Music

s1m17

Thats a fine answer...the question was merely framed as a guide.

You think Green day are comparable with the Buzzcocks live?

Harmony in my Head has angst on a searing melody that just blows away anything. Utterly soul touching and passionate live. Its simple but intensely moving without any pretension. However, since I wouldnt even go to see Green Day if they were playing at the bottom of the garden I had better shut up because just because I cant imagine something doesnt mean its not so.

I think Massive Attack are pretty gloomy and depressing but live they are a different kettle of fish, so yes performance can be important particularly with mood.

Best live band I have seen recently was "The Human League" who I just thought would be a laugh but actually were awesome live. So point taken

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• s1m17

• Unclejoe420

• Fox

• allfurme

Thats a fine answer...the question was merely framed as a guide.

You think Green day are comparable with the Buzzcocks live?

Was jus trying to illustrate that for some (me anyways) it's all about energy & whay you get from a Live band - sitting & listening to music doesn't quite do it sometimes! & as for lyrics - there jus there for the melodies really - jus ask Shane Mc Gowan

& NO Green Day aren't comparable to Buzzcocks live. Like I said Green Day was like watching a Show, it was rehearsed, polished & a professional peformance in truth which would normally go right against the grain for me BUT it was a fantastic experience. All older bands of their genre would be turning in their grave as they survived purely on their rawness & energy generated from the crowd - with them you never knew what you were going to get - which is what made it exciting!!! I've seen the Pogues remember - Shane wasn't always there in mind, bless

Can't we just ban All Amercian music apart from Buffy st marie now we have the rebellious filth back under British control?

Sarcasm lampooning our own colonial attitude^ . Can you imagine me, a redcoat???

• 2 weeks later...

"As I was going over the Cork and Kerry mountains

I saw Captain Farrell and his money he was a countin'

I first produced my pistol and then produced my rapier

I said "stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya".

Rapier and take ya. Respect. Whiskey in The Jar...O

Evocative. I have been there, the Cork and Kerry mountains, on a foggy evening and can imagine it. Redcoat and Irish highwayman.

Of course they didnt write it, but I saw Metallica's version for the first time tonight. Awesome video, and sung with real passion. Gorgeous girls...heroin chic types. And really "shocking" for all the smoking in it and fantastically refreshing. Pink fur coat too.

Metallica? Whats happening to me?? AGHHHHHH is it a mid life crisis? I think not. I think its just sung by them really, really beautifully, and passionately. The girls made it even more watchable. Powerful, powerful, sinful stuff.

Makes Green Day look like Mormon choir boys complaining about the bread and water at sacrement not being shared out properly......

Incidentally, didnt metallica used to wear fur? Also wasnt there quite a lot of fur in some of those heavy metal videos? Lots of blue fox I remember in many. Anyone remember which?

Also, has anyone notice that theres a fair bit of fur flying around The Darkness' videos?

I could never understand how come the metallers got all the thigh booted fur wearing blondes. Now I think I am beginning to get it. Well, they wouldnt go for Green day would they?

Diving for cover

I then started thinking about the band "Leningrad cowboys go America".

I vaguely remember there being some fur associated with them in a video or something.

So I checked them and there was a movie??????

www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews7/lennigradcowboys.htm

So did the two lovely girls in the band get to wear fur too?

Then there were Hanoi Rocks:

www.hanoirocks.info/biography/

Wholesome fur wearing lads. Again I remember some fur rock chicks around them.

TouchofSable.

I can remember John Peel playing the original folk version of Whiskey in the Jar (or did the record label say Whisky; i think it did). It was 1973 and i was sat in the bath. I was 18 years old and probably getting ready to go out and get p*ss*d. I did a lot of that when i was a teenager; happy days!

I'm afraid that if we banned all American music, we'd be left with nothing but the latest UK flavor of the month band, like the Arctic Monkeys!

FLinFL

Yes. I officially apologise on behalf of the British people for the Arctic Monkeys ....and Paul McCartney while I am here. Sincerely.

I then started thinking about the band "Leningrad cowboys go America".

I vaguely remember there being some fur associated with them in a video or something.

So I checked them and there was a movie??????

www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews7/lennigradcowboys.htm

So did the two lovely girls in the band get to wear fur too?

Sorry BUT more's the pity NO - they mostly got to go naked!!!!

Classic Film though

• 2 weeks later...

My Favorite Bands

Aerosmith

Type O Negative

Static X

Guano Apes

Pearl Jam

Seal

Metallica

The Crystal Method

Motorhead

Murray Head

Guns And Roses

H.I.M

CKY

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Interstin choices Mr lynx...i like a few of those too.

massive Attck are great love but wouldnt listen to them in the house as I would be suicidal.