US troops wreak havoc London/general horror movie discussion

Guest touchofsable

Furelli,

No Italian versions. I don't think the Italians ever did movies like Body Snatchers!! At age 10 they were delightfully scary!

Watched a lot of Sci-Fi thrillers withe the vampire movies!

About the time they came out with Alien I stopped watching.

Linda

Yeah Linda. I laughed through Rosemaryy's Baby but I couldn't laugh through Alien evne though I'm a big Debora Winger fan.

What's a horror movie you can't laugh at

OFF

George Romero INVENTED the genre; every zombie prior to that was voodoo related.

As for other zombie movies, the best...Sean of the Dead and 28 days later plus a few others the zombies are metaphorical. However, on a pure horror level they do form a similar but not identical pattern; as do vampire movies. You can't say Bram Stoker's vampire raison d'etre can be dismissed because other people have made vampire/books movies can you?

So I still don't know what your point about zombies or not zombies is about...unless you are talking about p zombies.

Wow. I had NO IDEA that zombies in movies before Living Dead were based on voodoo. That's why I specifically mentioned zombies since those movies.

But what you don't get is what the zombie arguments are. Stop pretending you do. It has nothing to do with the metaphor, so shut up about that.

The argument is whether the infected people in the 28 series are really zombies, not because of the metaphors, but because of physical or causal traits, not because of what the filmmaker is trying to say.

Heresy!

Alien series is awesome! Aliens being the best one.

We need to feel fear; it is important to us, as all animals. Otherwise we don't run when we need to: it is a "motivator" like hunger and being horny.

Wow that list is something Furelli!

Lord that is the p zombie argument and I am not getting into it its silly (are they dead or not dead; if they are not dead then they are not zombies etc....you were right; that is for geeks) The point about zombies before Romero is they were controlled as slaves; so don't enter into the philosophical zombie argument. The infected we can say are zombies as they have no intelligence; not because they are dead. But to me its like saying that Romero's zombies aren't zombies because they aren't controlled by a Haitian witchdoctor ffs.

still up as well tos? that's only the english speaking list an all, can add about another 200 "foreign title films" to that lot if need be...! jus shows that vampire films are most sexed of the horror genre!!!

Well enjoy my story in the fetish forum; I have made my own "infection" vampire metaphor lol! But succumbing to something; especially something illicit; evil; wicked...is always going to be sexy because we try to resist it. The vampire is of course a metaphor for succumbing to wickedness sexually. What makes me laugh is thes Goth kids who think its about drinking blood lol!

The Hunger with Catherine Deneuve and Bowie was my favourite....the opening ten minutes with Bauhaus doing Bela Lugosi's dead is awesome; interspersed with the pair ....using smoking as a seductive tool incidentally....choose , seduce and kill their victims with a monkey going beserk interspersed too. F***** awesome song to shag to btw. I agree; very sexy....we need more fur wearing vampires.....and they should smoke too as they can't die lol!

BTW have you seen Lana Cox's vampire? She is in a dark bobbed wig; awesome.

yes i'll be too sure to read yer near miss "story" The Hunger, yes a quality vampire film, has all the elements, personnel fav for me IS , allbeit understated is "Near Dark"!

lol its all my near misses, some of my conquests, and a bit of errrr...observation. Hell I have known some pervy women in my time lol!

I go for the "dark" ones lol! And I like the way they can seduce others with their lifetsyle....kind of corruption as liberation.

Yep Near Dark is awesome too.

How ya doing Linda? Hope we ain't scaring you lol!

DON'T read the story!

Miss Theresa can read chapter six; she will like it

I have the flick shortlisted for yer Tos!

Vampyros lesbos (1971) - german film, so pretty sure it's this one plus the title is a bit of a giveaway Eh?

Vampyres (1974) - this also comes highly recommended

Frisson des vampires, Le (1971) - one of a series of films by French director Jean Rollin, whose film genre consisted of vampyres mostly twin sisters with lesbian tendancies coupled with gothic horror! Top fellah in my book!

for fur scenes you also have

Rabid (1977) Marilyn Chambers wears fur throughout (Dir David Cronenberg)

Nosferatu: The Vampire (1979) sees Isabelle Adjani (?) in fl silver fox & Sable

Fright Night I or II - Has a vampyre swathed in Mink

I'll drop yer a pm if I recollect anymore if yer like

yes some & yes they probably would Tos but as you well know such complex tasks are beyond my simple comprehension, vidcaps? what are they ol bean? patience dear boy, you know I haven't a pot to pish in at the mo'

Well if people can play movies on their computer, or can freeze frame the dvd or video and just take a pic with a camera even.