• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReFur

• Worker 11811

• White Fox

• MAINLYMINK

I gave him an email, but didn't hear anything back. However, would be great if someone else here wanted to send one to him as well.

As mentioned, it really does make one worry when someone just disappears like that. Sure hope he is ok.

J

Several weeks ago I tried to pm him and emailed a week later. Although both emails are the same address. Have not heard a word. This is one of the things about Internet friends. They come in to your life from no where, and unfortunately they can disappear the same way. ...and without knowing a reason why, or if they are even OK.

This would be the one draw-back to the anonymity the internet can provide. Is there any single user he may have communicated with frequently here in the Den or on another forum? I do know that I have seen similar username's here in the Den and on other Fur related web sites. That could be another option, try checking one of the other fur related sites to see if he's hanging around elsewhere for some reason?

I'm working on tracking him down but it's not easy. Finding somebody on the internet is like putting together a 10,000 piece jigsaw puzzle with half the pieces missing.

If anybody can send me information that would help, please forward it via PM .

TIA

He is also a member of Fur Fashion Guide and his last activity on that site was previous to this one. Put the two together and that's what made me think something was out of sorts.

I will go to FFG and hunt around for clues but I don't have the searching capability there like I do here. I'll have to bump around manually.

Anything you know, even if it's seemingly small, can help me pin down a person's location.

Does anybody have any recollection of his real-life name or do they know about where he worked?

Send it via Private Message, please.

I will not divulge personal information in public. However, if I can find out whether he's okay, I'll report that information. (If I can find out.)

Besides JGalanos, we have not heard from roninphy for a long time. It seems that the last time he logged into the Den was on 2 June 2010. In fact, I sent him a PM about a month ago, wishing him well, but he has not read it yet because he has not logged in since then.

I hope both of them are doing fine. It is an unfortunate aspect of the anonymity that the internet provides. Maybe it's a good idea to include an optional "Contact phone for emergencies" field in the user profiles?

As I recall this often happens with Roninphy. I can never keep everyone straight around here, but I seem to recall that is either a University oriented or work oriented thing. He will come on for awhile, and then disappear for awhile.

However, if anyone should see them at other sites please let them know that we would love to see them back again. That we miss them. Or even just to know that they are ok. Samurman, you might try an email to Roninphy. The problem around these sites of course is that people so often open their membership with a temporary email lasting a few weeks, and it disappears again, so we cannot contact them. Again, I cannot remember if Roninphy's email is like this or not.

W

f anyone should see them at other sites please let them know that we would love to see them back again. That we miss them. Or even just to know that they are ok.

That's what's most important to me. I just want to know that people are all right.

A little over a year ago, I got run down by a car. Clobbered! I was taken by ambulance to the hospital after sustaining a concussion. I was in-hospital for four days and spent several weeks at home in bed. I was completely off the internet for nearly a week but nobody on any of the half-dozen websites I frequent even sent a PM or an e-mail to see if I was all right.

Internet friends aren't the same as IRL-friends. (IRL = "In Real Life") You see your IRL-friends every day and you know all about them. You know what they like or dislike and you have real relationships with them. With internet friends ("iFriends" ) you only know what you read on the screen. It's important to know the distinction.

But, still, friends are friends whether they are "iFriends" or IRL-friends.

As such, I think it's important to know if your friends are okay, even if it's only a one-line message, "I'm OK."

If somebody doesn't want to or is unable to continue posting on the Fur Den (or any other website) due to some situation or circumstance IRL, that's fine. It's disappointing but, if it's the person's decision, I can accept that.

Bottom line is that I just want to know if the guy is all right.

holy shit....

terrible terrible news my friends

JG is not amongst us anymore....

He ordered from us a scarf a few years ago. I tracked down the Paypal payment. His name was J*** T******* and googled his address to find the following:

uggc://jjj.zrffratre-vadhvere.pbz/negvpyrf/2010/09/30/bovghnevrf/17545453.gkg

I've got goose bumps all over my body... terrible news, so sad

edit by white fox. Out of respect for JGalanos and for the privacy of his family we have removed some information here. We hope to make an edited version available in the future without family information, etc.

W

terrible terrible news my friends . . .

This is, indeed, terrible news. JG was an exemplary member of this community. He contributed so very, very much and asked for so little in return. I always looked forward to reading his posts. I will miss him, and this community will feel his loss. In fact, The Fur Den will not be the same without him. As I look back over the past 16 or 17 years, I have seen so many who have come into the community and left as quietly and unnoticed as they came. They rarely, if ever, contributed anything of value to what we all have always tried to do. JG was different. Not only did he participate from the standpoint of very articulate posts, links and pictures, he contributed his own unique personality that was interesting as well as charming. In the future, some may try to imitate him; none will ever duplicate him. We were richer to have had him in our presence.

Rest in peace, good friend . . .

Could this be true? It's so hard to believe that JGalanos has passed away... A terrible loss of our community. His contributions and his great sense of humor will always be missed. I have had a chance to correspond with him through PMs, asking him about his furs, and replying to his questions about those that I owned. It was a most pleasant exchange. I will always cherish those memories.

I can't tell you all the sadness I feel. People I have cared for here have come and gone. We never really know what happens to them, we just assume they will come back to visit. But, JG was different. He came on and really tried to contribute. Then one day his posts stopped. He was just short of 3000 posts. I remember how proud he was when he made 1000.

His daily posts on the ebay forum made him such a part of us. I know OFF will probably miss him the most.

FrBrGr said it best. He was a kind, bright wonderful person. He touched my life and made our little world a better place.

Thank you Kostas for answering the mystery.

Worker. Many members, including our mods do go for a while without posting. I hope you don't think you are not an imprtant part of who we are. You are.

In honor of JG, I will always use the Snoppy he loved to use.

I will miss him so. With his passing, he takes a small part of me with him.