Only in America

Foxy Lady

Furelli, wasn't that list of points bashing America created by John Cleese? I remember seeing it a while ago and it was in the form of a letter written by John Cleese.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReFur

• Foxy Lady

• Mr Barguzin

• FrBrGr

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is all this american bashing about?

Some of you are making me sick to my stomache and I only wish i could vomit all over your wherever your from assess!

Maybe its time a mod locks this thread due to the negitive racial tones that are comming forth.

just my honest opinions which i am entitled to express. no one racial group is being pointed out by me. funny that an american can't express a negative view of america right now without threats of censorship, from other americans! free indeed.

Censor people expressing their opinions?

Sorry, but this Moderator will leave that to the Australian Prime Minister and his henchmen and women. Sexist, who me?? *grin*

I wasn't trying to start a war or have people bashing my country!!!!!!!

I just wanted to make this point:

If you work hard, and work often, the pay should reflect that.

If your work is easy, and you don't work often, the pay should reflect that.

PA's minimum wage is $5.15. That's below poverty level. Time for a change.

That's all I was trying to say.

I agree with Mr B.

Although we do not allow members to attack another, we try very hard to not stop conversation. Conversation gives us the chance to learn from each other.

I know Furelli well enough that I trusted I could speak out. Furelli in no way meant to hurt me, but it did. I explained that. That does does not mean that either of us is mean or wrong. Just that a conversation occurred. I am sorry to those of you that this hurt.

As we have found in many other threads it is amazing the turns they can take. And, Foxy Lady you can not be held responsible for posts to your thread.

Linda

I find furellis & touch's posts(even if they are in humour) to be as funny as hanging a person for the colour of his skin.

Whats next a few racial slurs at the americans?

I know Eric, it hurt me too. But, I know that it was not meant that way.

I think they understand. But, we also need to understand it was not meant to hurt.

Linda

From reading it it sure looks like to me they were taking some cheap shots at us. If they think they are funny then they need to remove ther heads from there assess!

Furelli, wasn't that list of points bashing America created by John Cleese? I remember seeing it a while ago and it was in the form of a letter written by John Cleese.

Yes quite right! Sorry to say it wasn't my design - more's the pity

Paging Mr Furelli...... Mr Furelli

Please report to the gallows

NOW!!!

Eric you can always point out to the poms that their arrogance or at least that of a certain imperious ruler is what cost them your country with his highhanded manner of taxing without representation.

I guess that's why we Aussies like kicking the poms up the backside on the sporting field every chance we get... which means that we will have to suffer the indignation of these self righteous little sods coming over here in November 2006 with them holding the Ashes over our heads.

BTW, folks... what was that score in the football match between England's National team and the Socceroos?? ummmmm 3-0??

Maybe, just maybe Eric, the US should think about taking up cricket, rugby league and union in lieu of Baseball and the NFL and show the poms just how to play their games.

Edit: Then again, am very glad your lot left the Commonwealth.... means WE finish on top of the Medal Table... AND we still whip the pommies WEG

I don't think it would make any difference to us. Most of the rest of the world beat us at our own games. Afterall it was part of the heritage we left them. We expect our children to do better than their parents.

Tryxie said this

Gee Linda... is you a "soccer mum"?? *grin*

VVWEG Cause at least we in Oz now call soccer Football... not to be confused with footie... which could mean Rugby League or Union or Aussie Rules... depending on which state you are in.... and to whom you are talking *sigh* Life wasn't meant to be easy.

If any of you think you can get rid of me by bashing the us well then your damn wrong.

The US did kick the crap out of the uk in 1776 by the way!

I was not trying to offend inhabitants from either nation, just saying that the US has a stronger military force than the UK. Which would be expected as it is significantly larger in population and land terms. I suppose I said it in a rather crude way though.

Sorry if anyone took offense from it, none intended whatsoever.

Hang on a minute here.

This was started as a joke.

However it comes back again to the fact that the US values freedom of speech unless it gets at them...even in humour.

Ever heard an engishman complain about being called a limey?

Furelli and I have greater racial differences between us and the english than you can possibly ever imagine. they have opressed us for 2000 years but you dont hear us whinging.

But this is not in humour. The entire US army chased 17 Apache for 10 years and couldnt catch them.

You will be equally unsuccesful in Iraq. If it were not for the intelligence of A wily british colonel you would now have been at war with Russia over pristina airport.

So dont talk about military force when a little more common sense can save a lot of bloodshed. Thats why you have independence. And if the Native Americans hadnt fought each other you wouldnt have got west of the Misssisssipppiiiiiiii. (forget whether i s and p's and S's go )

If you believe you whooped our ass in 1776 you are gravely mistaken.

Sometimes its not worth fighting for things that dont matter.

If you think the British are racist I suggest you read some Kipling.

And furthemore the whole problem with Americans is that you have sacrificed your own cultures for gloop. We like difference not similarity.

They dont call us Londondistan for nothing.

chapati and rice

chapati and rice

everyone here likes chapati and rice.

If thats multiculturalism its no surprise that people are intolerant of seal and chips. we are as bad as you now as freedom of speech is compromised here too; and difference is frowned in because it may stop coca cola sales.

You can take the mickey out of me all you want and I wont get mad. Its called banter.

Tryxie theres nothing wrong with Phil the Greek!!! Or camilla!!!! They are what they are....vera heinz is a sinister illuminatii.

Oh and further to our posts all statues of the rebel terrorist George Washington shall be pulled down.

Edit by White... Eric, you went way over the line on this one!

Message removed.

* No that wasnt over the line..I just put a stop to racial overtones the best way sense most dont have balls.

If I go over the line trust me youll really see it if anyone provokes me wrong enough.

By the way TOS asked for it and got what he deserved.

Edited by Guest

My point is that we are not better than you but certainly no worse. But your nation is founded on revolt but you dont like it when other folks revolt.

And again its an overeaction.

Good day to you too sir.

What on earth makes you think I think I am better than you???????? 8)(is it the chanel sunglasses?)

Edited by Linda. Since the original post was deleted, my quote should be as well.

TOS,

This article that Furelli quoted to you may seem like humor. The first 16 points, some were funny, some I agree with.

But, #17 crossed the line. Right now when we both have soldiers dying, this is something that can not even begin to be humorous.

There is not a country out there that we could not quote some jerk in our media to offend and humiliate. That is not what Off-Topic is about. We come here to have fun, learn and yes banter. Not to have what we hold dear dragged through the mud.

I would take this position if a similar article was posted about another Country.

Now ...

Eric,

You cannot continue with this verbal abuse. It is crossing the line. I understand you are upset. I have no intention on locking this thread. But, you have to stop the personal attacks.

Linda

Edited by Guest