Life changing decision.. Help :/

Earendil

I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision. Thanks in advance guys.

I've suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi? I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my g/f. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

So should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local auto shop and try to repair it myself?

Confront you friend, dump the girl and take the car to a body shop.

You'll feel a whole lot better and a much better frame of mind to find another girlfriend.

OFF

Earendil, God i feel for you. Have you been with her long? My advice is to put your emotions aside and get rid of her; once a car starts to rust too much it is time to scrap it and get another one.

WARNING - SEXIST COMMENT!

It's a shame wives/girlfriends weren't like cars.

They say cars are a waste of money; with what my ex-wife has cost me i could be driving around in a Rolls-Royce.

E, I dare not give you the advice I gave you before - It got me in a whole s**tload of trouble - !

Instead, I'll just say . . . Trade her in on a new one! Once things start to rust, it's very difficult to restore them back to their original shape . . .

(Got it . . . ?) 8)

And after two divorces, all I'll add is, "S**t Happens!" Don't give up, though, my brother - After saying, "Never again," the third one has been a charm. Sometimes we don't always get it right the first time (or second time!) around.

Earendil

So sorry to hear all that. I know how it is to have to severe a relationship... I am on the precipice of doing just that myself. He didn't cheat, though, just can't be a man and take care of his half of the responsibilities, know what I mean? I have been with someone who cheated on me though... and I cut him off soon as I suspected it, then planned to leave him asap (I was in colorado with him and wanted to go home to ohio). So, I feel for you greatly and pray you do what is best for you, as no one deserves to be lied to, cheated on or anything else that is careless and selfish. Stay strong and do what you must!!

Do you want to stay together? Do you want to break up? Or, are you just hurt and confused and don't know what to do?

What would I do if it was me?

I'd come right out and ask: "Are you going out with somebody else?"

I'd say, "Of course, I'll be sad if you don't want to be with me anymore but that's better than being angry if you're lying to me."

Simply give her the chance to walk away clean.

You're the one who has been wronged. Giving her the chance to admit her affair and get out of the relationship puts all the responsibility on her. And, it does so in a particularly uncomfortable way for her.

Tell her that she doesn't have to stay with you but you will not tolerate cheating. If she wants to break up then, okay, you break up. But if she says that she wants to stay together but continues cheating it's over for good. Kick her out on her a$$.

Oh, yeah! Warn her that she doesn't want to peave-off the Bears! She really doesn't want to have to live her life with a "Bear Curse" over her head! 1,000 angry Teddy Bears all wishing evil thoughts in her direction would be a bad thing, indeed!

E! Working with you so closely over the last few months, you know I love you. So, I could say a lot right now about what I think about about your "friend". After all, since you are perfect to me, must be all her fault!!

I have found some of my biggest heartaches were due to the feelings it triggered - not the person. We always want the one that got away. There is always a part of us that thinks we aren't "good enough"

And, on the flip-side, I have dated guys who didn't give a damn about me -UNTIL I left. Then I was the "love of their life."

There is something incredibly delicious about heartache. It is better than being numb, isn't it?

. . . then there were those that chased and chased UNTIL they caught me. . . . then they broke my heart. I thank them to this day. I might have ended up with them.

Remember, you can only love someone as much as you love yourself. And, that is something that comes with learning and maturity.

Only the two of you can know what has gone on. ... what has gotten you here . . . And, why you still are together. That we cannot know here. But, one thing is for certain, you both deserve better.

Mom

PS In the context that I know you are perfect, I do have a question: Didn't you say a few weeks ago there were three other girls out there you were seeing? Does she know about them? . . . just wondered.

Tony Blair's wife has been cheating on him too allegedly; with a lot of guys. Apparently there are rumours that she has even slept with Gordon Brown. Everything has been going wrong for him lately. The foxhunting issue won't go away and so the countryside is ablaze with fury. The economy is in a mess. And Iraq is starting to look like a situation that cannot be won; and he is especially facing severe criticsm from his own party. He is hated the length and breadth of the nation, and internationally aswell.

It was no surprise therefore to hear of Blair's suicide bid today . My friend was actually there, as Blair jumped off the bridge hear the House of Commons and into the cold depths. My friend faced an earth shattering decision, and I do not know if I advised him correctly so could do with some advice from some of you. Just to ease my conscience that I gave him the correct advice when he called me on his mobile as he witnessed what was happening.

If you had been in my friends situation what would you have done as the only witness?

Would you have used colour or black and white film?

Hi Earendil

was just about to congratulate you on a great joke. the kind we tell each other over a pint in the pub (see Touch's post). But then others seem to have taken the girlfriend bit so seriously with such good advice that I possibly am now doubting my own sanity (or my own sense of humour).

Anyway earendil - my advice for what it's worth is -

Dump the girlfriend and apply some body filler to the car.

Oh - whoops - sorry, I meant the other way round !

Bob,

It is pain covered with his incredible humor. He was not just joking.

L

Linda, now I don't know if you're joking or not. But in case you're not, you'll find that exact same joke in several places across the internet: I first saw it a couple of years ago on a different forum.

Bob,

OK, . . . I can be incredibly nieve sometimes. Yes, if it was a joke, I was completed sucked in.

OK, E!!! Are you messing with my emotions here? I was really feeling for you guy.

Linda

Does anybody know what this emoticon is for?

It refers to the (supposed) idea that, unless a person uses smiles or other symbols in an internet posting, no matter how outrageous the content, there will always be somebody who believes the post is for real.

It comes from Poe's Law.

According to the citation, it most often refers to people who spout parodies of creationist ramblings but it can apply to almost anything ourtageos, written as a joke.

So... If we have the icon for people who make such posts, what is the icon for those (like me) who got suckered?

I really don't know which I find funnier: the joke itself or the replies that don't seem to realise it was a joke

lol its a joke guys... it's all about the car this forum-joke is known throughout the net

Linda, I have never been seeing 3 girls at once. I am probably the most monogamous guy you will find in here

Perhaps i should have added a ";)" at the end of the joke hehe

Anyways.............................................. I appreciate the replies on girls and wives, but it was really a forumjoke from old times

Speaking as a man with a quite lot of experience of relationships. I really can't see why anyone would seek advice about relationships. It is rather about following your own instincts as it is the only way to learn. I have found offering advice is pointless as people generally want to you to say what they want to hear.

I don't think men are particularly emotional. I remember about twenty- five years go hearing that my friend had been injured on his Triumph motor-cycle (I hasten to add that the injuries were not particularly serious). In the pub that evening the topic of conversation was our concern that the motor-cycle might be badly damaged and what had happened to it after the accident.

When I first read the original post I laughed and thought of a smart-assed comment to say. (But didn't post it.)

It wasn't until I saw others posting their concerns, thinking his story was real, that I jumped on the bandwagon.

I suppose that sort of thing happens a lot. One pereson responds and the rest are convinced that it's a real story.