State of The Fur Den ---Please Read---

neoJaguar

As I jump in and out of jobs at the moment, (times being what they are), I would not be able to donate even if I wanted too. I think advertisement is a good idea if it comes to that or taking the site down... (Just please no cover-the-whole-screen-pop-ups...)

Edited by Guest

would been nice given that all new you pre warned us and wow this is nice now even less plpl on here
You would have been given reasonable notice, but the server crash changed the plans. neoJaguar made an executive decision that it would be better to cutover immediately rather than wait the 2-3 days it would have taken me to restore the old site.

Thank-you neoJaguar for taking on this challenge. And my thanks also to White Fox's closest family and friends for sharing him with us, who barely knew him.

I can trace my on visits on this site back around 15 years when it was still part of Melody O'Hair, although not a member until around 7 years ago. I now have Facebook, FourrureClub, xHamster, Flickr and until 6 months ago FFG logins among others (mostly under Ginger Fox). But I always enjoy coming back here, although I probably don't contribute as much content here as elsewhere.

In terms of advertising, I have no problem with it... however, it would be wise to ensure any agreements have clauses allowing free and open speech on any and all topics by all users, moderators, administrators etc. as it is only with freedom that we are free to be good, caring, loving people by choice. I would not like to be a robot, even if I were a robot in a fur coat.

Thank-you again neoJaguar.

In terms of advertising, I have no problem with it... however, it would be wise to ensure any agreements have clauses allowing free and open speech on any and all topics by all users, moderators, administrators etc. as it is only with freedom that we are free to be good, caring, loving people by choice.

I second this. A blog that I read was potentially going to take on some advertisements, but when the blog owner discovered that the agreement disallowed him from using "naughty" words, he said "fuck that!". " title="Applause" />

Free speech is a priority for me, and I will not be policing anyone on this site. The only time I will get involved if someone is purposely attacking another member. Those types of incidents are obviously rare and will be taken on a case by case basis.

The google bot showed up finally, and started indexing the new site for google... I'm not sure when the rest will find it. That's not something I can force to happen quickly. Any word of mouth at this point is very much appreciated.

Well, I just received an email and clicked on the link, so methinks that doing the email was a smart move since I couldn't connect to this site at all for a few days. Started to get furdrawal symptoms. Not nice when it is warming up in Oz.

Anyways, time fur a prowl.

I always thought that having access to the general fur forum and the pub and market prior to signing in was a good middle ground.

Edited by Guest

Im all for showing yer wares (a flavour anyways) to all & by doing so entice them to join the site & in time to contribute as well.

It takes time for many folk to get comfortable in new surroundings & then to make a post for the first time. For me I enjoy posting & sharing content I find, that works for me, if folk like it too thats great, if they dont... no worries... if it inspires them to hunt out a few pics or clips themselves, then that's a result in the long run as we all get to grow as a forum.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey is a good adage folks.

How come you changed it so that one has to log in to access ALL of the fora?
I tend to agree, and would say neoJaguar over did it a bit. He very reasonably wants to reduce image farming by bots in the Fashion Zone forums and keep bots & guests out of the adult area. However there are several forums (Discussion forums except Chat room, Speciality forums) that in my opinion should be readable by guests.

It is possible because nJ has not had a lot of experience administering a phpBB board that he is not fully aware of the nuances of the phpBB permission system which is complex and can lead to unintended consequences.

I changed it because I did not want bots/people to farm our photos causing unneeded stress on the servers, and ultimately causing the site to slow down.

I've reversed some of the changes - The discussion, and mall area have been set to read only. The rest I'm not granting read access to unless you're logged in. No one needs to be able to see the adult area without logging in.

It's not that I don't know what I'm doing - I'm having to guess at a lot of stuff because a lot of people didn't give their inputs, and I'm essentially flying solo trying to come up with ideas, and fixes for the site. There's a couple people who are in the shadows helping me out, and I cannot thank them enough for their help.

So thanks for bringing this up - If no one gives feedback then I don't know what to fix.

Admittedly, I wasn't aware of the image farming. But also, a lot of the time I go through the site w/o signing in. For better or for worse, I've been around long enough that many topics are redundant now, so I don't sign in as often as others.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been quite busy for the past few months, so it is with great sadness that I have learned about WF's passing away just now. He was a gentle and kind soul, always trying to help people here in the Den, always a wise voice. I will always remember him with a white fuzzy halo around his head, that White Fox hood...