wearing furs in public (uk) what’s been peoples reaction?

sammi

11 hours ago, pnwhist said:

I guess my follow-up question would be - next time if you circle back to the shop and just be totally upfront with the storekeeper and state that these were the same prices of the coats 15 years ago, and they do depreciate and would they accept a fare offer? If they see that you have expertise and know how much items of similar quality are going for, perhaps they will cut you a deal. 

I guess throwing out an offer, even a lowball offer and CASH - there’s a small chance even if it’s a small chance. Walking out the store with zero offer gives you zero chance. Do you think he would have considered $700 for that Black Fox?

The ad was posted under his wife's account on facebook, and she never actually responded to the ad, I just showed up there Saturday morning to check things out...

In all honesty, id probably grab the mens beaver jacket.. the fur on that thing was super thick.... beautiful coat, but $2000 for a coat thats 15+ years old is pretty steep... and not knowing how the coat was stored... Im assuming when Reiss furs closed down 15 years ago, this shop picked up the left overs... I remember going in Reiss furs and there wasnt alot left in the shop, so seems these are the left overs... the lynx looked like it had been squashed in between a few coats as well.. my lynx the fur is very fluffy, this one seems to be squashed and a rougher texture than mine..

The husband admitted he knew nothing about fur coats.... its probably better to talk to the wife, Ill see what they would be open to on a cash offer for the beaver coat.. Im assuming there isn't much interest around here...

I miss the days of seeing woman in the mall or grocery store in there furs I had a happy feeling in my pants. A lot more back then