New parka... shy to wear

Disastress

Hello everyone! Finally I got the parka that I wanted for ever. As my last topics I asked you about opinions for mens parka jackets. And now again, but this time no turning back, because its in my wardrobe lol. So fur everywhere as you can see, massive hood, very soft and I really really get turned on by it... but anyways. I am kinda shy, and have not weared it in public yet. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you! 

IMG_20231119_191032_edit_380874567052819.jpg

IMG_20231119_191805_edit_380958390156452.jpg

IMG_20231119_191852_edit_380993048775717.jpg

IMG_20231119_192152_edit_381069796622581.jpg

IMG_20231119_192223_edit_381126637390280.jpg

IMG_20231119_192758_edit_381144839168923.jpg

IMG_20231119_192846_edit_380641565630979.jpg

• Like 5

You’ll be fine. Take it from another introvert who has been wearing fur for the last 15 years. I get nothing but compliments strangers when I wear my furs out in public. And I’m talking about full fur coats 

Edited by Panther10
  • Like 2

I wore my black faux mink 3/4 to a Halloween night, and got loads of compliments.

Media tells you that fur makes you public enemy number one.  Actually being out and about in it is a completely different story.

• Like 1

Confidence is key. Be confident in yourself and how you dress and just remember you are your harshest critic. Most people are too concerned with themselves anyway. Good luck!

• Like 1

Hej! You and your parka look awesome.

When I saw the pic of the parka hanging, I thought "wow, that's daring for a shy person" but then I saw you wearing it, and it looks completely natural on you!

And you'll see: people don't care what you wear. I've never gotten any look/remark from a stranger, and so far my friends have either made no comment, or "played" a bit with the fur. Neutral or positive 😉

• Like 1

Do you have any local parks near you? Maybe start going for walks in the morning or evening when its darker out... I often do that depending on what coat I am wearing.. I find lynx is a mega attention grabber.. coyote, raccon, beaver, darker color foxes not so much in my opinon... It helps too when its really cold out, I find its less attention grabbing wearnig a fl raccoon coat and hat when its -20 out vs say +2.. Its only just now to the point where I have a few days to go out in my FL raccoon... but by the weekend its back to +1 again.. this winter is messed up...

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the support and sweet words. Actually yesterday i went out really late just for a walk and just to wear it and feel it. It was amazing. In the next couple of days we will have minus temperatures here, so definitely a late walk again. ❤️

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Disastress said:

Thank you everyone for the support and sweet words. Actually yesterday i went out really late just for a walk and just to wear it and feel it. It was amazing. In the next couple of days we will have minus temperatures here, so definitely a late walk again. ❤️

Awesome! Got to wear my beaver jacket the other day, it wasnt too cold out, only ran into one person walking who gave a polite good morning... was -15 this morning, was going to go full on full length raccoon coat and hat walk, but had to be at work earlier today so had to skip my walk... 

• Like 1