Thanks button

Marcel

Should a "THANKS" button be added to this board?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should a "THANKS" button be added to this board?

• No, I think it is not needed or would clutter up the display of posts.
    • I would like to see it before saying yes or no.
    • Yes, it is a great idea.

I seen this in other forums for the lazy ones that only want to say thanks.

When you see what member likes your post.

Is it possible on here?

EDIT by AKcoyote:

Added a poll to hopefully get more member input on this suggestion. You will be allowed to change your vote if desired. Poll will be open until May 18, 2015.

Kind of like a +1 deal. I know what you mean. I'll talk to AK, and see if its something we can implement.

Lurkers lurkin!

Haven't discussed it with neoJaguar yet.

I assume this would be similar to the "LIKE" button seen on Youtube and other sites? It is not a standard feature of phpBB, but I will look to see if anybody has made a usable modification to provide the feature.

The members name who pushed the thanks button is stored in that thread/post.

Turns out like this:

ae3d0e408426339.jpg

The members name who pushed the thanks button is stored in that thread/post.

Turns out like this:

ae3d0e408426339.jpg

There's one that just show how many people found it 'useful' instead of listing their names. I'll have to find that one.

I want to know who liked it and not how many,that i can see in how many views the thread got.

Wonderful that you understand my swenglish.

I want to know who liked it and not how many,that i can see in how many views the thread got.

Wonderful that you understand my swenglish.

So demanding! j/k. I'll see what I can find.

Before we go much further on this suggestion, I would like to see more opinions expressed.

Is this a good idea or a bad idea

I feel I might be a minority, but I'm not a fan of turning this into "facebook" or "pinterest". All these "likes" do is fulfill one's vanity, and they dissuade people from actually joining the conversation at hand.

I'm middle of the road. I agree, mostly, with Fox but I might like the idea.

There are a lot of posts that get many lookers but few responses.

It would be nice to see that people liked something that was posted.

Like Marcel says, there are a lot of times when people notice something and like it but it doesn't warrant a full, written response. It's kind of lame when there are ten responses to a post which all say, "Good."

A Like Button might just fulfill that niche.

One "Outside" comment here. Topic has changed from "Thanks" to "Like". Are we talking one or the other or both?

This comment is as a member and NOT as an admin. I have found that over time "Like" has become meaningless as people just go through and hit "Like" for everything automatically no matter how good or how bad it is. But again, this is just my personal opinion. I will NOT let it affect my thoughts here if others think opposite.

One "Outside" comment here. Topic has changed from "Thanks" to "Like". Are we talking one or the other or both?
While the ideas are similar,I have been proceeding on Marcel's original request for a THANKS button which would show who (by username) thought a post was good enough to say Thanks for posting.

Yes, it would be a vanity or ego boosting situation which is one of the reasons I added a poll to Marcel's original post -- I need more input from members before considering applying the modification.

Looking forward to see what you got up your sleeves,Tryxie.

If we get some respons from lurkers,maybe one day the button is not good enough and they start posting.

I equate the two in my mind, as they seem to both serve the same purpose.

Before we go much further on this suggestion, I would like to see more opinions expressed.

Is this a good idea or a bad idea

It's just more text at the bottom of a post. Some people like to see their post was appreciated, and others like myself don't care either way. I say add it - it hurts no one, and brings nothing bad.

It's just more text at the bottom of a post.

Dont have to be in every post,just at the end of each thread.Then you level out the egoboost on all posters in that thread.

I will have to re-check the modification as I thought thanks were relative to individual posts rather than the thread (topic).

Folks, if you have a chance please take part in the poll here. Please note the results so far.

It is exactly split down the middle! Two for. Two against. Three not sure. We can't tell who votes so we can only assume those "Typing" here are those who took part in the poll, so we don't count them. We only look at the poll results when looking at the numbers.

Out of all the members here I am sure more folks have opinions on this. Taking part in that poll is the only way to really be heard on this. If not enough people vote and/or it is split down the middle then nothing will be done. We HAVE to assume others are apathetic or just do not want it.

So please vote. Let us know your thoughts. This is YOUR chance. On this site we staff WILL listen to you. But we can only listen if you folks make some noise. If you don't then please don't tell us that we don't listen!

White Fox