A Tribute to Fur Fashion Guide Web Site

White Fox

Folks, as mentioned in another spot, I believe that we need a place of positive thoughts in tribute to the old FFG site. We don't know for sure why it left us. We don't know for sure if it is gone forever. We do know that it was the real internet home of many people who are now on this site.

I hope all of you will think of posting messages of tribute to the site. Memories. Things you loved about it.

***Please avoid negative thoughts now on this thread. This is the place for good thoughts and not bad.

White Fox

I only briefly knew FFG, but I can see it was a huge meeting place for all fur lovers. It boasted some of the best fur galleries I've ever seen, and I made a few good friends while on there. Such a shame things turned out the way they did

I was active on and off on FFG over the past two years. It was frustrating a lot of the time (especially with the way women were treated). I also have fond memories. I made a lot of friends and had some great conversations. It was wonderful to have a community online when I was the only fur wearer in my local area.

Despite all of the turbulence I'm trying to walk away from FFG with a positive experience.

-Foxy

i loved to visit ffg every day politics aside was great links to some the sexciest videos of fur i have ever seen or links to the best fur pictures have ever seen Will be like losing an old friend but have found a new friend so all things happen for a purpose thanks ffg for many hours of furry pleasure And foxy sorry way as a female you were treated

You say this place and FFG Down thread in particular as a place of healing for the abandoned FFG members. Somewhere they can say the things they liked about FFG or hated without being censured or banned. Somewhere they can get closure they were denied at the other forum, somewhere they can mourn. And what do you do? You lock the thread and deny them a voice.

That's what I like about this place. Give with one hand, take back with the other. Two sets of wavering standards a bit like a benign FFG really.

I do find it rather insidious that 2dye4 is allowed to lurk amongst us, safe in the protection of the Admin and a fresh id. He left a lot of angry people behind who want answers. He may not be totally responsible for what happened but he made great contributions towards it. He says it was for the good of the site, well I say the Nurenburg defence didn't wash then and doesn't wash now, and he is responsible for the creation of the FFG Down thread and other vocal outbursts. This his his chance to come clean, give the folk some closure that you as an Admin have just taken from them by locking the thread and trying to divert attention away. Then he can go his merry way under his new anonymity and be left in peace so he can have his second chance.

Then the matter can be finally laid to rest.

Well put,i agree 100%.

Please note that he did not ask to "Lurk". He mentioned he might want to post under his old ID.

Also, if members still wish to post other types of comments than the positive ones mentioned here on this thread there is nothing to stop them from doing so on another thread.

No one is banned here for what they did on another site.

White Fox, it really seems to me that not many people have a whole lot of positive things to say about FFG, especially after it ended the way it did. 2DYE4's final post was the final nail in the coffin. FFG may have had some good moments, but it ended up a mess, and that is what most people will remember it as. I'm sorry.

On topic, a positive post: the galleries were very well organized and nice. It's appropriate that they are all that remain now.

White Fox, it really seems to me that not many people have a whole lot of positive things to say about FFG, especially after it ended the way it did. 2DYE4's final post was the final nail in the coffin. FFG may have had some good moments, but it ended up a mess, and that is what most people will remember it as. I'm sorry.

On topic, a positive post: the galleries were very well organized and nice. It's appropriate that they are all that remain now.

I think the purpose of this exercise is to celebrate the good parts and move on from the bad parts. I'm just as upset as everyone else about how things were managed at FFG over the past year. I just don't see any point in harboring sentiments that will only bring continued pain. Feel, heal, move on.

FFG was always the first place I went to when I opened my browser, I will miss it.

Regardless of anything else that has been said. I wish all the people involved in the running of the site a happy future, and of course to thank them for keeping the site running all these years.

It's a shame that it came to a close under a cloud, I just hope that we can all just appreciate the contribution the site made to the fur loving community.

Coyote.

You say this place and FFG Down thread in particular as a place of healing for the abandoned FFG members. Somewhere they can say the things they liked about FFG or hated without being censured or banned. Somewhere they can get closure they were denied at the other forum, somewhere they can mourn. And what do you do? You lock the thread and deny them a voice.

That's what I like about this place. Give with one hand, take back with the other. Two sets of wavering standards a bit like a benign FFG really.

I do find it rather insidious that 2dye4 is allowed to lurk amongst us, safe in the protection of the Admin and a fresh id. He left a lot of angry people behind who want answers. He may not be totally responsible for what happened but he made great contributions towards it. He says it was for the good of the site, well I say the Nurenburg defence didn't wash then and doesn't wash now, and he is responsible for the creation of the FFG Down thread and other vocal outbursts. This his his chance to come clean, give the folk some closure that you as an Admin have just taken from them by locking the thread and trying to divert attention away. Then he can go his merry way under his new anonymity and be left in peace so he can have his second chance.

Then the matter can be finally laid to rest.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

FFG was an awesome site. It was my "go to" site every day. A legendary production. The mods were always fair and good-spirited. I hope it comes back but will be a participant here now. I see I last logged in in 2007. HAH

I suppose it looks like the FFG has now gone like the rest of the groups and forums but i used to enjoy the chat and my friends on the site and the galleries all now gone never to return.

All...

One of our members sent me a fantastic and well thought out proposal in regards to what I guess we could call the locked negative thread about the Fashion Forum. I was VERY impressed with his idea.

It is as follows though the wording is not exactly the same...

1. That we keep this thread for positive posts and we hope that members use it. (This is of course NOT a DEMAND in any way!)

2. That we re-open the other negative thread for a short period of time.

3. After a period of time we lock it again.

4. At that time we give members the choice. We can leave it? Or we can delete it symbolically somewhat imitating the way some cultures actually burn messages so they can go into the sky for ever.

***I was extremely impressed with this idea. And I stress that it was one by a former member of the Fashion Forum. Not a staff member here or there. etc.

On this basis, I am unlocking that thread again. I don't know if I was wrong or right to lock it. But I will certainly admit that comments proved that I needed to at least rethink the idea. And I always love it when members make such helpful suggestions.

This message is being repeated on that thread.

Again, I still hope to see more positive messages here as I think there is a lot more "Healing" form them than the negative ones but that is only my idea I will admit. But I do really like the posts by Foxy, Snake, and others.

White Fox

On a positive side if ffg i notice alot more people contributed to the site as here very few post and react which is sad i hopin again that we get more people posting and may i suggest Anyone that has ways to contact anyone from ffg that we have not seen here yet they let them know about this site and the warm welcome we have received here aand that we can make this as just an awesome site ffg was and even better with better moderators here

To my old friend White Fox, so sorry to see you've inherited a distasteful issue. You and your staff are class act and I hope the atmosphere here will rub off on the newer members and help all move forward. To the newer members: "time heals all wounds and also wounds all heels". Kind of comforting!

Hey all, I was on FFG for the last few years, and while my knowledge of the last few months' events is limited, I had a good time there. Met a lot of people, had a lot of fun, and for once felt normal in my interest in furs. Honestly I'm sad to see it go; it was home for a long while.

I would like to thank White Fox and the other Moderators (Congratulations on your promotion Punisherthunder!) for making me (and everyone from FFG) feel so welcome here.

But I must apologise too! Now this forum has gained a big inrush of members, your job is about to get much busier! hehe

But with the apparent higher level of respect both ways, I'm sure that it will be something that you are glad to be facing.

Now, the first site I visit whenever I open my web browser, is the Fur Den. I know that I'll be happy here.

Thank you.

It was a good site. I'll say that a site doesn't just go down because of one moderator. I'm sure there were problems right to the top. Maybe we all feel we 'deserve' answers as to what those problems were, but really it's not our business. I can empathize more if you donated to FFG. But I don't think begrudging the FFG mods really serves much purpose.

TotalFUR raises a good point about solidarity. I think a lot of us had our fur interest validated when we joined FFG. For better or worse it was a proverbial neon sign for fur enthusiasts who didn't have a home.

Hey all, I was on FFG for the last few years, and while my knowledge of the last few months' events is limited, I had a good time there. Met a lot of people, had a lot of fun, and for once felt normal in my interest in furs. Honestly I'm sad to see it go; it was home for a long while.

I have to agree as well. Was nice to meet so many likeminded people over the years and see all those lovely pictures and videos!