• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Earendil

• Worker 11811

• galianos829

• Patience

I don't think you'd have a problem with the logo at all. It is a social issue of protest. You are not trying to compete with them or cash-in on the strength of their reputation. You are not trying to convince anyone that you represent them either. On the contrary. Using their logo with the international "NO" symbol is an expression of free speech.

Of course, that would not necessarily stop them from trying to stop you. Should that happen, it could backfire and become a great fulcrum for throwing them out completely.

IMHO, changing the logo is a wuss action and if public sentiment is truly on their side, it would still be recognized for what it is.

Miss T., you have expressed an abundant concern about the provisions of 2257 and such. Do you have a legal contact? If so, you might want to get that contact's opinion before you do anything.

Patience

no i don't have any legal help at my disposal, just try to keep up on things on my own as best i can; none of my work will require me to comply with those laws, and that is on purpose. anyhow, i actually like the idea of altering the "e" and what OFF had to say about it... kinda agree with that thinking.

I think the reverse e is an idea that appeals to me because it is metaphorical for the fact taht they are the reverse of what they stand for.

Vorrupting their logo suggests there is corruption withing them.

A similar effect was acheived by Goth bands reversing the crucifix. it didn't mean they were satansists; rather that the church was hypocritical and they were questioning its sanctity.

Likewise by reversing the e it makes their logo look corrupt literally.