Random thought

Kappa

During that period of time I was a street magician.

Dude! You continue to surprise me.

P.S. I thought your Friday p.m. response was thoughtful.

• 1 month later...

I do love this time year.. with the cold weather, all the fur comes out for the season. I also have to admit that I enjoy where I live. Even though it's in the city, the 4.5 acres I'm renting on has all kinds of sights to take in.

For example, I was just closing up the back porch (it's snowing pretty good right now) I got a chance to see one of my favorite furs, running through the backyard (red fox). I'm sorry if that sounds bad but that is the first thing that came to my mind as I saw it running through the snow.. am I wrong for thinking that?

I don't think so.

It's natural to think of things that are related to one another.

We know that hamburgers come from cows. Right? And, so do fur coats come from foxes.

Maybe I don't get hungry for hamburgers every time I see a cow but it's very hard to see a cow as hamburger until it is transformed into meat by the butcher. If you showed me a side of beef instead I MIGHT get hungry.

On the other hand, the fox's fur is on the outside. It is very visible.

Even though it's still wrapped around the fox it still bares a strong resemblance to the coat you are wearing.

I just think you have a mind that likes to think about the way humans transform things from one form to another.

Now... If you saw a fox running through your yard and your first thought was to run out and kill it so you could watch it die, I would want to ask you some questions about WHY you want to see the fox die.

That last part is pretty grim.. I'd agree and do the same if someone did that.. like the thread name states though, it was a random thought that I had..

I meant the word "you" in the third person (ubiquitous) sense. I did not mean to imply that you want to kill animals for the fun of it. I meant to say, "If some person wanted to kill a fox just for pleasure..."

Sorry.

Do you want another random thought?

I went to a restaurant and ordered a rack of ribs with a side of sweet potato fries and a glass of cold iced tea. The waitress said to me, "Our ribs are so tender they fall right off the bone!"

I said, "If I wanted my ribs OFF the bone I would have ordered PULLED PORK!"