Can boys wear fur coat in ur opinion

Teenfurlover

3 hours ago, WinnipegFur said:

Just had a wonderful walk in full length long haired lynx around the pond at the park... the coat is roomy too, so I even had a coyote vest under to take up some space as well as the white knit fox hat...

It wasnt as cold as I was expecting, but was comfortable... not hot, but a little warmer than I would have liked... a little breeze, so it was nice to watch all that super long lynx fur get blown around... 

Lots of people running... funny as I walked back to the car there were 3 women who were running and 3 guys.. I guess they all knew one another.. one girl couldnt keep her eyes off the coat, but no one said a thing.. the one girl even watched me drive away haha  She only looked to be in her early 30s max so probably has never seen a coat like that before in person!

I wish I had been wearing that lynx more this year... it is very light weight.. and seeing the fur being whipped around in that light wind was very nice... 

Still another week of cold night it seems, so hopefully can get out for a few more walks... maybe get some 30-50kmh wind in there as well to add to the "excitement" 

that sounds awesome

Personally I don't think so, I find it makes a man look more effeminate. That's why I prefer not to wear it and why I find women so much more attractive wearing it.

12 hours ago, blowmybagpipes2 said:

Personally I don't think so, I find it makes a man look more effeminate. That's why I prefer not to wear it and why I find women so much more attractive wearing it.

Completely disagree.  

14 hours ago, blowmybagpipes2 said:

This comment doesnt help. All clothing can be worn by all humans. Obviously if u dont like top then that is your choice but it is odd u are on a fur forum if u feel like that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 10:59 AM, Teenfurlover said:

U got the same issue as me?

If the issue is afraid to wear fur in public and people close to you think its weird then  YES!!!!!!!!!  but way, way in the past. Was not as big of a deal as I feared. Still wearing fur!     Look at the encouragement you received from  all the wonderful people who shared their  experiences with you. You are not alone.  Again , Thank You, Nice to see young people appreciate the beauty of fur! 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 11:27 AM, blakeymikey said:

This comment doesnt help. All clothing can be worn by all humans. Obviously if u dont like top then that is your choice but it is odd u are on a fur forum if u feel like that. 

Doesn't help what? The OP asked for my opinion on it. I personally don't like to wear it, I don't have any criticism for others who do, it's just my personal style and taste. I don't have to fit your stereotypes to like fur, enjoy the sight of women wearing fur, or be a part of this forum. If anything, I think it's odd that you feel I should conform to some ideal that you have to enjoy fur myself.

Edited by blowmybagpipes2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dongleboy said:

Completely disagree.  

Ok, that's fine. I think it's healthy that everyone can have their own opinions. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing.

I'm ok with it as long as he dresses appropriately...in..addition with his fur coat if it's cold where he is...

It all depends on the lads self confidence.. a discreet bit of fur isn’t going to draw any attention, but going out looking like liberace certainly will. It could look like attention seeking. 
my advice is to stay low key., have the fur as a lining & collar, i have a couple of mink lined leather jackets & no one ever gives it a second glance. 

Yeah u can go low profile first and build it up as u feel more confident

On 3/25/2024 at 11:20 AM, blakeymikey said:

Yeah u can go low profile first and build it up as u feel more confident

I'll take your silence to my reply that you agree with my assessment that I can have my own opinion on the matter and that you were mistaken for being critical of my personal choice not to wear fur and why I choose not to. Thanks for being so understanding and considerate! :classic_smile:

Low key to begin with is good.. like I said in an earlier post, I find raccoon and beaver draw much less attention than obviously a lynx will... coyote draws attention, I think its just the length and coloring of the fur.. funny cause Id consider coyote/wolf to actually be more of a masculin fur myself, but I get more looks wearing my wolf parka then I do wearing a FL raccoon coat and hat... go figure...

I don't get the discussion. Of course there are more feminine and more masculine furs, as well as outfits/combinations, as well as people. And of course everybody is free to do as he likes. So just wear what you like to wear.

@Teenfurlover Maybe make a day trip to another city/suburb and begin to wear your coat there. It's end of march, but maybe you'll catch another cold day.

Regarding your coat, I'm not sure how it looks in person. Is it silver fox? In grey? No collar? Short, with 5 stripes of fur? On the picture it looks to me as it's a more feminine coat, but I could be wrong. Maybe your hesitation and the comments of your family stem from here. That said, you can have fun wearing feminine clothing (it's just a jacket and not a skirt nor high heels). And most importantly, masculinity vs. feminity is not all that matters.

And you can combine it, such that the overall look suits you. Maybe a dark blue jeans, a white shirt, brown leather boots and black leather gloves? I guess the shoes are most important to guide the style in that case.

I don't know about your budget (mine was tight at your age), but maybe you can look for a (used) coat you're really comfortable with during summer.

In general, you have the perfect age to wear fur! The early twenties are the time of your life when you can experiment and have fun. Remember that interesting people tend to get acquainted to interesting people—and a fur coat makes you interesting. I wish, I would have worn fur back then. So, just do it!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 5:05 PM, blowmybagpipes2 said:

I understand, As a male I seen my love for fur as a threat to my masculinity . I could never wear a fur coat or even admit I liked them though the desire  burned deep within me. I felt security and pleasure seeing furs worn by women. I found it extremely sexy, powerful and attractive. (Still Do!) I watched others enjoy what I wanted to experience. My problem was depriving myself for fear of how I might be perceived, perhaps the true threat to my masculinity.    In my own good time I embraced the furs as they give me a deep sensual warmth worth  more than just a sexual connotation.  We all find our own path in our own good time. Enjoy the journey.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2024 at 1:53 PM, shyfurwriter said:

I understand, As a male I seen my love for fur as a threat to my masculinity . I could never wear a fur coat or even admit I liked them though the desire  burned deep within me. I felt security and pleasure seeing furs worn by women. I found it extremely sexy, powerful and attractive. (Still Do!) I watched others enjoy what I wanted to experience. My problem was depriving myself for fear of how I might be perceived, perhaps the true threat to my masculinity.    In my own good time I embraced the furs as they give me a deep sensual warmth worth  more than just a sexual connotation.  We all find our own path in our own good time. Enjoy the journey.

I understand. It's just not something I would enjoy wearing, and I never will. If you do, more power to you. I don't have any desire to experience wearing it, nor do I feel like I would get any sort of satisfaction from wearing it, and I feel perfectly happy with that. For me, it's a clothing item that I've fetishized in preferring to see worn on a partner of the opposite sex that I'm attracted to (i.e. women), and I prefer that boundary very much so.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 8:23 PM, WinnipegFur said:

EXACTLY....  you know whats funny... anyone who is nervous / scared/ worried about wearing your fur outside... you are worried about a piece of clothing... think about it.. you are getting worked up about a piece of clothing...

Great point! And I don't even think those girls who love furs and wears furs outside would be worried about their fur parkas and jackets, meanwhile, we men sometimes are still afraid of others perception when we are wearing furs outside...

On 3/23/2024 at 8:23 PM, WinnipegFur said:

Maybe its just easier for me here being -22 with the windchill or colder from November to March, and fur was the norm here many years ago... yes, I even get an evil glance sometimes.. I also find it does depend on what type of fur I am wearing... 

I believe cold weather and culture play key roles in your place (Canada? coz I saw your username "Winnipeg"🤔), which wearing furs is normal, or a must in during winter. Back to Hong Kong, where I live in, you could still spot some nice fur parkas with huge fox/raccoon fur collars, or maybe a short fox/rabbit fur jackets sometimes during winter, but people here tends to be anti-furs and mostly, our temperature seldom drops to below 10°C, even does, it would last for around a week or two only...So not much time and chance to put on any fur-related clothing at all...

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 8:56 AM, Jonasfoxluvr said:

Great point! And I don't even think those girls who love furs and wears furs outside would be worried about their fur parkas and jackets, meanwhile, we men sometimes are still afraid of others perception when we are wearing furs outside...

I believe cold weather and culture play key roles in your place (Canada? coz I saw your username "Winnipeg"🤔), which wearing furs is normal, or a must in during winter. Back to Hong Kong, where I live in, you could still spot some nice fur parkas with huge fox/raccoon fur collars, or maybe a short fox/rabbit fur jackets sometimes during winter, but people here tends to be anti-furs and mostly, our temperature seldom drops to below 10°C, even does, it would last for around a week or two only...So not much time and chance to put on any fur-related clothing at all...

Yes, Im in Canada... typically Winnipeg is a freezer all winter where -20 highs and -35 lows before the windchill are quite common... so going out in a fur coat would not even seem odd here.. but surprisingly you just don't see any... or maybe Im just in all the wrong places... in the past 2 years I can honestly say Ive seen a dozen coats? And nothing really grabs my attention as a wow Id love to be wearing that.. just lots of older vintage muskrat, minks from the 70s.. saw one modern syle beaver jacket last year, and a full length black mink this year, but thats really about it... 

I think certain parts of Canada are more, lets call it tolerant of people wearing fur.. for example Montreal and Quebec City seem very fur friendly.. out west there isn't much anymore.. I know Vancouver seems pretty anti fur, and the Banff area seemed to be as well... gone are the the days of those ski resort images of everyone apres ski bundled up in full length fur coats and hats...  I just enjoy my quiet peaceful walks in the park where you don't need to deal with the hassles of what other people think... and when I do go in anywhere like Ive said, no one ever says anything anyways...  That did take me a while to get out of my head, but the more you just go, walk around, and mind your own business, you just start realizing no one really cares... when its -40 with the windchill thats when I find its the best to be out there!

• Like 2

TeenFurLover......go out in your furs and be happy...forget what haters think...thier jealous.......

44 minutes ago, paul2809 said:

TeenFurLover......go out in your furs and be happy...forget what haters think...thier jealous.......

Yeh. I am just scared in general to wear it out

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 8:53 AM, shyfurwriter said:

I could not agree more