The weight of a full length coat!

Furrrrrrrrrr

Hi Bob

Oddly enough, I happen to be wearing fur right now!

I've found that, on warm nights, it's actually cooler sleeping under a fur blanket than a low TOG duvet.

Whereabouts in the UK do you live?

Rick, aka furbull

I appreciate the information .. very helpful.. I do want to find a full lenght fox for my self In this coming year in a plus size.. I would love to get a gorgeous silver fox or blue fox if I can buy one..

On 6/16/2019 at 2:27 PM, furbull said:

Living in the UK there aren't that many opportunities to wear fur but I have a couple of coats that I like to use as dressing gowns in the winter.

The weight of a full length fox fur as it bumps against the back of your legs is both warm and sensual. Sadly, my lovely heavy coyote coat (3rd generation, originally from Montreal) had deteriorated and needed to be re-incarnated as a jacket. 

I also have a very heavy ankle length vintage fur, not sure what it is but it has the look of an aquatic animal; it's perfect for star-gazing on a cold, clear winter's night but I wouldn't like to walk far in it. Would love to identify the fur...(first picture has coyote as background). The fur looks as though it's going to be harsh but feels quite soft.  Any thoughts?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi

Looks like Nutria or Beaver 

Pokerace

On 6/16/2019 at 2:27 PM, furbull said:

Living in the UK there aren't that many opportunities to wear fur but I have a couple of coats that I like to use as dressing gowns in the winter.

The weight of a full length fox fur as it bumps against the back of your legs is both warm and sensual. Sadly, my lovely heavy coyote coat (3rd generation, originally from Montreal) had deteriorated and needed to be re-incarnated as a jacket. 

I also have a very heavy ankle length vintage fur, not sure what it is but it has the look of an aquatic animal; it's perfect for star-gazing on a cold, clear winter's night but I wouldn't like to walk far in it. Would love to identify the fur...(first picture has coyote as background). The fur looks as though it's going to be harsh but feels quite soft.  Any thoughts?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi

Looks like Nutria or Beaver 

Pokerace

Thanks for the feedback; the guard hairs look coarse but are surprisingly silky. They certainly don’t feel sharp on my neck when the collar is turned up. 👍  Sounds like the money is on Beaver: it’s a gorgeous coat in any event! 

I have at least 6 beaver lamb furs coats. They really are heavy . Simply the best!

I picked one up last year from an Ebay sale. MINT, £18 . I could not believe my luck ,and why no-one was bidding on it.  

It weighed a ton !    Had to have the collar re-modelled , so I could wear it as a guys coat. 

The fur is delightfully soft, not as much as a fox or similar. But it outweighs every other fur I know!

40 minutes ago, furs limited said:

I am confused with beaver/lamb.

But I do appreciate heavy coats.

i didn't understand what you meant by "confused with beaver/lamb" ?

beaver lamb coats are another name for MOUTON or, in Europe, they have Pannofix which is NOT the same, but similar.

The weight of the coats is delightful if you like heavy coats.

Send me an Email if you want any further info, and I'll gladly send you pictures and more information

[email protected]

Kind regards

Silverlining

• 3 years later...

mmm heavy thick pelts yes !!! and there are so many kinky ways to make them even more heavy while

wearing them 😉

On 3/11/2018 at 3:06 PM, punisherthunder said:

I always prefer heavy furs.

The heavyer the better 😉 and there are many kinky ways to make them even more heavy while wearing them 

and feeling the sexy thick soft skins all over 

A full length sheared river otter is gonna be very heavy, however a full length sheared nutria will be light as a feather, even though both furs feel and look similar. Both are quite  often mistaken for sheared beaver. Leather thickness and hair density are key factors. Lynx is light, fox and coyote are not, even though they are both fluffy with similar hair length.

Even my new full lenght faux fur coat is a good heavy weight to it and i love it.. and I'm in love with the hood to it as well.

8 hours ago, furlvman1 said:

A full length sheared river otter is gonna be very heavy, however a full length sheared nutria will be light as a feather, even though both furs feel and look similar. Both are quite  often mistaken for sheared beaver. Leather thickness and hair density are key factors. Lynx is light, fox and coyote are not, even though they are both fluffy with similar hair length.

I wouldn’t really put lynx in the same category as fox or coyote. We just bought a lynx and it is nowhere near as fluffy as fox. Maybe it’s the type of lynx we bought (belly fur). 

On 3/11/2018 at 11:43 AM, Furrrrrrrrrr said:

Hey Lnyx!

Lynx  is one of the lighter furs out there. It's not as durable as land otter though.

I was just thinking about how much I love the weight of a full length fur coat and was wondering what some of the heavier furs are. I have a full length fox that I love, also a full length coyote, but I was surprised to learn how much of a weight difference there is between the two.

I’ve noticed my full length raccoon weighs substantially more than my coyote or fox coat.

Anybody else like to share their thoughts?

I’ve always wanted a lynx coat, but after talking to a couple people it seems that lynx is one of the “lighter” furs out there. Is this true?

I’d appreciate any reply’s!

-Furrrrr

11 hours ago, furlvman1 said:

I want a full length parka lined with plucked and sheared land otter and a plucked and sheared land otter, brown longhaired beaver and wolverine paw ruff and wolverine midsection hem.

11 hours ago, furlvman1 said:

Some people out West use lynx for parka liners . That said, it, it takes 22 lynx tomake a full length parka. After that you have to figure in wolverine or wolf for  the ruff and hem as well as longhaired beaver or plucked and sheared land otter to trim the ruff and cuffs and cotton canvas for the cover.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:43 AM, furs limited said:

Ah, mouton, with that I am familiar.

Mouton makes great parka liners. Also mouton is cheaper than plucked and sheared land otter.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2018 at 4:12 PM, red_fox said:

The only truly heavy furs I have are the full length moutons. I'll start to search again thrift shops

... when i have money again

Me too, several full length moutons, I love them !

On 6/16/2019 at 3:46 PM, furrybob said:

Hi furbull,

I also live in the UK, but I wear fur almost every day, even in this British summer we're having

Just go for it.

Bob

aka Furrybob

Nice to see folk wearing their furs in summer. I’m one of them, even in the crazy temps we have just had in the UK! Nothing nicer!