No More New fur Sales in Calfornia

minkme

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump!

Have any other California members managed to get coats through the mail this year? I've been told by someone that you can get vintage fur in the mail no problem. But has anyone gotten a custom made coat or fur accessory in the mail yet without issues?

Only real fur. I haven't bought any brand new furs this year, but I did get a bunch of preowned furs with no problem. When I tried ordering furs from online US stores, they're not available to ship here. So I'm not sure if it's just domestic brand new furs that can't be bought online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gai said:

Only real fur. I haven't bought any brand new furs this year, but I did get a bunch of preowned furs with no problem. When I tried ordering furs from online US stores, they're not available to ship here. So I'm not sure if it's just domestic brand new furs that can't be bought online.

Wait, that's interstate commerce, which feels over the line. That perhaps could be sued over.

9 hours ago, LordTheNightKnight said:

Wait, that's interstate commerce, which feels over the line. That perhaps could be sued over.

I mean not really. I live in Chicago, IL and most ammunition companies won’t ship here. I don’t see how it’d be different in this case if California has a ban on a certain product. 

5 hours ago, a_man_of_many_foxes said:

I mean not really. I live in Chicago, IL and most ammunition companies won’t ship here. I don’t see how it’d be different in this case if California has a ban on a certain product. 

Okay, though I'd still say the law was based on gross misinformation (among other things), so any fur company can sue on that.

19 hours ago, gai said:

Do you think even sites like Etsy or eBay, which still sometimes sell new coats or even custom made coats, would be affected by this? Or do you think it's just large American retailers that won't sell to Cali?

I am sure the furrier fought against the new law.  Furrier are few and fair between now.  It's too late in California.  Several Cities passed similar laws before the State enacted their fur ban.  If you need a new fur in California, you must travel elsewhere to buy it.  Or have someone else in another state buy it for you.  The sale of used furs are still ok in California'.

I have bought multiple new furs this year and had them mailed to my home in California.  Have had no issues.  Bought new furs from Ukraine and Greece.   

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rettfoxx said:

I have bought multiple new furs this year and had them mailed to my home in California.  Have had no issues.  Bought new furs from Ukraine and Greece.   

Okay, guess the law doesn't interfere with interstate commerce.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2023 at 3:26 PM, rettfoxx said:

Have you still had no issues? No nasty letters in the mail or anything like that?

Maybe this law is just for those selling new fur from within the state or not allowing the big USA retailers from shipping in. I wouldn't see why this law would go after the consumer and fine them.

Also has anyone bought custom fetish pieces from Etsy and had them shipped to Cali? I can buy used fur easily (I'm even friends with a used fur seller), but custom fetish pieces similar to the ones by MissFox6 are the "new" products that I'm most curious about.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 12:13 PM, furlover15 said:

Have you still had no issues? No nasty letters in the mail or anything like that?

Maybe this law is just for those selling new fur from within the state or not allowing the big USA retailers from shipping in. I wouldn't see why this law would go after the consumer and fine them.

Also has anyone bought custom fetish pieces from Etsy and had them shipped to Cali? I can buy used fur easily (I'm even friends with a used fur seller), but custom fetish pieces similar to the ones by MissFox6 are the "new" products that I'm most curious about.

I live in San Diego.  In 2021, I contacted westernmontanafurcenter.com about bobcat pelts.  I was looking to buy one.  The owner told me he didn't like Democrats and he would not ship any fur to California.  Just recently, I contacted Rocky Mountain Fireworks and Fur Company, located in Caldwell, Idaho, about bobcat pelts.  They have a bobcat pelt in my price range that is exactly what I am looking for.  Unfortunately, they do not ship to California due to the fur ban.

Edited by imworthit

On 1/4/2023 at 1:16 PM, Shy_Fur_Guy said:

Yet another reason to not live there.

California has its fair share of problems (I should know, I live here) but living here is paradise compared to living in a red state.  The weather is beautiful, the scenery is gorgeous, there are tons of things to do, you get to meet people from different cultures, people here tend to be quite tolerant of others' differences, and it's an economic powerhouse.  Try becoming upwardly mobile in a state like Alabama, Louisiana, or West Virginia.  Plus, if you're a woman, it's fairly easy to get an abortion.

• Like 5

On 9/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, imworthit said:

The owner told me he didn't like Democrats and he would not ship any fur to California.

That's ridiculous. Shame on him. Bringing out partisan politics during a sale. Like lmao, don't take my money I guess.

On 9/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, imworthit said:

Just recently, I contacted Rocky Mountain Fireworks and Fur Company, located in Caldwell, Idaho, about bobcat pelts.  They have a bobcat pelt in my price range that is exactly what I am looking for.  Unfortunately, they do not ship to California due to the fur ban.

That's too bad. Any luck getting stuff from off of Ebay shipped?

4 hours ago, furlover15 said:

That's ridiculous. Shame on him. Bringing out partisan politics during a sale. Like lmao, don't take my money I guess.

That's too bad. Any luck getting stuff from off of Ebay shipped?

The last time I bought fur off of eBay was summer 2021.  I had no problems receiving the fur in the mail.