WOW!! You HAVE to see this!!

ReFur

Linda and all.

I have not looked just lately. However, we are very close. So I made a reference somewhere on the Den that we were stopping the canvas as we should hopefully get enough in over the next while to cover it. No more begging. Finally.

Again, thanks to all who participated. It is so great to feel that we are close to ok financially again for the next while.

White Fox

AK, where do we stand on our finances? Do we have enough yet?
We have enough to cover our renewals that come up later this year. But we are a bit short of our goal for reserve funds. I expect there may be a few more donations in the next several weeks that could meet our goal, but we can ask again later this year if that does not occur.

Worker 11811,

Yes it was.,,myself,and my crew were fighting a house fire when the roof collapse on us.Unfortunately i received the worse of the injuries.Burns on on one arm,and a real nasty shoulder injury..Starting the healing process,but i must say it's been long,and hard..

Thanx all

Scott

Wow! That must have been hard!

You know what they say:

When everybody else is running AWAY from a burning building it's the guys in the red trucks who come running INTO them!

Major PROPS for a job well done!

So, I guess you could say that, when life treats people hard, it's good to come to a place like the Fur Den where things are "soft". Eh?

Me and the Bears hope your recovery is swift!

All the best, Scott. I have a cousin who's 'on the job' with the NYCFD. Yours is one of the most dangerous jobs out there and I'm sure everyone here is thankful for and deeply appreciates the work you do.

FLinFL

Edited by Guest

I can't afford much, I'm still a university student, but every little helps as they say here in the UK (according to Tesco, one of the main supermarkets here).

People can also forget sometimes that on top of the financial costs, there is a huge amount of time that goes into running a community site and that takes some real dedication.

I'm sure White Fox will correctly me if I'm wrong, but the designation of charter sponsors was 'bestowed' amongst those who contributed during a certain time period at the beginning of our first sponsorship drive in 2006. I think one had to contribute within the first month - or something like that - to receive that 'accolade'.

FLinFL

Kostas

Man, I can't remember what I ate for lunch today and that was just an hour ago. So to remember this....... ? But I'll try.

I believe by looking at our records etc, we began donations in September of 2006. Around the first of the month. That was the time when we got the site at least close to finished to look as it does now. Gallery working, etc.

If a member donated from there until January 1st 07 as I recall they were a charter member. If that member donates any time again before January 1st 09 I believe it is, they will still get to stay a charter member. If they do not donate again in that time period they will lose that distinction. They must donate $25 or more to keep it. Normally our time period is a year. However, since donations were new there, etc., we extended it to 16 months.

If a member donates at the top level, they keep their donar status for four years. What we are affectively saying is that these people have donated at such a level that we cannot expect them to donate again soon. We recognize their donation for a four year time period. In fact, anyone donating at that top level in the first 4 months keeps that Charter Member status for four years too. You for instance are in that position. You were good enough to give us a very nice donation at the top level, and we do not expect you to donate again next year! That would not be fair. It is time for others to "Take the Rope now and run with it". (Sorry Take the Fur and run with it.) You can of course donate again if you wish, be we do not expect that.

AK is more in charge of this area. hope I have things right here, but he will probably have a few corrections. That is the basics anyhow.

Again, we would like to thank everyone who helped us out. We truly do appreciate your thoughts.

White Fox

Folks, someone gave us a $25 donation, but forgot to leave their name.

The donation was made on Feb 13th - easy to remember as it was the day before Valentine's Day.

We would like to recognize you and place your name in our sponsors area.

If you gave around that time please click our sponsorship tab and see if your name is listed. If it is not there please contact us.

We feel that it is important for us to keep such information. We would very much like to know your name and at least say Thank You as well.

White Fox.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just sent n a small $25 donation. That is all I can afford at the present time. I pick up 2 bad habbits that I cant kick. They are living indoors and eating. So that is all I can afford to give at the present time. Add to that list cleaning and maintance on my furs and the storing them on there summer vacations.

Furup

Yes indeed we do! It means so much here to be able to keep our little site going for the next while.

We do not expect anyone to kick in more than they can afford. But if you can, just a little donation will make you a real part of the heart beat of this place. And we will do our absolute best to keep that heat beating away for years to come. Thanks again so very much!

White Fox