Show us your furs - New or Old

neoJaguar

19 hours ago, mofur said:

What a fantastic fur coat to be your first! Love, love, love raccoon fur. And love the fur hat, too 😍

PS - a fur for the bedroom only, or do you plan to wear it out? 

Probably just the bedroom, don't know if I'm courageous enough to wear it out by myself. Maybe on a cold winter night while on a walk but other than that it's mainly a bedroom fur. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is literally my first fur. It's not in good condition, but colour, and softness reward every defect. And also cost about 10 euros.

Now I'm searching for something long - silver fox, or coyote. The difficulty is that I'm a tall guy, so I have less choice, as well bad luck on biddings on ebay 😉

IMG_20230404_122851.jpg

IMG_20230325_153304.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is myFurs(1292).thumb.jpg.01234017f5fa892ec977fd9bdada584a.jpgFurs(1293).thumb.jpg.82f4b491ca8034fad345ab3415a9ed19.jpg latest ebay find. Won it today and will have it by the end of the week. I love big fur collars on coats. Can't wait to slip it on. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s my latest acquisition. I’ve spent over three years paying off this coat and I absolutely love it. It’s indigo fox with black fox accents 

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6176.jpeg

IMG_4491.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpeg

IMG_3250.jpeg

IMG_3252.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Furski said:

What a collar! Did you design it?

Yes. When I had this coat commissioned, I wanted it to look somewhat reminiscent of the designs from brands like Oscar de la Renta, Christian Dior and Revillon  that were popular back in the late 70’s and early 80’s, but with a modern twist. I think it turned out wonderful. The only real issue now is finding a formal enough event to wear this to because it’s not as casual as my other furs that I’ve worn in the past

Edited by Panther10

Yes! It’s very elegant but also looks like it can be worn on many occasions. Not for quick errand but average dinner or shopping in nicer areas! Does that beautiful collar stand up & caress your face & neck? 

There’s a wire at the base of the collar but it’s not a strong enough gauge to keep it aloft so it slinks back down almost immediately 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 6:09 PM, Furski said:

Still big enough to curl around your face. Love the huge collar. Wear it much last winter.

No I have been paying installments on it for the last three and a half years. I finally was able to take it home this past May

Edited by Panther10
  • Like 1

In regards to the collar design though it’s just too too heavy for it to stand up. I can hold the collar in place with my hands but the moment I let go it falls back down to my shoulders. The wire at the base just isn’t strong enough to support the weight of all the fur. Also the collar is a cross cut design so the weight is distributed evenly amongst each skin, so the only way to truly articulate the collar is to redo it and insert a wire in between each panel. That’s not an expense I want to undertake. It would also make the furrier that much heavier thanks to all the steel wire inside and lately I’m looking for coats that reduce the amount of weight that I have to carry. It’s why I sold my blue fox and white fox coats. The skins were so heavy that the pieces were between 40 lbs and 100 lbs respectively. And I also recently lost a lot of weight so big and heavy furs are a lot more cumbersome than they used to be. 

Too bad you had to sell your coats due to your weight change. I hope you got the price you wanted.  I hope the loss of weigh was a good thing and not a bad thing.

35 minutes ago, minkme said:

Too bad you had to sell your coats due to your weight change. I hope you got the price you wanted.  I hope the loss of weigh was a good thing and not a bad thing.

Well it helped me pay off the remaining balance on this fur so I was extremely grateful for that. Without those sales, who knows how long it would have taken me to pay off this coat. And  it wasn’t the only thing that was on layaway. I also had two stoles and a hat to collect too. I was really close to loosing my account at the store without those payments. I still have some residuals to pay off but there’s only $300 left so I’m we’ll out of the danger zone 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2023 at 10:40 AM, Showgirl2017 said:

Omg!!! It’s so gorgeous!!!!

I assume you were talking about my fur coat but thank you for the compliment!

My apologies for the empty post. I screwed something up and I couldn’t delete the post, only edit it.

These are my two latest purchases…

IMG_4709.thumb.jpeg.c8f4a8b3e282cc4ba6473f7ab6e4f336.jpegIMG_3815.thumb.jpeg.1ce2dca7a15bce8c13a6a2e86647bf4a.jpeg

• Like 6