i want to know what favorite kind of fur eveyone loves

FeliciaFox

As seems to be the majority here, I love all kinds of fur as long as it's soft. I also agree that a big thick fox is probably my favorite.

From my experiences both personal and having worked in a retail fur store, there are a couple of things I have noticed regarding peoples fur preferences.

1) Both men and women tend to really like the look of longer haired furs (fox, coyote) on the opposite sex. However many women refuse to consider a fox or similar fur for themselves because they mistakenly think it will make them look fat.

2) Women in general like the feel (texture) of sheared or plucked furs (sheared beaver, sheared mink, sheared fur seal) especially for fur slippers.

3) Many people are reluctant to buy fur (other than an accessory) because of the cost. If they would only consider a fur purchase as an investment in elegance and cold weather comfort rather than an expense, possibly fewer furriers would be going bankrupt.

Many people are reluctant to buy fur (other than an accessory) because of the cost. If they would only consider a fur purchase as an investment in elegance and cold weather comfort rather than an expense, possibly fewer furriers would be going bankrupt.

When I bought a fur coat for my wife, this was exactly her concern. She didn't want to wear it because she was afraid it was too expensive.

One evening, shortly after we brought the coat home, we were going out to dinner and it was really cold outside. (-15º F) I asked her to wear her new coat.

Since (A) We were going some place "nice." and (B) It was cold outside, she agreed to wear it.

We got her all bundled up with her long coat, headband, rabbit fur scarf and fur-trimmed gloves then headed outside. She got about three steps past the door and she stopped in her tracks. She looked around and I asked her, "What's wrong?" She smiled and said, "Nothing! It's fifteen below zero and I don't even know it's winter!"

My wife is one of those girls who gets cold really easily. Most girls get cold quickly but she is extra sensitive to cold weather. For the first time since I have known her, she was warm in the winter!

Now it's her favorite coat! (And mine too! )

She even wears it when she goes to the grocery store!

I'm a sucker for chinchilla! So soft and light. I know it is not pracical, but some day I would like a chinchilla something...probably won't be able to afford a jacket (wouldn't want a coat, too ostentacious...yeah I know redundant).

Blue fox. LONG, THICK, SOFT. Need I say more. You can sink your hand or face or whatever into that fur.

SOFT mink. Many minks seem to be bristly. I'v felt soft mink and it is WONDERFUL!

Sheared furs are great! Especially beaver. I haven't felt sheared mink. Sheared furs look clean, and one can have them close-fitting.

I do like coyote. Something about the color as well as the fullness (crystal fox too).

Ther are definitely others, but I'll go with this list.

CIAO!

PS I know the drawbacks with chinchilla and blue fox and they are duly acknowledged, but the question was "favorite fur".

PPS Sorry about the typos in my orignial response...poor proof reading

• 1 month later...

Well right now for me it's Orylag Orylag Orylag.......OMG Orylag Love it! Much better than chinchilla IMO. Cause it's denser and actually silkier. Plus it's more durable than chinchilla. Currently just picked up a blanket made from Orylag. Would love to get a jacket sometime soon.

Other furs I like are mouton, sheared beaver or mink, and rex.

Don't have any sable but would be a sucker for it, if I could afford it. I think it's the most beautiful looking out of all furs and of course it's softness is one of a kind.

• 1 month later...

I like mink, white fox, coyote, wolf, raccooon,rabbit.....it depends on the temperature and location. For work I like (short or 3/4) mink coats, mink can go for a big range of temperatures from 45° to -20°; my rabbit furs are for the temperatures 45-50°; my fox & coyote (short) coats always have to wait for the weather under 20°. I have worn a fox or coyote short coat for hiking in the snow around 10-15°(with a fox or coyote hat), was very comfortable. For my dear long coyote, wolf coats, they have to wait for the temperature below 10/15°. For riding motorcycle, I wear raccoon riding jacket in the 50°s.