How Smart are you??

ReFur

9 of 11.

Missed #4 and #8.

Made an assumption on #4.

Wasn't thinking on #8. Missed a critical point.

What kind of a dumbass intelligence test is that? An inning in cricket is both teams and there are two innings for each. Thats culturally prejudiced.....what is that...baseball or something?

Got the widow one wrong too. Otherwise got 9/11 with the moses ark question answererd by my girlf so had a bit of help.

but good fun thanks linda.

Only 7 (out of ten because as touch says there is 10 out in an innings.

I didn't think about the marrying one, i was thinking he was a vicar.

OKAY< SO I AM THICK AND I DON'T CARE (sulk, sulk)

It was really Moses on the freaking ark! Everyone knows that Noah's old lady, Sophie, caught him with that really cute little ewe in the barn before the ark sailed and threw him out of the house. She had been having an affair with Moses Goldstein and right before the rains came, she convinced him to get all the animals on the boat and join her for adventures on the high seas . . .

So - anybody who answered "1" animal of each sex was right!

10/11 - er, 11/11 for me!

9/11.

Missed the Moses one but thanks to br's logic I get it right.

Also missed the marriage one, but where does it say it's illegal for a dead guy(or girl) to get married.

There are people who follow the vampire ....religion? and they get married and vampire's are dead.

Therefore I got 11 out of 11.

Apparently I'm either an idiot or just a part-time mac user, because when I click on "get your results", the page refreshes (like many web pages I try to go to on my mac, constantly refreshing) and clears all the answers.

!@#%&.

I'm just about to trade in my 4-year old Dell laptop for a MacBook Pro, too...sigh...

J.

because as touch says there is 10 out in an innings.

What if there was a declaration and they took tea early? That question is clearly imprecise and thus should be declared null and void.

Intellignce???

hmmmmmmmmmmm.......... but I went back after doing my test... (8/11... bloody Moses) and put in the correct answers (no... this was not a real cheat as I didn't actually look at all the answers *grin*) According to the quiz, only three have/had hit the right number (11/11)... which might have more to do with comprehension and knowledge than intelligence (Street cred V Uni degree etc)

Anyways, As the questions were set by a yank, of course they were talking about Baseball... sheeeeeeeeeeeesh you think they'd be able to sit through a test match??? (Nothing like pulling the big paddle out at times like this *grin*.... now is it clockwise?? or anticlockwise....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

11/11.

The California one was a lucky guess. And being a bit of a smart-ass, I came up with alternative answers for each question. Speaking of street-smarts, I went to Catholic school...then dropped out of Catholic school. There's your intelligence right there. That Moses question was too funny, but when it comes to intelligence, anyone who believes that one of these tests is a gauge of one's smarts...isn't very smart. However, Linda, I thank you for a fun romp through the pathways of the other side of my brain, the one I haven't seen in a while.

ciao,

J.[/i]

hmmmm - 7 for me. But then I reckon you guys are right - the baseball one dosen't apply to Brits (and Aussies). How are we meant to know about baseball? - good grief!!

And what's the point of taking pills if it isn't for the effect they give you, so I reckon '90' is correct asnswer.

I'm sure if your estate was rich enough, your wife's sister would find someway to get her hands on some of that cash. Even if it meant hiding your body and bribing someone to forge a marriage certificate. - I mean, they did specify Califiornia! Any other state - maybe, but for California? ........... come on ....dont push it!

I'm so stunned by having my inteligence questioned, that I can't remember the other one I got wrong, but I'm sure it must have been right.

So all in all - Thanks Linda - fun way to pass a few minutes. (ok, ok I suppose you inteligent ones are going to tell me you did it in seconds)

(ok, ok I suppose you inteligent ones are going to tell me you did it in seconds)

Oh no - I used a little over a minute.

Here is a lateral thinker;

I have one brother. We were born out of the same mother on the same day, same year within minutes of each other but we are not twins.

How can this be?

If you know the answer already, don't reveal it!

Your triplets? and the other one is a sister?

Hmm. Dont know if that's possible, and even if it is, I suspect I'm not being lateral enough. Let me think about this

Ravens8,

Either you are brilliant or you have heard it before. Never before has anyone ever got it right.

So i a) Bow to your great intelligence, or

b) Tut at the fact that you have heard it before and are trying to

sound clever

Yay!!

I wouldn't intentionally spoil your fun Allfurme. I'm as surprised as you are - Promise.

I wasn't even sure that you could get triplets of mixed sexes. In fact was convinced there was an even more devious answer.

I still haven't got the one about the guy found strangled sitting at a table in a room locked from the inside with the key in his jacket pocket, with an open 6" skylight above the door. (I think that was all the clues).

Ravens...

No, I couldn't do it in seconds. It took a whole half minute!

(Sorry but I just could not resist that one.) No idea on how long it took, but came up with an 8. Could see what they were getting at with a couple but they seemed to have more than one possible answer. And, I guessed the wrong one.

Guess I should have taken 35 seconds eh Earendil?

J

Here is a lateral thinker;

I have one brother. We were born out of the same mother on the same day, same year within minutes of each other but we are not twins.

How can this be?

If you know the answer already, don't reveal it!

Triplets was my guess as well. (without reading ahead).