• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReFur

• Worker 11811

• White Fox

• MAINLYMINK

I, too, am very sad. RIP James.

Do we know of what he died? I cannot believe he was of advanced years...

Yes, he died of health issues and you are correct, he was not even 50.

We had originally had details posted here. But, in reflecting on how private a person he was, we decided to honor him best we should remove the personal details.

linda

Could this be true? It's so hard to believe that JGalanos has passed away... A terrible loss of our community. His contributions and his great sense of humor will always be missed. I have had a chance to correspond with him through PMs, asking him about his furs, and replying to his questions about those that I owned. It was a most pleasant exchange. I will always cherish those memories.

me, too.

Linda

Gosh i just learned about this!

Well i cannot say that i knew him. But i know, like many here have said, he was a true good guy and i think he really loved this community.

The good thing about all this, if we can point out a good thing is that it was seen. I mean, somehow, someone realize he didn't post for a while and others tried to locate him. And thats how we now know he's no longer with us. I cant say its gonna be like this for most of us in this community or in others. So what it tells me is that live your life the best you can. Somewhere, somehow, someone will remember you.

RIP, my furry friends

Just for everybody's information...

I had to take the original link to JG's obituary down because of privacy concerns but I am in the middle of creating a new page on the Fur Den with the same information except that the personally identifying parts have been edited.

I am almost finished but I want the other mods and admins to review my work to be sure I get it right before I release it. As soon as I do, I'll post the link.

I think it's important to record this information on the Fur Den's server instead of some outside site. There's no guarantee that the outside entity will keep that page accessible for any period of time. It will eventually go off-line. They will either remove it or archive it in a place where it won't be easy to find. Storing it on the Fur Den's server makes it available to all members as long as the Fur Den is still on-line.

I'll keep you all updated.

Just found out about this today. I'm still speechless.

But here's a toast to 47 good years among the human race.

In memoriam.

"JGalanos"

1962-2010

(PS, happy veterans' day.)

Here's the link to JGalanos' obituary hosted on the Fur Den's website:

http://vdsden.thefurden.com/fdwiki/?n=History.JGalanos-redact

As you will see, personally identifying information has been edited.

We also have the full details of the obituary stored in a locked page because we believe it is important to keep the information on record but that page will remain under wraps out of respect for JG's privacy. If there is a clearly demonstrated need for that information the admin team will determine whether or not to release it on a case by case basis.

I am absolutely shocked and shaken.

I often received supportive posts from JG, he was one of my biggest supporters when I first started the ' furry-playroom'..... and he even sent me a racoon full length jacket all the way from the USA to England just because he wanted me to ' feel how soft' the racoon was. A gentleman with heart and soul.

I am so sorry to hear of his death.

Brandy

I have been absent for a while and finding such news is quite demanding. JG left us with so many interesting posts.....may he be in a 'furry heaven'.

Auzmink.

I'm saddened to hear of his passing, he certianly was a very thoughtful member of the Den.

Thanks to those who helped to find out about this (imricardito and Kostas) and to Worker for adding his obitaury (a nice touch with having his avatar).

I guess that's the way of people you only know as a pseudonym through the internet, but it is rather sad to find out someone's passing six weeks late.

Rest in peace JG.

you are welcome everyone, I was just worried as the rest of you and wanted to find him. I could never expect the outcome of my research though, I googled his address hoping to get a number to call him, not this...

Its much better now with the private tribute. I wasn't sure if I had the right to post this and how to handle it but I knew everyone was really anxious to know the truth.

I was thinking we could also gather the best of his posts and quotes in a dedicated post/category.

He really had so many interesting stuff to say... I miss him already. Thefurden is a great place and will always be, but I feel like it will never be the same without him.

one snoopy from me too... I know he would like us to be more cheerful and stop mourning.

If you would like to know a little more about JG, he loved music. The following link is to a thread of some of his favorites with comments.

viewtopic.php?t=5776

For those of you who didn't know him well, he loved to use the Snoppy. Several of us use it now to honor his memory.

You may want to rewrite the obituary so that it won't be the first return when you Google a line from it.

Tried to rewrite it enough so that it wouldn't but I'm not sure that I can make it non-specific enough that it won't turn up.

If you've got any ideas send me a PM and we can work on it.

I wasn't sure if I had the right to post this and how to handle it but I knew everyone was really anxious to know the truth.

I don't have a problem with it. It is within the scope of your position as a businessman to follow up on the fate of a customer with whom you have done business. It is not too difficult for the enterprising individual to find information on the internet if he looks hard enough. In fact, as we are finding out, it is sometimes difficult to hide information even if you try.

Kostas,

Thank you for letting us know. You had nothing but good in your heart with this. We all know this.

Maybe we would have somehow eventually figured it out. But, thanks to you we know now.

I knew something was wrong. It took me about two weeks before I got alarmed though. I had hoped somehow he was OK. In my heart I knew after my emails were not answered and there was continued silence. I knew JG well enough, he would not just leave and not say good bye. Not without it being out of his control. I didn't post anything until this thread was started. I guess I was praying I was wrong.

Linda

sure

but I was acting as a friend and not as a businessman

I understand.

I was just saying that you had an extra reason to do the followup.

Besides, I would not want to conduct business with anybody who didn't treat his customers like friends. Thanks for letting us know.

I'd wondered why we hadn't had any recent posts from him. That's an absolute tragedy. Thank you those who took the time to look into this. Worker if you want to make the obit less googable, then maybe this is more anonymous? A booklover, he was a keen patron of the arts and frequent visitor of art museums and the symphony.

His posts were the most memorable on the Den. Detailing what furs, on whom, he'd spied whilst out and about, and what furs he'd been tucked up in too.

RIP JG

Even though I haven't been with the den for very long I always looked forward to JGalanos' posts. I too feel empty in a way. Let's all take this to heart so that we all make sure that our health is our first priority. Without that we have nothing. I know diabetes can be very difficult to deal with. Not only day to day but year to year as well.

Everyone take care!

JA

I am extremely sorry to hear of JGalano's passing.

It's not easy hearing about another member who had such a great love of furs, leaving us in this manner. He definitely will be missed.

-Robinfur

Let's not just post things, let's all wear our furs (if we have them) as JG would! Admittedly, I had vicarious pleasure in his descriptions of his furs and encounters. I'll never forget his encounter with a waitress while he was wearing his full length crystal fox coat. As he put it, he was "dressed to the eights". He went on to describe the 8 inch wide collar, the 80 inch sweep (WOW), and so forth. I can only imagine!

All the best!