Phantom beaver

Guest touchofsable

Melanie Griffith, Elisabeth II, Elizabeth Taylor Lauren Bacall I have in jpg from Corbis

Jackie Kennedy and Edith Piaf I don't have. I know that Jackie Kennedy used to wear a gorgeous Phantom Beaver coat, but I have been looking for years to find a picture without success.

Gina Lollobrigida and Anita Ekberg, I need to scan

They are all sheared beaver, not all Phantom Beaver

How to get jpg's to you?

Jerome

Why not post them on say, fur fashion pic post, or, make them one at at time your avatars so you can share them with all of us?

By the way, I keep going to Lindas ebay shop as she has promised to list a phantom beaver. Imagine my disappointment when she has liste an absolutely stunning phantom but shes NOT wearing it!!!!

I think we need a petition!!!!!

Please add my name to the list of the phantom beaver lover's club. My first experiences were with soft mouton which won't even run a close second to downy phantom fur, and when I bought my first plucked and sheared beauty at a tag sale I knew I would be a fan for life. The utter softness and eveness of the fur, the way that light plays off of the texture, it's truly a fur lovers dream. I now own three of them.

Nice to read about Furnation's love for sheared beaver. The group is growing.

As for the posting of pics, I will do something but not now as I am very busy.

As for Linda's phantom beaver, fully agree. Need to see Linda in it. As for the coat, I prefer when there are 3 dark stripes in the back (here there are 2). Some coats have one and then the back is very flat and not so interesting. Some have two (like this one) and then you start seeing the 'waves' in the fur. When you have 3 the Phantom aspect is at its maximum, with its beautiful colour variations. Having more than 3 is practically impossible, except for very tall ladies. BTW having 3 stripes for a very petite woman is also difficult. Needless to add that the more stripes, the more fur, the higher the price.

If one wants to be very precise, here is my description of the ideal 'woman in phantom beaver'

1) She is around forty, blonde and very elegant

2) She is tall and athletic. It is quite a heavy fur to wear!

3) The fur is from Quebec and is greyish-brown

4) The coat has 3 dark stripes in the back, around 200 cm sweep

5) It is full length

6) It has turn-back cuffs and fairly ample sleeves

7) It has a large collar or hood.

8.) Needless to add that the workmanship should be excellent. As there good plumbers and bad ones. there are good furriers and bad ones.

Of course .... this is my personal view

Jerome

My wife not around 40, she just passed 50, neither is she tall, but she is very elegant.

When I described the ideal 'woman in Phantom Beaver', I did not pretend that I married her. I am however sure that she will be gorgeous in her new coat and I love her very much for having been an amazing 'lady in fur' since many years.

Jerome

I just got back into town after a business trip and was delighted when I found this thread.

Sheared beaver is my absolute favorite fur, in terms of touch. There is nothing quite like the voluptuous texture of sheared beaver.

Last fall I purchased a rabbit fur lined cashmere hooded sweater. I had the lining relaced with sheared beaver. It is now my favorite fur to wear around town.

The weather has been colder and wetter that normal in San Francisco this past winter. My wife and I have been using two older sheare beaver coats as extar blankets all winter long. There is nothing quite like the feeling of waking up and running your hands through that incrfedible softness.

sf fur

also just back from abroad...

nice to read that phantom beaver lovers are all around

we had my wife's old phantom beaver coat transformed in a blanket and we share exactly the same wake-up feeling. Just delicious....

Jerome

just keeping the subject alive....

here is the top 10 of my "unforgetable souvenirs" about phantom beaver.

1) 5 years ago I was in Toronto and during a whole day I have visited furriers just for the pleasure of seeing and touching sheared beaver coats.

2) almost 20 years ago Michel Le Jeune, a furrier in Brussels had put 3 or 4 somptuous phantom beavers in his window. I must have spend several hours before that window.... (not in one go of course!)

3) the first time I masturbated in my mom's new sheared beaver coat.

4) the first time I masturbated in a phantom beaver coat...belonging to my aunt

5) A woman, dressed in a fabulous phantom beaver coat, just in front of me in a queue for check-in at an airport. Needless to add that I had an erection until I got my boarding pass

6) A hooker in Paris, dressed in a superb phantom beaver coat lined with fox. I couldn't resist and with some additional money she agreed to do it while wearing her coat. I went with her several times.

7) Once I have followed a woman in town, just because she was wearing such a beautiful phantom beaver. After a while she discovered that I was following her and she turned to me saying that she would call the police. I had no other possibility than to apologize and to tell her how much I liked her coat. As she saw that I was genuinely embarassed, she smiled and told me how much indeed she liked wearing it. She invited me to finish her walk with her and at the end I was allowed to caress her coat

8.) attending a fur fashion show during which a superb sheared beaver coat was shown

9) I remember all my mom's friends who owned a phantom beaver coat and I remember the coats of course

10) The sheared beaver coat of my wife

Perhaps I am not the only one with such souvenirs...

Jerome