Furs and Leather Gloves

brandy-uk

Interesting post, Samurman. Some thoughts ...

With sable, I tend to associate suede gloves.

I tend to think of sable as very dressy and suede as more casual ... So I find this an interesting combination. I usually wear dark brown brown cashmere-lined leather gloves with my fisher coat.

Regarding the scarves, I couldn't figure out what type would go well with a fur coat. And frankly, I have not seen many fur photos with scarves, so I am thinking maybe there is a reason for that...

Most of my scarves are medium weight cashmere. My favorites are striped (charcoal with subtle, fine stripes compliments half my fur wardrobe, rich brown with subtle, fine stripes compliments the other half). I enjoy wearing well made, beautiful scarves with my furs (see comments below re: the warmth and protection they provide).

I think whether you see a scarf worn with a fur may have to do with the nature of the wearing. If you are a fashionista and want everyone to see your fab fur coat and your fab outfit, then a scarf would interfere. So I would expect most fur fashion photos (at least for women) to be sans scarf. But if you are wearing a fur for warmth, a scarf compliments the warmth of the fur. I'd say the vast majority of the men and women you see in furs in Chicago in January are wearing (often very beautiful) scarves with them.

As an aside, I think furriers generally recommend wearing a scarf with your fur to help prevent soiling the collar with make-up, perfume, body oils, etc.

Just my two cents ...

I 'do not' want to hi-hack the thread again but I at least wanted to share an addition to the gallery I made recently. It's partially related to some of the ideas that have been discussed here. I happened across some pictures of Shay Laren where she is posing in leather and fur. While she isn't wearing 'gloves' per say, I'm not savvy enough to know the actual name of what she is wearing. I made a post referrencing these additions I made as well. My only intention of sharing this here as well, is because as I said, it's partially related and of course I wanted to share..

Wow..

it is so amazing to see that fur + gloves etc etc is such a personal taste.. so many different points of view...

well here is an old photo just for FrBrGr.. who said he loves furry gloves... I have a lovely pair of furry leather gloves.. he he

normal_DSC_4774.JPG

I have also just realised that almost every picture of me .... I am taking my clothes off.....! What is wrong with me...???

kisses

brandy

xxxxx

:angle13:

well here is an old photo just for FrBrGr.. who said he loves furry gloves... I have a lovely pair of furry leather gloves.. he he

I'm lovin' it! And if I can divert my attention away from your other . . . uh, charms long enough, I'll thank you for remembering me - !

I have also just realised that almost every picture of me .... I am taking my clothes off.....! What is wrong with me...???

Uh, maybe you're in the UK (and not here) . . . ?

(What's wrong with me??!!

Well, Brandy, I suppose you could make a video of yourself putting your clothes ON but don't be surprised if guys start running them backwards!

Seriously...

You could try a video where you are trying on several different furs.

You could put one on then model it for the camera while you tell the viewer how it feels and what you like about each different fur.

It could be like Brandy is getting ready for a night on the town with her lover and she's trying to decide which fur to wear.