintina are a different kettle of fish....... Like a Great White Shark V a minnow (And no comments about getting genus wrong okay?? It is the point, not pedantism that is at play here)

They played a typs of TEAM football that England can only dream about at this stage.... and as for that hm was it the third goal in the first half?? where the passes were strung together like making a loosefitting vest and then WHAMMO......... a classic Chanel Suit appearred. (aka GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL).

38 hrs and counting *shudder*

The only celtic team in this world cup are the czech republic Mr B.

And as for Oz and the argies? Well at least they appreciate a nice looking sheep......have you SEEN english sheep? I think they cross them with rabbits.....

What are you on Furelli, I never mentioned the Scots, Irish or Welsh. Touch of Sable is English yet he seems ashamed to be so, he calls the Falkland Islands some Spanish name and then states that he wishes to be disassociated with the English soccer team. He is a prime subject for emmigration or the Tower.

Errr.....

You clued in yet, Firstly it's a discussion about the World Cup & Secondly the misconception that if you're from the UK or GB it doesn't mean yer English..... as TOS has said n'ver mind a common mistake made from yer side of the pond - It's jus like the Budweiser advert they're running at the mo during the World Cup - Two Yanks are in the studio, one says to the other, no it's a WORLD Cup they're 31 other teams playing in it & we're have to learn all they're names.

I remember films of the people of argentina shouting and cheering and waving their flags after their "glorious" armed forces overran the 2000 shepherds of the Falkland Islands. " Don't count your chickens before they are hatched" and "one swallow doesn't make a summer"; You have got a long way to go and stronger armies to face so don't start shouting just yet..

Goldsable...I am NOT english!!!!!!

I am WELSH.

Therefore I should support the nation of the homeland of ALL celtic peoples; the Czech Republic.

I am British, but not English....huge difference.

Its like saying Ukranians are russians....or Texans are mexicans!!!!

There are very very few english flags flying in Wales compared to England right now.

I agree with your comments abour the Flaklands/malvinas....BUT we have a far greater camaraderie with the Argentine over a long period of time than to take notice of staged flag waving by a General who happened to need a war to keep him in power, or the actions of the frightened conscripts that were sent there by him.

We know Argentinians through the Patagonia / Wales relationship, and also through the Polo....many work with the horses here and in Europe, and we always have a fine time with them...no problems now.

So on today's matches in the WORLD CUP

Portugal will eek out a scrappy 1-0 win

& Czech's & Italian's will go large with 3 or 4-0 wins & send the USA & Ghana packing

No ope ol bean, afterall there's more than 1 nation playing in this World cup...Ta Da

But seriously the CONCACAF qualification is a joke & all their teams have been pretty poor in this compy. Italians start slowly so for me they've got their gash game outta the way, sure the Yanks will give it a lash but their jus not good enough to keep the Italians out for 90mins, I predict a 3-0 maybe 4-1

OR else I gotta spend the next month at home supping Lynx Lager

Gee Furelli... youse is a great tipster: Portugal up 2-0 after 83 minutes....... can I have an advanced score on aust V brazil?? WEG

ToSser...

Welsh, eh?? well THAT explains a LOT LMAO!!!!

Just as well we don't have to put up with your singing as well WEG.

Gee Furelli... youse is a great tipster: Portugal up 2-0 after 83 minutes....... can I have an advanced score on aust V brazil?? WEG

OI Geezer (If I read you right?) - Seeing as most was tipping 4 or 5 goals to Portugal that was one of my better ones

Iran 14/1 Underdogs at start, not toooo shabby if you got on Portugal when the price was 1.8

My best pearler's to date being Argentina & Spain to get KO in the group games Cracks open a can of "White Lightning"

As for Aussie vs Samba Princesses (Avert yer eyes now) I've gonne with the Aussies holding 'em to 0-0 at HT but going down 2-0 late on (Get on Brazil when the price is higher - bout 1.5/1.6) sorry but jus can't see Aussie winning against them BUT they're put up a far better performance than the English did vs Brazil in the last World Cup - At least they're go down fighting

Up the Celts