Finally a fur sighting today!

WinnipegFur

While Christmas shopping today an older woman was inline with her older son wearing a nice coyote vest.. Don't know if the son was objecting to the fur or not, but I was catching parts of her conversation talking about wearing the fur and how she can wear it until spring and be comfortable in it, and she didn't really care what anyone thought!! So not sure if she was catching some flak, or if she was just happy to be wearing her fur out... If her son wasn't there I would have gladly told her how awesome it looked and that I have several coats myself... nice to see some fur out there today!!

• Like 1

Could have just been general conversation, although so many women I know are really embarrassed and fearful about wearing their furs out of doors, which is of course a real shame. Too much need to conform.

Great to hear. I had the same experience a couple of days ago. I was in a shopping centre and about to leave, as I see this young woman elegantly coming in with her ankle-length fur vest.

She had an amazing style... I really love winter sometimes!

I see several Furs most of the time at work. And it’s usually a decent mix of faux fur and real fur. But out of the maybe 30+ shifts I’ve reported to since late October, I’ve seen fur coats and jackets maybe 35% of the time. And that doesn’t include the days I show up to work wearing one of my own fox coats

You know, seeing more men in fur would really be a plus...many of you guys complain about not seeing very many women in furs, but the dearth is really and truly in the lack of men wearing fur coats.

I've seen a couple of guys in furs at Macy's. One gentleman had a coyote parka and the other had a full length black fox. These two sightings were probably about 3 1/2 weeks apart.

Yes. All of these sighting occurred just within the last month or so in the northern suburbs of Chicago. And while the coyote parka was nice to see, it seemed like it was a little par for the course. The full length fox however, is a more welcome addition in my eyes. It tells me that that more and more, everyday men are willing to make bolder choices of which furs they choose to wear when they venture out in the cold.

seeing a few men in furs this season has got me wondering how many other gentlemen have had other custom blue fox coats made for themselves from the same shop that I ordered my coat from. I know the owner of the salon has said that several hundred orders were fulfilled and processed, but I can't be the only guy who ordered one, can I?

I work the late shift in a department store, and last night I had to compliment a lady who was wearing a beautiful silver Fox stroller.

Not very often you see someone in this part of the UK in a coat like that, although this year there is a marked increase in people wearing coats with real fur trim on the hoods. Raccoon, coyote, silver fox and crystal fox are quite regular now. Hopefully this starts a trend, and people with full coats start to wear them more often.

I hope that complimenting any I get the chance too, inspires more people to bring them out proudly on cold days.

I saw a. Hip lenght brown mink with a huge fox trim on it and a light brown feathered fox jacket with a huge fox collar today at the grocerie store today

With as cold as it is across most or North America at the moment, this will probably be the best time ever if people are going to wear furs to get them out. Its now or never so to say.

Of all things in the local supermarket this afternoon a woman came in as I was leaving and she was wearing a crystal fox jacket! Good thing I was done shopping or I would have been following her around in there and gotten nothing done.

The interesting thing for me, is that before I was active in the Den, I never noticed a man following me in a store and thinking, oh, he might like my fur coat. Since being here, I have noticed it, and it always puts a smile on my face.

It's been about 30 degrees here every day and I haven't seen much. I live in the southeastern U.S. and I was at the local supermarket as I didn't think I would see anything as I live in a very rural area. It was quite a sight to see I assure you.

I haven't noticed anyone follow my wife before, but have noticed that a lot of others seem to compliment or attempt to feel. The drink service at the ballet last week was exceptional and I think it was due to her in her silver fox stroller. I'm of the opinion now that one can never have enough silver fox strollers on hand!

Today at a college football game I saw a few furs from women who were from the Chicago area, the team they supported is the Northwestern Wildcats. There was a woman with a full length blonde beaver coat with a contrasting dark brown fox collar that ran the length of the front of her coat to the bottom hem. There was another lady who wore a full length honey blonde mink coat. Another woman passed me in a full length mahogany mink fur coat with a directional design near the bottom portion of the coat. A few women sported mink jackets. I was surprised at how many women from that seating section appreciated wearing and owning their furs!

• Like 1

Great to hear they are being worn for an everyday type event. So many people say to me, where do you wear you furs, and I of course reply everywhere! This is sadly a nonsequetor to so many.

Yes it does Hondo, as I am now fully aware of the pleasure, albeit vicarious. It can give, and so long as boundaries of personal space are not violated, I am happy to oblige.

Every chance I get I try and pass on a compliment on how gorgeous her fur is and how great it looks on her. Some really appreciate, some are a bit taken back.