Victoria Beckham - Real or Fake - Statement?

itsend

Victoria Beckham - Real or Fake?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Victoria Beckham - Real or Fake?

• Real
    • Fake

you have got to be kidding. i have not seen anything fake on her back. ever.

and that is as real of a fox tail as you could get.

the only reason she might ever say it is fake is to avoid the hassle from the stupid press who couldn't tell the difference if their life depended on it.

can anyone post a pic of her wearing something undeniably fake fur? please do if you can find it.

No doubt about it being real Red Fox.

Shows most folk's total lack of knowledge of real fur.

I have a Carhart hoodie lined with Blacklama very real Mink and most think at first it's fake

Lot of reasons for that I suppose but I always make sur ethey know it's real.

OFF

Many tabloids referred to the following jacket on Victoria Beckham as being faux fur, and apparently, this line was fed to them by VB's publicists, but I think it is real red fox:

http://www.fashionising.com/clothing/b--Victoria-Beckham-avoids-PETA-wears-faux-fur-1528.html

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/01/22/victoria-beckham-faux-fur/

only a complete moron would think that the red fox she is wearing is fake. but hey, most of the people who would have an issue with it are more than slightly moronic

only a complete moron would think that the red fox she is wearing is fake. but hey, most of the people who would have an issue with it are more than slightly moronic

Well said, furcoatman!

By the way, in my experience, when you are wearing fur and people approach you in a criticizing way and ask about your fur, the second easiest way to get rid of such nuisances is to say that it is fake. That seems to cool down their misplaced conscience to an agreeable civilized level. The easiest way is to tell them that it is vintage, that you inherited it from your late mother or father, and wearing that fur helps you keep their memory alive.

My God I must have had a lot of parents!

Sorry Samurman. I just could not resist! The Devil made me do it!

W

Well, maybe you inherited some of those furs from your late Aunt Theresa, Uncle Bob, or even your dear Granny Victoria! Oh, the good old ties of extended families, and the dusty memories of cupboards and wardrobes full of vintage furs...

One more thing and it deserves a separate post: when I saw the topic title and the poll heading, without ever looking into the attached photos in the first post, I was confused: is the poll question referring to VB or to her furs?

My preferred answer would be "She is totally fake, whenever she poses she is always acting into the camera, but her furs are sure real!"

Someone has to take an opposing view and I'll be the furst to jump on the 'fake' bandwagon. This is one of those furs that just looks way to perfect to me.

FLinFL

...trust me, I'd be even more happy to be totally wrong on this one!

it looks too perfect so it's fake?!? uh................no.

there has never been and will NEVER be a fake fur that looks that beautiful.

and you can take that to the bank. sometimes it's awfully lonely on the bandwagon and this is one of those times.

there has never been and will NEVER be a fake fur that looks that beautiful.

and you can take that to the bank

There is no man made fiber that can equal God's handy work!

The main reason is because real hair has a rough cuticle covering the surface that, when viewed under a microscope, resembles fish scales. Man made fibers can not reproduce that scaly cuticle.

See the following image below:

th_fibers.gif

(Clickable.)

Note the difference between the four animal hair samples on the left. You can compare them to the silk, linen and cotton samples. You can see that even these natural fibers have a surface texture to them. But, when compared to the man made polyester fiber on the far left, there is a stark contrast.

It is this microscopic surface texture which contributes to the unique tactile sensation you get when you touch fur. The man made fiber is completely smooth and has nothing to contribute to the tactile sensation when you touch it.

I don't know for sure but I am going to guess that there is also something unique about the microscopic structure of the cuticle of seal fur which gives it that "squeak" when you rub it between your fingers like furcoatman describes.

I'd like to see a microscopic image of seal fur so we can see if there is a visible reason for that effect.

I have not commented previously in this topic as I was curious to what direction the comments would take.

The best comment so far, to me at least, is:

My preferred answer would be "She is totally fake, whenever she poses she is always acting into the camera, but her furs are sure real!"

As one who works part time in a fur store, I have to agree with furcoatman, it is a very good quality *REAL* red fox tail. Most red fox tails I see are not quite as full and fluffy. but there is no doubt the tail is real.

• 4 weeks later...
A few recent pics 12-12

itsend, it's very interesting, because this fox fur bolero is the same one she wore last year, which the media called as "fake," probably after being fed as such by her publicist. Even the way she combined it into her overall outfit is the same: black all over (top, bottom, shoes, eyeglasses, and even her bag!). That's a good choice, as it provides the perfect background for the fiery red fox she is wearing on top. You don't often see VB wearing such a unique and easily identifiable piece from last year let alone last month! She must definitely be loving it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...