A Different World

robwsouthuk

Can anybody remember which scens or series Whitly wear her furs?

Also if you search for "Girls on top" on youtube you will find a scene from the 80's sitcom with Ruby Wax wearing s red fox coat itt's not a great scene but will do.

Thanks

Rob

I have the whole boxed set of girls on top. Tracey ullman Joan Greenwood and Jennifer Saunders wear furs in the series aswell as Ruby. The dyed pillar box red fox of Tracey Ullman is eye popping.

Can't help you with Different World; never seen it.

I did have the whole box but it went AWOL when I moved home!

I have being doing a little research on soaps etc:

In Wiki Ravens 8 mentiones a programe about a women in a wheel chair in a automated house but he can't remeber the name of the program its A.D.A.M

Also in Designing Women: the episode " Reservations for 8" features loads of fur hanging up in the background but I have yet to find one with it being worn.

Does anybody have a the clip from either "Brush Strokes" with the lady wearing a full length fox (they were playing football!) or "Birds Of a Feather" with Dorein? coming in wearing a silver fox jacket.

A little food for thought there.

Rob

I saw those thanks, I would love to see the rest of the episode of the clip I posted, That silver fox looks great!

I remember catching the episode of Whitley once, and it is a scene out on a balcony at a party where she has on a beautiful silver fox f/l coat. Very nice, but no idea what season or episode it was though, sorry.

I don't know dsigning womne...its a sitcom too?

Some of my fave US sitcoms furs I can't find anywhere on the net.

One of my fave shows was "Married with Children" . Peg wore a lot of faux's including one black one which was nice, and also Kelly wore her aunts fur when she died. Anyone got vidcaps of those? Also it would be nic to know if either Katy Sagal or Christina Applegate have worn real furs at any time.

Then there is a lady in Coach that wore a black mink with black fox sleeves sometimes.

Then There is the sexy classy mother in Dharma and Greg who wore furs sometimes and smoked too. Can't find pics of either.

Anyone help?

All,

I recall Jasmine Guy (as Whitney) wearing a fur in at least once in "A Different World" where she wears a black mink coat during an epsiode where she becomes a supply teacher. She may well have worn furs in other episodes but I never followed the show particularly.

I'd strongly recommend forking out for the "Girls On Top" DVD out now though; the three girl fox scene near the end of episode three is brief but the sort of thing you'd never see today from our leading female comedians.

Delta Burke has appeared recently in the marvellous "Boston Legal", a show which clearly has political leanings and doesn't feature fur at all as far as I have seen - strange since it's set in Boston and often in winter.

The "Birds of a Feather" episode with Lesley Joseph (as Dorien) in a silver fox chubby jacket is well known: she starts in thhe fox, falls for a animal rights protestor, is pictured protesting outside her furriers in their newspapers and then goes back to her furs at the end - splendid! I don't recall seeing her wearing other furs during the run but there is at least one scene of one of her friends wearing fur (a mink, possibly fake) in one shortish scene. Again I never really followed the show though.

As for "Married with Children" there were a few furs featured in the show, mostly on supporting characters but I'm sure I read (and maybe saw pics) of Peggy (can't recall the actress's name) and Christina Applegate in furs during epsiodes. Someone might recall those pics or clips.

For my addition to this theme: does anyone else remember the scene from "Hanging with Mr Cooper" where the gorgeous Holly Robinson Peete wore a red or golden island fox chubby jacket in a police station as the cast get arrested?

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Sadly I have never sen iit. Most US sitcoms we don't get at all; obviouly then they buy a load up cheap. I thought the Fresh Prince of Bel Air was a newish series lol!

Anyway that site may be a good source if you remember fur in particular comedies form the 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s and now. Its a sitcom pic post.

IF you find anything ther folks let us know....we will hav a section for comdies , tv etc in the wiki guide, and we need links to fur pics and uploads into the gallery to link to. Appreciated.....I would hhave to go through them all as I don't know many of the shows. There may be some furs in that new series...whas it called...Happy Days

Anyway this is the kind of pic you may find. Here is Priscilla Barnes:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/23910/cat/934

Thankyou so much you are a star,

Also does anyone remember the Only fools and horses when Del meets the Posh lady Miranda? She wore a very nice full length fur!!!

Most welcome, jus added the link to the British Sitcom site, looks like a little goldmine 100's of shows listed, am going in.... see yer on the other side

There was another "only Fools" episode when Del Boy went to Boyce's house to pick up there dog - Marlene was wearing a nice red fox coat