Is Ricci really wearing reindeer fur

Guest freemetolovefur

Reindeer is very thick and of uniform hair length as is the fur in the photo. However, I have not seen reindeer that looked like the fur in the image.

I doubt the fur is fox.

Well, if it is fox, then it is not crystal fox. It's definitely gray fox.

Tricia

Does gray fox have brown highlights? I can't remember.

Message deleted!

Vince, we have allowed you to post under a female name as long as you do not mislead members here. And, we will continue to allow it as long as you follow the rules. If you don't you will be gone in a flash.

However, the people that you have mentioned have more experience in furs than you will get in a lifetime. Maybe you identified one or two furs that they did not. And maybe you didn't. But can you tell us the intricate methods of sewing a coat together or how a coat is cleaned when it is no longer able to take the fur cleaning process? etc. etc. etc.

Vince, I advise you to think very carefully here at the moment!

Folks, people like Mailon, Furcoatman, Lynxette, Refur, - trying to think of who else have posted here - are extremely knowledgeable people when it comes to furs and we are lucky to have them here. Furcoatman and Maillon alone reflect a huge amount of experience in the fur industry. and you can trust them completely.

(This message was edited after Foxy Lady posted hers below.)

White Fox

Administrator for the Fur Den

AK, White Fox, Lynxette, ReFur, FurCoatMan & OFF are all VERY educated on fur and the identification process of such. I am POSITIVE they are not looking to make an argument; they are just politely (as is their style) spreading their years of experience. There is no need to let this turn into an "I know more than you do" cage match.

Vince,

You have been doing well and making a nice contribution to the site. Would hate to see you screw it up again.

One of the wonderful things about fur is we all continue to learn. And, some of us know more than others about certain aspects.

But, a seasoned professional like Furcoatman, Kostas and Tsarovich (sorry about spelling) Brothers, is not to be compared to the speciality knowledge that I have and you have. Yes, on a few things we know more. But, the depth and breadth of their knowledge has taken years and, in some cases, generations to develop and fine tune.

Linda

thanks for the support guys!

i never intend to start arguments, i only offer my advice when it seems to be completely clear to me.

and the long hair furs are my personal forte!

furcoatman ... I'm usually three steps behind everyone else ... I'm not familiar with your fur background/experience. Can you fill in a few blanks?

Just being my usual nosy self.

15 years of retail fur experience. can't sew em together, but i know how it works. i have been office clerk, salesperson, and manager.

plus i have been visiting furriers, and collecting furs and fur pics (as much as a little kid can) since i was 6 y.o.

Nice. I have always wanted to work in a fur salon ... Surrounded by gorgeous furs all day. Unfortunately I have never lived within decent commuting distance of one. But it remains a fantasy of mine (as well as of several other Denizens, I'm sure).

i can say it ain't what it's cracked up to be, but it has impacted my collection in a positive way. you are definitely not just dressing cute girls (and guys) in furs all day.

if you think your salesperson or salon manager is getting all that mark up you are wrong! we actually get paid pretty poorly

plus you have to sell and service some questionable pieces. i have no say in what garments i get to sell each year. some of them just don't make sense (style or price wise) and if you saw the pieces people bring in you wouldn't want to look at much less touch some of them.

the main downside is the grief you get from customers that are "never happy". you begin to associate this negativity with fur. you also get acclimated and somewhat numb to fur, so the fetish feelings get dulled down over time.

furcoatman, ..oh, so true!!

It is like everything, when you have to deal with the responsibilities and "realities" of retail, it is kind of like being very young and having fantasies of endless sex and romance when you marry.

Lust and fetish can be dulled with reality.

I agree on lack of profitability. That is why I left it and why furriers are dropping like flies.

I must admit, I miss it though.

I used to work at FAO Schwarz, the "Big" toy store from New York City.

That's where I first picked up on my fondness for Teddy Bears. Working at that store probably helped sharpen my "Bear Radar" quite a bit.

But, on the other hand, it is VERY easy to become jaded. You work around toys and kids and their snotty parents all day long. Just as the others said, you sort of stop thinking about the product in the same way the customers do. After a whole day of that, you just want to come home and be AWAY from it all!

People used to say, "You get to play with TOYS all day and get PAID for it!"

I used to just roll my eyes and say, "Yeah..."