Amazing!! Fur Rondy Festival

billhenry1234

A full length blue fox. I should say its more like a floor length coat since it's 60" long from the shoulder. And its also 60" around the chest. It will definitely be larger than most furs sold off the rack that's for sure. With a little luck I should be able to start making payments on it in the next week or so.

I have a red fox jacket, a coyote jacket with white fox trim and several hats. I know it's technically prohibited but this is just a one time thing so here are the links to the items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252794111817?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252794112320?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252824010894?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Also FYI (not sure if anyone here is even interested) but I will also be putting up two S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla figures on my ebay page sometime before summer.

• 1 month later...

We're retiring this year. Maybe we can save up to go in 2020. There might be a special celebration that year. We already have all the furs we need.

FurBob

We're retiring this year. Maybe we can save up to go in 2020. There might be a special celebration that year. We already have all the furs we need.

FurBob

What makes the 2020 event a special one?

• 3 months later...

FurBob

What makes the 2020 event a special one?

That will be the 85th anniversary. So my guess is that trebor is thinking something will happen then. Personally, I think it might be wiser to go for the 90th anniversary.

• 5 months later...

Not this year, as I had a different trip earlier, but am planning to go again next year. So nice to be surround by furs and people who love them. Almost a fur lovers convention, although many are just going along to get along I suspect.

Oh that would be an absolutely wonderful and fun idea. The really neat thing is winter in Anchorage is the low season, so hotel rates are quite reasonable, etc. I always get a room with a kitchenette so I grocery shop and save loads of money on food.

• 5 years later...

Wow, Rondy came and went with absolutely no mention of it on the Boards here! I've been looking for footage of the parade. Has anybody come across any footage?

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2023 at 7:35 AM, pnwhist said:

Wow, Rondy came and went with absolutely no mention of it on the Boards here! I've been looking for footage of the parade. Has anybody come across any footage?

Fur rondy has been kind of lax since the pandemic. I think there was a city ordinance that was put in place that said large crowds of people aren’t allowed to congregate without social distancing, and at the same time that tourism in the winter months just plummeted to the point where there are hardly any visitors. The fur rondy page on Facebook this year had a few blurbs about the event for the first 24 hours but after that it just kind of disappeared into the ether. 

• Sad 1

• 10 months later...

Usually about this time of year, we’re excited about what furs came out at the Rondy festival… but nobody here had actually mentioned it. 🙂

In prior years from what I’ve seen through media content, the weather was pretty mild. Apparently, not this year as it was snowing DURING the parade! Just another excuse for the furs to come out.

Now I haven’t had the chance to really peruse the parade video as I JUST discovered it this morning but from all the activity, it looked like a comeback year for the event.

ps if you’re going to film a parade, please hold your phone on landscape mode…

Edited by pnwhist