Any Transformers fans in?

Unclejoe420

Well Lord, you'll be pleased to know a sequel's already been green-lit, and TF fans are going absolutely nuts with ideas and suggestions for it (myself included)!!

What kind of story line can they come up with now? Aside from reviving other characters from the storyline.

Perhaps the one thing I could think of right now that would be amusing would be to bring back the Constructicons and some of Autobots from the same timeline.

Well, the big wish for TF fans is to bring in the Constructicons and the Dinobots. Got to admit, that would be my wish too, in addition to bringing back a few from the first movie who got bumped off...

It's already too late for some of the characters though. They already bumped off Jazz again. Some friends of mine never caught it until they went back to the torrent they watched (they're currently in Iraq). Then, they caught it and understood what I was commenting on. In both the animated movie and now this one, Jazz doesn't make it for very long for some reason. I'm starting to get the impression he's the 'red shirt wearing character' for the Transformer storyline.

Well Lord, you'll be pleased to know a sequel's already been green-lit, and TF fans are going absolutely nuts with ideas and suggestions for it (myself included)!!

What do you mean "will be"? You think I don't already know that?

BTW, did you know that since Hasbro bought Tonka a few years ago, the Gobots have actually become a subdivision of the Transformers line? So some of them could actually have cameos in the sequels.

Now, that is just sad. I will be really disappointed if they attempt to merge the two story lines. IMO, the Gobots were a 'low-buck' version of the Transformers.

I thought Bandai was the company behind Go-Bots? I mention this, as I'm collecting the GoBots Bandai descendants, called Machine Robo Mugenbine, which aren't half bad.

And on the subject of Hasrbo acquiring Tonka - Takara, who are responsible for the TFs in Japan merged with Tomy a few years ago. Tomy used to make those sets called Zoids - the robotic animals you had to build from a kit!

Now, that is just sad. I will be really disappointed if they attempt to merge the two story lines. IMO, the Gobots were a 'low-buck' version of the Transformers.

I didn't write that they should merge the storylines, especially since the movie isn't following the cartoon storylines anyway. It could just be that some of the autobots and decepticons happen to be gobots.

And yes, the gobots toys started with Bandai, the same as the Transformers started with Takara. The thing is that the branding of the those toys over here was done by Tonka and Habro respectively, so the rights to those brands are now with Hasbro.

Heheh - sorry about that, Kappa Anywho, I do hope there is a TF movie sequel with the Constructicons and Dinobots - just imagine the fights!!

That could be interesting.. after seeing how the Transformers now get their vehicular forms. How would they incorporate the dinobots?

That could be interesting.. after seeing how the Transformers now get their vehicular forms. How would they incorporate the dinobots?

The Dinobots were known for not being fast thinkers, so they could easily mistake dinosaurs as a proper form of disguise on Earth.

And the filmmakers did state that the Dinobots and Constructicons (with Devistator, since that was just a mistake in the subtitles) are being the most considered for the sequel.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, just thought I should mention that I've finally been to see the Transformers movie. And I reckon it's not half bad actually!! Granted, not exactly Oscar material, but the action was pretty cool (the opening scene featuring Blackout), and the effects were fantastic. More screen time was given to the humans than the robots, but hopegully this would be fixed if and when the sequel gets made - as I would've liked to have a few more scenes of interaction between the Decepticons. But over, Transformers was a cracking movie!