Post your mug-thread!

Earendil

ToS, thanks for chiming in right away; and the blue fox would be for private wear, if you could see from the second picture, my style tends to be more Modernist than modern. I like vintage pieces and solid, dark colors. When I'm at work, I often wear my glasses that look a bit too much like this guy's:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/photos/libeskind_cp_4643507.jpg

However...I've seen guys pulling off the blue fox bomber jackets, styled similar to my over-the-top black fox. Lately, black men who love the ladies who love fur will wear anything around here as long as it will get them !@#%&. Nothin' wrong with that, my friends. One dude who works in my office wears a MASSIVE fox fur trooper hat to work, he tells me the girls love a brother who can rock the fur...but I can tell he's enjoying it. The more I think about it, the blue fox seems a better option unless one of you could do a fellow a favor and take care of this month's rent. Haha, nevermind. A couple of years ago, if you would have asked me, I would have lived in a cardboard box, or my car, if it meant unlimited furs. At one point, I was renting a room a bit over six feet wide by nine and a half long...and I had a roommate for a bit. At that point, I sold my entire fur collection and started over. Now, it's 2006, I live in a great part of the city (and own a bloody parking space... ) but yes, my friends, being frugal has its rewards.

ciao

J.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fox

• Foxy Lady

• Unclejoe420

• Earendil

Awesome bluefox MaxFur! Really nice! Looks extremely soft

Thanks - I love it, it is sooo soft! The one fur of mine that I bought from a furrier some years ago (the rest have come from Ebay). It's also the one I need the new lining for too, so it looks like I'll be taking it up to Glasgow the next time I go.

MaxFur,

You look great!!

On the lining: a good seamstress can do the lining for you. They just take the old one out and use it as a pattern.

If they can do coat linings and they have this pattern, it is not a problem. Furriers are slow and expensive.

Longer and very expensive furs I would take to a furrier though. For several reasons.

Linda

Awesome bluefox MaxFur! Really nice! Looks extremely soft

Thanks - I love it, it is sooo soft! The one fur of mine that I bought from a furrier some years ago (the rest have come from Ebay). It's also the one I need the new lining for too, so it looks like I'll be taking it up to Glasgow the next time I go.

Hey Maxfur - just checking to see if you got my PM. Reckon you should get a pic of your friend in your bluefox jacket!!

Unclejoe

Uncle Joe

I did receive it and have now replied. I have taken some shots of her in the blue fox, but unfortunately, she is quite small and it's pretty big on her. Still looks nice though!

Linda

Thanks for the compliment.

Thanx Maxfur.

BeautifulFurs - if it's any consolation, i have the permanent "Just out of bed" look in regards to my hair

Unclejoe

I have said it once, and I will say it again! We are a good lookin' family!

Amen to that, FoxyLady!! Couldn't have put it better myself!!

Unclejoe

There are 400+ members in the den and only 7 of us brave enough to post our pictures?! C'mon guys! We're all family here!

There are 400+ members in the den and only 7 of us brave enough to post our pictures?! C'mon guys! We're all family here!

Heck, i even posted links to pix of myself!! Good job i didn't post pix of myself first thing in the morning, or folks would be leaving here in droves!!

Unclejoe

An order of business. What do you guys think? The thread is supposed to be about pics of all of us, seven have actually posted pics, but this is the 70th post. That means that 63 of the 70 posts don't really have anything to do with the original intent of the thread. (This is what makes moderating hard.) Do you think the thread should be "cleaned" every once in awhile to eliminate all the side bars (including this post), therefore making the thread what it should be, or do you want it to continue as is, making it increasingly harder to find members' pics?

(BTW, as soon as I can get a new picture host, I'll post my pic. . .)

BrGr:

I would totally agree with "cleaning" out this thread if it wasn't for one thing. Although many are not, some of the non-picture posts in here are comments regarding other people's pictures. So if it were to be "cleaned" out so to speak, I would be careful as to what is being removed. Many comments in here having nothing to do with anything. Those should go. Others regarding people's pictures should stay. For example, if you had posted your pic (hint,hint!) and I commented "BrGr, Nice pics, you're beautiful!" I think that should stay. Especially with all the animosity going on in a couple of the other threads.

Just my opinion. Best one to ask would be Earendil, since he started the thread.

-Foxy

FL,

I thought I posted my pic every time I posted..... ergo.... make that 8 outte 480 *grin*

(refer right hand side of sig as you look at it *grin*

Im a bit shocked that Linda didnt even comment on my pics after she did for everyone else. Oh well.

Hi, Eric.

I am sorry. I had to go back and read all the thread again, because I thought I had.

I apologize. I am just not thinking very clearly. I don't know if you know, but my Mother died last weekend and I am away for her funeral.

I agree you win the contest for the most beautiful hair.

But, I love the picture of you in your wheelchair. Thank you for sharing that very real side of your life.

Your friend always,

Linda

PS Dial up internet really sucks!!

I agree that it should be "cleaned" every once in a while so as to keep the original intent of the thread. (And perhaps to encourage more members to post their mugs )