Can boys wear fur coat in ur opinion

Teenfurlover

I am a boy and 19 years old and have a love for fur coats. i have a 5 row fur coat like this one. is this weird? i do love wearing it though but family find it wierd. what's your guy opinions on it?

Picture 19 of 34

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FurLover97 said:

Feel free to wear what you like

i am just scared to wear it in public

Wear it like a normale jacket, if you dont feel confident with yourself, wait better time. But try to be yourself

• Like 1

Its fine. Be urself. If ur family think its weird then that there problem. Also i would say to them where does it say men cant wear fur. 

• Like 1

First let me say THANK YOU! I find it hopeful that some young people like fur.   To expand on the above comments I think you have a wonderful opportunity to take the time to learn about yourself.  Perhaps you can make a private world where only you enter to explore not just fur but anything you want. Share only what you are comfortable with as you build confidence. Have some fun and don't take yourself or others to seriously. Next put this in  perspective. You love fur coats.  Transform your fear of wearing fur in public to empathy and kindness for others who may struggle with identity or acceptance. more latter  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blakeymikey said:

Its fine. Be urself. If ur family think its weird then that there problem. Also i would say to them where does it say men cant wear fur. 

Yeh but can boys wear the coat as i posted above?

If you seek the advice of people you don't know for validation over people who are in your life I believe you must learn to accept yourself. This will be a journey only you can take. Now about the furs. I am unaware of a law that forbids you to wear clothing of your choice. I'm no fashion expert but try  75% to 25% . Dress 75% in your usual style but introduce 25% new. Perhaps a fur accent until you are comfortable in public. Or just say screw it and wear the coat because you love it. Perspective, You love a fur coat and are afraid to wear it. Now watch a little news. I think many people would trade their problems for yours. Be open , be kind, show understanding and compassion. give people a chance. Do it wearing your fur. You are young with time to make the world better.     

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Teenfurlover said:

Yeh but can boys wear the coat as i posted above?

Of course u can. Wear it with confidence. 

43 minutes ago, blakeymikey said:

Of course u can. Wear it with confidence. 

Thats my problem. I can't 

2 hours ago, shyfurwriter said:

First let me say THANK YOU! I find it hopeful that some young people like fur.   To expand on the above comments I think you have a wonderful opportunity to take the time to learn about yourself.  Perhaps you can make a private world where only you enter to explore not just fur but anything you want. Share only what you are comfortable with as you build confidence. Have some fun and don't take yourself or others to seriously. Next put this in  perspective. You love fur coats.  Transform your fear of wearing fur in public to empathy and kindness for others who may struggle with identity or acceptance. more latter  

U got the same issue as me?

38 minutes ago, Teenfurlover said:

Thats my problem. I can't 

Why cant u wear fur. What,s stopping u  

17 minutes ago, blakeymikey said:

Why cant u wear fur. What,s stopping u  

Scared to wear it in public

Scared to wear it in public

Its really not that bad. Yeah people might look but thats there problem not ur,s.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blakeymikey said:

Its really not that bad. Yeah people might look but thats there problem not ur,s.

Yeh. I know but it is the fact that i know they will look at me

Yeh. I know but it is the fact that i know they will look at me

That will show its more about them than u. Go with the flow. There are alot more men now that wear fur

• Like 1

I have an invite from a furrier in london and once i can afford it plan on visiting and having a full length mink fur coat made. Most likely in blue i hope too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blakeymikey said:

I have an invite from a furrier in london and once i can afford it plan on visiting and having a full length mink fur coat made. Most likely in blue i hope too. 

Cool

I used to have the same fear as you did... I was 17 or 18 years old and wearing my mom's full length raccoon coat and hat... my mom insisted I wear her fur coat whenever it was cold out.. eventually she got a mink, and the raccoon was mine... but yes.. I felt the same way... what was anyone gonna think... so for I don't know how long, I only wore it inside, or if it was dark out to drive my mom to work... I later then started going to the park after I drove her to work and would go for a walk... but any time I crossed paths with anyone that fear would kick in... that lasted for a looong time... eventualy as I got older, I just got the who gives a crap attitude.. at that point I had and have full length coyote coats, fox , lynx, beaver... I almost find it amusing now to cross paths with the anti fur people.. some of the stares they give.. this morning I walked around the park for 20 minutes before going to work in raccoon coat and hat.. crossed paths with 4 people, no one said a thing, no one looked , 3 of the 4 all said good morning (and they were all guys) last Saturday in the park, I walked around the pond in full raccoon coat and hat... same thing, kept walking past people in the opposite direction.. all said good morning... mid week walk, 6 oriental ladies inside the skate shack warming area, no one said a thing, or even cared...  I don't know where you live, but for me being where I am its cold(ish) out.. so I'll wear a fur coat whenever.. no one knows Im wearing fur because of a fur fetish, and if anyone want to say anything I'll say its -25C and Im super warm, how about you?  As for the way the clasps do up on the coat, I don't think anyone even cares or notices at all these days... tonites overnite low is -22, windchill -27, so tomorrow morning Im planning on going to the park in my massive full length silver fox coat, and white knit fox hat and just walk laps of that duck pond for an hour... 

Do what I did.. goto a park.. go for a walk, and don't be scared if you cross paths with anyone... just say hello and keep on going... I think alot of its in our heads, once you get over that, you just go... I used to sit in the parking lot at the park wearing a fur coat and hat in a bundle of nerves trying to get the courage to even get ouy of the car..never mind go walk around the pond with people skating and also walking... now I just roll in, park, open the door and get going! 

Oh and the best thing is... going into a fur coat shop wearing a fur coat... 

Edited by WinnipegFur
  • Like 1

Hi TFL.   I started wearing my furs in public at the age of 55 and, honestly, I wish I’d started wearing them when I was much younger.  And you know what?  Girls LOVE fur!  It’s a rare day I go out and someone doesn’t compliment me for my full length mink.  

As stated above, don’t worry what others think. It’s what YOU chose to wear and it’s not open to question.  It’s unlikely you’ll get negative anti fur remarks but, if you do, just respond with ‘and yet it’s ok for you to wear clothes made by little Asian kids working in sweatshops?’    Failing that, tell them to fuck off! 

Good luck.  Let us know how you get on. 

• Like 1

Hi there, greeting from Hong Kong 🙂 Indeed I have had almost the same situation and consideration as you did. 

Although the winter here doesn't really need to wear a fur jacket or a full length fur coat (I own 2 real fur coats and other accessories for "fur-fun" at home), and people in HK tend to be anti-fur, still, as temperature dropped to below 10°C in some days, I have had worn two of my faux fur jackets when going to work and hanging out with friends. 

At first, I was afraid of those attention from people on the street, they may see me as a weirdo or too warm to wear such a huge fluffy jacket by a man...Even my parents at first said the coat was too exaggerated to wear it outside. But since some days the temperature were low than 5°C, when I was in my faux fur jacket, I can see some of the people (especially women) had put an envy eyes on my warm and fluffy fur 😎

Nonetheless, thanks for the encouragement from this forum and my girlfriend, I have tried to change my mind and finally felt comfortable, and enjoyable to wear both of my faux furs outside during the cold days, which in fact it is just same as those girls who like fur coats/parkas and wore them during winter, so, I just ask myself, why can't men do the same as well? 

Hope my experiences could help you!!

image.png.ffaa88cfe0b4f2804b76deabfd5ee873.pngimage.png.3cb89ee68252082227ae438f7025d9be.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonasfoxluvr said:

which in fact it is just same as those girls who like fur coats/parkas and wore them during winter, so, I just ask myself, why can't men do the same as well? 

EXACTLY....  you know whats funny... anyone who is nervous / scared/ worried about wearing your fur outside... you are worried about a piece of clothing... think about it.. you are getting worked up about a piece of clothing...

Maybe its just easier for me here being -22 with the windchill or colder from November to March, and fur was the norm here many years ago... yes, I even get an evil glance sometimes.. I also find it does depend on what type of fur I am wearing... 

There is more attention  wearing coyote, fox, or lynx, versus a raccoon or beaver.. I think its just the coloring, it stands out more..

-21 windchill here right now.. in about an hour Ill be walking around the pond in a full length lynx.. Is it gonna get some attention... probably but my care-o-meter is ZERO!

• Like 1

Just had a wonderful walk in full length long haired lynx around the pond at the park... the coat is roomy too, so I even had a coyote vest under to take up some space as well as the white knit fox hat...

It wasnt as cold as I was expecting, but was comfortable... not hot, but a little warmer than I would have liked... a little breeze, so it was nice to watch all that super long lynx fur get blown around... 

Lots of people running... funny as I walked back to the car there were 3 women who were running and 3 guys.. I guess they all knew one another.. one girl couldnt keep her eyes off the coat, but no one said a thing.. the one girl even watched me drive away haha  She only looked to be in her early 30s max so probably has never seen a coat like that before in person!

I wish I had been wearing that lynx more this year... it is very light weight.. and seeing the fur being whipped around in that light wind was very nice... 

Still another week of cold night it seems, so hopefully can get out for a few more walks... maybe get some 30-50kmh wind in there as well to add to the "excitement" 

• Like 1

Simply stated I was scared to wear my F/L beaver coat in public. I started wearing it on cold nights, mostly on the deck or short walks.  To avoid people recognizing me I wore my coat whenever work sent me out of town. Then it got kind of exhausting hiding what I loved. Short walks snowballed into just wearing it. I also received encouragement to buy and wear fur after seeing other men wear fur with confidence. Years have passed since and I still  love wearing my furs.  I hope sharing our experiences will help. 

Edited by shyfurwriter
  • Like 1