wearing fur in London

softouchfurs

Well, I am living in London and my wife always wears her furs, including her Silverfox Coat and Blue Fox Coat as well as her White Mink and Brown Mink Coat and I must say, that we have never had a problem and that even in the Supermarket, while wearing a full length Silverfox.

The only comments, so far, have been complimentary. I actually believe that a lot of people have just lost interest in the issue, except for the media and some die hard animal rights activists and groups.

yes london is a lot more fur tolerant than much of the country.

But the media folk devil/moral panic about fur kicks in in hicksville places

where people can have a parochial attitude. Having said that, there are still plenty of places to go where you will never get trouble.

I was in London today on business and boy was it cold I saw some amazing and some not so amazing furs, I only had the opportunity to comment on one coat and it was received warmly, I am like the rest of you frustrated with broad brush statements from journalists who don't understand and it gets them easy column inches, it wasn't column inches I got today much more enjoyable, anyway on the train back north and looking forward to a cold cold Christmas without you (journalists that is) have posted a couple of new pics in the gallery that should warm some peoples hearts, enjoy

I should say that most times when I go out here I only get good compliments... like last night two separate ladies commented on the black fox stroller I wore. Nice to hear again after a few days of antis being nasty. So, it isn't usually negativity that I run into in dayton, but the holidays seems to bring out all the "friendly" people in the world to do their business in a few heavily populated spots.

yes it is the season of the politics of envy .

it gets worse after christmas if they think you got something better than them. It isn't just fur.

It can be just ordering champagne in a restaurant or having a gucci bag.

It sjust envy...the dirty looks come. Fur gives them an excuse to comment, thats all.

There was a lady in the queue in the bank yesterday and these two other women commented just behind me....they said it was "bloody cruel". She was out of earshot, but I turned around and said

"who are you...the f***** morality police? You are wearing leather for goodness sake iits the same thing!"

They went very red and very quiet.

Right on ToS!

I find it so annoying when a someone is such a hypocrite.

Fur and Leather are the same basic thing, and people who wear one have no right to decry someone wearing the other.

Keep up the good fight!

Kate

I think despite petas efforts people still wear fur in london a month ago near st martins i saw a golden sable then a couple of minks and foxes i think because of the law of criminal damage is why you do not see the paint any more.