Phantom beaver

Guest touchofsable

It has dawned on me we never discuss one of my fave furs. Phantom beaver. I had a lovely experience in switzerland a while ago (before I met my current girlf)with a beautiful older lady in phantom beaver (she encouraged me to feel how soft it was, as I complimented her after getting a light. She agreed to go for coffee with me and I was able to stroke and flirt with her every opportunity....she touched me a fair bit too! Ah...leather gloved hands and the touch of fur!!! We kissed, lots, but she wouldnt go to bed with me. If I have a touch fetish, it would be this fur. And the sheen and movement of light on it is really beautiful, especially when you have one that swings as this lady did.

So I looked for net references and found:

www.fursbyleonard.com/theo7.html WOW!!!!!!!!!WHAT A POSE!!!

and www.fursbyleonard.com/theo28.html

also:

www.kahnertfurs.com/products_01/fur_fashions/furko

And www.greatrockymountainfur.com/showcase/catalog45.htm

Edited by Guest

It's always been one of my favorites.

I even use it as a keyboard arm rest for my computer. A good way to finish out a favorite .. to the end!!

Several jacket linings are planned and one to be picked up soon.

OFF

Sheared beaver is a great fur for fall or spring. It is not as heavy and thick as fox or coyote for instance, and as such does not look as "overdone" in slightly warmer temperatures. It certainly does have a feel of it's own too. Also, different qualities have very different touch.

W

TOS,

Every week I have a special morning project that I do on the den. I have already tackled this week's.

With the situation with my Mother it may be a week or so, but I will do a sticky on the ebay forum on phantom sheared beaver for you.

I agree, it is a very nice unique fur.

I may even get our new member Marc Kaufman, a very dear friend of mine, to make a post there!

Linda

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more. Phantom beaver is the most delicious of furs. It turns me on each time I see a woman in a sheared beaver coat. It is classy, sexy, soft, sensual..... It has this incredible power to turn every woman into a beauty

I can understand how excited touchofsable was to share some exquisite moments with this Swiss lady clad in beaver.

I do agree that phantom beaver should more often be discussed and worn!

As for myself. My grandmother had a phantom beaver coat, my mother had hers, my aunt and my wife as well ... At many occasions I had the chance to wrap myself in them. Delicious moments!!!!

My wife's coat was worn out and we transformed it into a blanket. During the winter she loves to sleep under it. The plan is to buy her a new phantom beaver coat for next winter. It will ample, ankle length, with large turnback cuffs and a generous collar. I am already excited just to imagine how she will look like.

Jerome

welcome jerome (or is it Martin?)

are you English or french?

I go to Deauville for horse racing and have noticed a big increase in furs last Autumn....(and it was only September)....particularly minks and sheared beaver at the Drakkar restaurant and Hotel Normandy. Where is France are you and whats it like there?

beinvenue

It is Jerome.

neither English nor French, but I live in Paris

I have been in Deauville once with my wife in her mink coat.....but it was raining heavily

Good suggestion to go back as of September or at least from the very minute my wife has her new sheared beaver coat

Nice to read that you are a phantom beaver addict as well. So we are at least 2 on this planet. Maybe we should ask who else likes to join the 'Phantom beaver club'

Jerome

What I love about the touch of sheared beaver is like a dry, holding softeness one direction and a sleek, cold in the other: unique. But its the light on a phantom when it moves is lovely too....especially when the coat has a full swing.

Even occassionally on August evenings when its not too hot ther are a few minks and fox trims around Deauville. In December its amazing. In the Autumn in tends to get quite chilly so you often get people sitting at restaurants in Trouville in furs which is nice. There is a race meeting and horse sales in October which generally brings a few people in furs...but I usually miss that as I go to the Velka Pardubicka in the czech republic at about the same time.

So what nationality are you Jerome?

best regards TOS

I am Belgian.

I read that you share exactly the same excitment about sheared beaver as I do, its incredible softness and its amazing shades especially when the coat is ample. Have you noticed how beautifull a sheared beaver coat is when it has three dark stripes in the back.

What is Velka Pardubicka ??

Jerome

It is those dark stripes against the light, which give a shimmering shostly effect hence the name "phantom" beaver I believe (correct me of I am mistaken please).

Ah ha you are Belgian. That means you can count correctly( excuse moi mes amies francais mais votre nombres; c'est tres etrange pour un Anglais (galloises, actuallment).

I know the champion jockey of France Christophe Soumillon....he is Belgian too. His girlfriend is Miss France. They are both very nice people. In fact the whole of Christophe's family are very nice folks.

So how is Paris? Two years ago at the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe were lots of furs but I didnt go last year.

the Velka Pardubicka is held in Pardubice in the Czech Republic evry second sunday in October each year. It is the Grand national steeplechase of Eastern Europe and is contested by horses from the UK, Ireland, France, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Slovakia, Germany, etc etc. Its a fantastic spectacle. The horses jump the 4th fence to a deafening sound that I can only describe as "aghast" because its the only time I evber hear a sporting crowd make such a noise. The 4th fence is called the Taxis and its the biggest steeplechase jump in the world. It has a drop of 14 feet. There is a yawning chasm pf a ditch beneath the fence. It has to be seen to be believed ....nobody thinks it possible for the horses to get over it but they do. It has had no casualties ther in the 10 years I have been going, and has succesfully rubbished the arguments of the animal rights activists which used to cause it problems. One time a demo there caused the horse to collide and get injured, so it ruined the animal rights credibility in the czech republic.

have a look:

www.pardubice-racecourse.cz

If its cold, which it is often, the Pardubice race is very good for fur. There are visitirs from all over europe and often old aristocratic families who are regaining their former estates in Czech, so it is well supported by them Also there are lots of us go and many of the girls wear furs. The owner of Peruan Mrs bruna has a lot of furs and often wears sheared ones. One in green is particularly elegant.

Also there is the Belgian Grand National which is steeped in history, at Waregem, but I havent been there:

www.turf-be.com/hippodromes/fr/waregem.htm

I think thos event os less "smart" though, and its end of August/beginning september so probably not good for furs. Looks a great race though....must do it some day.

Edited by Guest

Well at least I learned something.

I am absolutely ignorant about horse races, although if you tell me that a lot of furs can be seen there, this may change.

I know about Waregem of course .... but I have never been there, although it is only 30km from my hometown.

I have been to the horseraces once in my life .... in Hong Kong. Definetly not the place to go for furs as it is burning hot there.

Hong Kong is however a very good place to buy furs as there are many good fur factories over there. My wife and I bought loads a fur coats when we were there and we plan to go back some day. But before this, we need to pay a visit to Montreal to buy a sheared beaver coat.

Jerome

Welcome to the Den Jerome. It is really great to see you here and hope that you enjoy this place as much as all of us here do!

White Fox

Coming back on Touchofsable's explanation on the origin of the name "Phantom" beaver, I believe that he is right. The fur has something mysterious, something magic or ghostly that no other fur has. What is even more fabulous is that this magic diffuses into the woman who wears sheared beaver. The fur emphasises female mystery and therefore female seduction. It is indeed the fur for very feminine, seductive ladies.

Talking about ladies, I saw in this thread that Linda shares our enthousiasm for sheared beaver and I hope that she will soon jump in. She has a lot of talent to talk about furs and she is a lady, a double advantage

Jerome

I will second that. Any ladies on site own a phantom beaver? It is the most ethereal of furs in terms of the look of the textue...you cant quite focus on it.

As far as horse racing goes it has been an oasis of civilisation in the UK for fur wearing ladies for 20 years now. Animal rights people dont go to the races as there are lots of beautiful animals there and they are not really interested in animals. Best courses:

1.St moritz (white turf) february

2.Cheltenham (November december and March. April if its cold)

3.Chepstow (welsh Grand national December 27th)

4.Longchamps if its cold September/october

5.Pardubice if its cold October

6.Newbury (November Hennessy meeting, december, March)

7. Aintree (April but only if its cold....and even then the majority of Liverpool girls wear next to nothing)

8. Auteuil Paris November

9. Haydock winter meetings

10. Sandown April if its cold

See you there!!!!!

if we keep answering each others messages we will keep the subject of Phantom Beaver high on the list and it might attract other Phantom addicts as well. This is not the worst subject around (even if said by a Fresh New Newbie as myself)

It might gather Racecourse fanatics as well. We could call it "Horses and Beavers". Sounds like the name of an English pub...... 8) Or if you want to keep it more mysterious, name it "Phantom Courses", which sounds more like an English haunted castlle

last message today

Jerome

Funnily and spookily enough....

I am two thirds through my novel entitled:

"BLOODLINES"

which is about a mysterious Contessa, whose ambition it is to win the Velka Pardubicka. She has an array of furs but her favourite is her floor length phantom beaver.

She brings a breed of horse from her families estates in the Carpathians,

sells her chateau in France and sets up a racing stables in Deauville. The breed has never been seen on a racecourse in western Europe, and at first her horses are laughed at. They are non thoroughbreds, and from a breed called Ak Al Teke, which, and if you have never seen them you wont believe this, have metallic gold coats.

Her "family" have bred the horses for centuries, and have always maintained close contact with the genetic base in the Caucasus and into Uzbekistan. She still uses traditional methods and Uzbek handlers, which make her and her entourage a very strange sight indeed on british and french racecourses. She employs the services of a disgraced British National Hunt jockey who has recieved a six month riding ban for assaulting a Labour mp for allegations of corruption, so he goes to work for her as a trainer in Deauville.

The horses are fed on a very strange high protein diet of goats blood, which they are in their native lands, and have to have 7 rugs on even in summer as they have a high metabolism. They rapidly begin to dominate the majot British french and Irish steeplecases, and even flat races. They are thus a major threat to the staus quo, threatening to undermine vast vested interests in thoroughbred breeding. Because of the golden coats, they capture the public imagination when one of her horses, partnered by the jockey (Nathan Clay also becomes the first black rider to do so) wins Grand National at Aintree.

This upsets the government of the day who is trying to ban the Grand national, and steeplechasing in general, under pressure from an ex musician media moghul animal rights activist and backer of the government, who actually wants to buy up racecourses and turn them into vast open music venues and golf courses.

A three way conspiracy of vipers tries to undermine, nobble and even assassinate the new public heroes. A bumbling but lethal renegade British agent, working with a Russian ex speznaz security agent (female, called Svetlana and a sable wearing peverse bitch from hell with a heart of gold but disturbed psychological make up) untangle the conspiracy and ally with the Contessa and Clay, and a showdown results on a foggy morning at Pardubice racecourse.The eve of the big race the Czech government have banned steplechasing under presure from the British government, in an effort to prevent the Contessa's stallion from becoming the first entire horse to win the Cheltenham gold cup, grand national and Velka Pardubicka in history.

Only a military coup in the morning from the base alongside the racecourse allows the race to go ahead. There is another great character who sorts that out...a czech colonel based on a real life czech air force veteran with an eye patch chomping cigars I had the privilige to meet once. I won't tell you the rest, but lets just say that a little man who is a bit of a trainspotter (as a sub plot )uncovers something odd. the Contessa keeps telling people it has been her lifes ambition to win the velka, a race she rode in as a young woman in '86 . There appears no record of it but that isnt surprising as detailed records werent kept under communism. But the anorak is not satisfied, as

he knows that in fact they were. He uncovers an old photograph, from 1886. Its her.

She wears furs, floor length, always now. Long leather Gloves too, as hands often give peoples real age away. And sunglasses, and heavy make up, and leather trousers and boots. Strangely though, she doesnt eat "dead animlas" which some find a bit odd......

there is only one particularly nasty manifestation of the Contessa's true nature in the book. And it only becomes clear at the end when an Irish accountant employed by a vast bloodstock group in Ireland attempted to

have her "knocked off" when she wouldnt sell her horse. He witnessed what happened.

Oh and then of course there is the blood letting of the goats for horse feed....which she likes to perform.

There is lots of fur sex in it of course!!!!!!And being a person who doenst age, she can smoke all she wants so she aint going to be some of your idea of a babe sorry. And she definitely aint New Labour's.

Its funny, satrirical and a little surreal....but entirely credible in the world I live!!!! It sends up the idea of good and evil, morality etc by sending up The magificent seven, (this has a "bad" seven in most peoples eyes...who are actually good), the real motives behind animal rights, and morality as preached by popular culture and leftist politics. You are not going to know Nathan Clay is black for example , until the end of the book when the Labour mp (now deputy PM) refers to it. Which also challenges our own preconceptions as we will assume him white too. And the real bloodsucker is the McCartney/Geldof/Murdoch lovechild darling of the people.

Waaaooooow................

Imagination you have and good taste indeed

Believe it or not, I am also writing a novel with lots of fur in it. It is in French however. As I have no time to support my own site, I publish it on Fourrureclub.com, where I am not yet a member (will be this week). The first chapter is on it already and I have submitted the second one last friday. The novel is called Dorothee. It is the story of a young man, named Jerome , who receives his sentimental education from an elegant woman, Dorothee, in her forties. The lady has a lot of furs.

The story is being written as told by Jerome, but I plan to have a version told by Dorothee.

Of course there is a fair amount of fur sex in it, but I try to devote a significant portion to other subjects. Both Jerome and Dorothee are highly educated, smart people. He is in maths and physics and she is in art and philosophy. Fair attention is also paid to the beauty of furs and the sensual relation between women and their furs. I try hard to create an erotic-intellectual-cultural-romantic-sometimes humoristic atmosphere Fur is a subject of joy and happiness aimed at people who understand beauty.

I find it a lot of fun to write. Of course I wouldn't write it if I wasn't a fur fetishist but I don't think there is anything wrong about being addicted to furs and women wearing them. As I often say to my wife: be happy that I am addicted to furs, I could be a smoker, a drug addict, an alcoholic, a womanizer, a sado-masochist, a PETA activist, a communist....all kind of things, which I am not. The only 'weakness' I have is being fond of furs and the net result for her is a wardrobe full of furs, of which many women can only dream about.

Jerome

TOS and Jerome,

I have been following your thread on phantom beaver. I want to post soooo... bad. But, I am in the process of listing all my coats on ebay. And, dealing with a "Fur Den addiction"

I promise I will post on the subject, but probably my post will be more appropriate on ebay forum. When I do I will post a link here.

Also, Lynxette and Fur-babe might have some thoughts for you. They have incredible expertise.

I will PM them both with the link to this thread.

Linda

Sometimes its good to give into addiction..if its what you are, (and its not damaging you badly), denial is like monks self flagellation.

Do you have a sheared beaver Linda?

Sheared Beaver was my first very own fur.

I just picked up my new reversable grey sheared Beaver/Pigskin jacket. It's incredibly soft and warm. My new favorite.

After having gotten several very nice used sheared Beavers of eBay quite inexpensively it has motivated me to do several more jackets.

Aside from being very practical it wears like iron. A contradiction for it being so very soft.

OFF

Edited by Guest

looks as if there is a chance to build a small group of Phantom beaver lovers.

There are a few famous sheared beaver lovers:

Melanie Griffith has been seen in a wonderfull beaver coat.

So does the queen on England many years ago

Also Gina Lollobigida, Jackie Kennedy and Anita Ekberg had their sheared beaver coats.

So, Linda, if you decide to join, you will be in good company indeed.

Jerome

Yes OFF you are right. I have seen some nice sheared beaver jackets for men on ebay and will take the plunge next year. I have seen some ethnic

Cree styled parkas which have been nice too.

I have one beautiful ladies navy sheared beaver which I got on ebay which has red white and yellow markings on the collar and cuffs, and is 55" long. It is marked "Jean Francois morisette Design International". Anyone know anything about them? It is the softest thing I have ever felt,

and beautifully elegant on a lady.