Is Ricci really wearing reindeer fur

Guest freemetolovefur

I have only been associated with the fur industry for 5 years as a part-time clerk in a fur store. Although my experience is minimal compared to that of furcoatman, I totally agree with everything he said. I have seen the same situations.

F/C...

That is kind of a comment on retail in general isn't it! I've often thought in fact that it sums up why we have so few fur industry related people here. They just tend to lose that real love for it as you say.

Linda...

fantasies of endless sex and romance when you marry

God, you mean that is a fantasy? No wonder none of my girlfriends ever wanted to marry me. I would have tired them out!

W

That is so...depressing to hear. I have often thought if money was no object, my perfect job would be selling furs. That is a horrible thought that you could actually get sick of them!!!

That's not exactly true.

Think about it this way: How would you feel about your product if you owned a donut shop or a candy store?

You wouldn't HATE donuts or candy. No! In fact, it probably takes somebody who really LOVES them to make a good candy store owner. IF you didn't you just wouldn't care about the product you produce and your business would suffer accordingly.

On the other hand, as the owner of a donut shop, you wouldn't look at a plate full of donuts and want to eat them all. You'd probably pick one up, look at it and take a bite. Then after a few moments of thought and contemplation, you'd say, "Hmmm... It needs a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!"

Oh, No!! I never got sick of them. I just guess I got more picky.

It is like anything that you have around you that is plentiful. It is human nature to become less impressed.

Plus, I think furcoatman's statement of starting to associate some of the hassles of retail with the product is only natural.

Ok, that makes a bit more sense! I know "the grass is always greener" but it seems to me that working in a fur salon would be wonderful...but I am the kind of person who doesn't like to work on commission.