The fur season is upon us

FurSwede

This weekend I picked up my fur coats from storage and thus marked the official start of the fur season for me. It is always such a great feeling to hang the full length foxes, coyote and mink and other furs in the closet. Ready to wear. 

Let us all hope this winter will be a cold one! I myself is looking into a weekend getaway upstate New York in January.

• Like 7

It’s getting chilly in Chicago but we still have days in the 60’s and 70’s ahead of us so it’s not exactly fur season yet. We’ll see how things shake up after Halloween 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Showgirl2017 said:

It seems like every time there are a few cool days, the next one is 73! It has to get cold and stay cold already!!

Agreed! But as long as it is in the 40s or even low 50s I wear fur. Not my long foxes but shearling or chinchilla jacket. Fingers crossed for next visit to NYC!

• Like 1

Averaging low 50s here as our Highs so looking forward to seeing my wife “doll out” with her three fur faves during Holiday season / Date Night events.

She has 2 full lengths and one 3/4th length furs. 2 I know she’s already earmarked for two Wintry occasions.

• Like 3

-7C here in Winnipeg... it snowed the other day, but it warmed up enough to cause some melting, and then the refreeze has left alot of slick jagged ice everywhere... 

So far Ive worn a full length black mink and my beaver jacket in the morning... tonites low is -7 and a windchill of -14.. seems like a good excuse for a full length raccoon coat and hat tomorrow morning.. maybe Ill run into my favorite friend in the park tomorrow morning on my walk LOL (From a previous post I put up, every morning if I have time I stop and go for a quick 15-20 min walk before going to work, I park the car in the lot, then walk down a path , walk around the skating rink pond, and then work my way back to the parking lot... on the way out to the pond, I usually cross paths with an older woman who you can clearly tell hates I am wearing a fur coat... I know she wants to say something, she just gives me that sideways look) This year Im going to wear a different coat everyday for a week just to egg her on!! The next few days might give me a chance to change up between raccoon and maybe my coyote parks, but its supposed to somewhat warm up again mid week to zero... for me, zero is almost too warm for fur.. probably being from Canada, zero is still shorts and t shirt weather hahaha

• Like 5

On 10/29/2023 at 6:12 PM, WinnipegFur said:

This year Im going to wear a different coat everyday for a week just to egg her on!!

I’m sorry but I don’t get why people have to do this. 

• Thanks 1

Agreed. Just wear your coat and enjoy it. Some people just don’t agree with wearing fur. Their loss, but no need to rub it in their face.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2023 at 2:30 AM, FurSwede said:

I’m sorry but I don’t get why people have to do this. 

Do what.. if I want to wear 5 different coats during the week, thats my choice.. I knows its pissing her off seeing someone in a fur coat.. so what am I supposed to do, not go for my morning walk, or pick a different path because I might run into someone who doesnt like seeing a fur coat... I never talk to this woman, and she has never said a thing to me... she gives me the sideways glare though, and I know she wants to say something but never does... yes I enjoy wearing my coats, especially when its -20 out, no one is rubbing anything in anyones face... but I do like the feel of the fur against my face :)

• Like 2

Exactly what I quoted you on; the egging that person on. I don’t see why that is necessary. Wear your furs with pride. I do, but I don’t do it to spite people who don’t like fur. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FurSwede said:

Exactly what I quoted you on; the egging that person on. I don’t see why that is necessary. Wear your furs with pride. I do, but I don’t do it to spite people who don’t like fur. Just my two cents.

@WinnipegFur “Egging someone” on did sound like you’re trying to get some of reaction from her or at least incite some kind of mind game. If we’re wrong, we’re wrong - if anything, just asking a little clarification of what that meant. 

I for one admire that you can go out in public with your garments and that you’ve ignored any stigma, WinnipegFur. I don’t know if I have that same desire but I do know that if I did, I wish I could express myself so freely.

• Like 1

Looking forward to stopping and complimenting each and every coat I see worn this year!

I always get such glowing and positive reactions from the wearers, and it always lets me work in loaded questions to see if they "love" love fur... I'm sure they get looks and know that they're taking a risk.

Reward good behavior---that you want to see more of---with a compliment and friendly conversation... 🙂

• Like 3

On 11/8/2023 at 2:59 PM, pnwhist said:

@WinnipegFur “Egging someone” on did sound like you’re trying to get some of reaction from her or at least incite some kind of mind game. If we’re wrong, we’re wrong - if anything, just asking a little clarification of what that meant. 

I for one admire that you can go out in public with your garments and that you’ve ignored any stigma, WinnipegFur. I don’t know if I have that same desire but I do know that if I did, I wish I could express myself so freely.

Ive just got to the point where I don't care what anyone thinks anymore... there are certain coats I have that I admit I have to "work up the courage" to go for a walk in.. like a full length fluffy lynx to me is more attention grabbing than say a coyote, raccoon, or beaver...  but in general.. I have no problem throwing on a raccoon or silver fox coat and stomping around the park... I even went skating last year at the duck pond in my coyote parka when it was -20... my fur walks have been drastically reduced so far this year..Ive only had 4 mornings in the last month where in my opinion its been cold enough to fur it... and the highs have been 7C+ for a few days, and will continue that way til the end of the week.. mid next week seems to turn back to more favorable raccoon and coyote conditions, but there is no snow.... to me snow and cold kind of "makes the fur season"

• Like 1

Compared to the previous encounters in the past with people and PETA enthusiasts, who would literally throw paint on you in the early 2000s, the reactions/responses now into the late 2020s are much more modernistic, to put into perspective.

I have worn my crystal fox coat last year SO MUCH (along with my entire crystal fox fur outfit), and got LOTS of sideways looks, side glares, surprised reactions, but none with any ill intention to cause me harm, or give me any trouble whatsoever!

I've also gotten so many compliments too, from other fur wearers, and non-fur wearers alike! If you must know what my crystal fox outfit is, I actually do have a picture of myself wearing the crystal fox fur outfit, outside my home train station.

To sum it all up, at the end of the day, NO ONE GIVES ANY FUCKS ABOUT WHAT YOU WEAR ON THE OUTSIDE, all that matters is what makes you feel comfortable, confident, stress-free, and uniquely you on the inside, is all that matters. And most of all, "love yourself, before you love others; you gotta love yourself first, 100% in order to start to love other people!" (a quote from Rap Monster, among the most famous Korean singer in the most famous Korean boy band, BTS)

Hope this helps you with your future endeavors in wearing fur out in public, FurSwede!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FurGodOfFurGods123 said:

Compared to the previous encounters in the past with people and PETA enthusiasts, who would literally throw paint on you in the early 2000s, the reactions/responses now into the late 2020s are much more modernistic, to put into perspective.

I have worn my crystal fox coat last year SO MUCH (along with my entire crystal fox fur outfit), and got LOTS of sideways looks, side glares, surprised reactions, but none with any ill intention to cause me harm, or give me any trouble whatsoever!

I've also gotten so many compliments too, from other fur wearers, and non-fur wearers alike! If you must know what my crystal fox outfit is, I actually do have a picture of myself wearing the crystal fox fur outfit, outside my home train station.

To sum it all up, at the end of the day, NO ONE GIVES ANY FUCKS ABOUT WHAT YOU WEAR ON THE OUTSIDE, all that matters is what makes you feel comfortable, confident, stress-free, and uniquely you on the inside, is all that matters. And most of all, "love yourself, before you love others; you gotta love yourself first, 100% in order to start to love other people!" (a quote from Rap Monster, among the most famous Korean singer in the most famous Korean boy band, BTS)

Hope this helps you with your future endeavors in wearing fur out in public, FurSwede!

This has been my experience as well. I get a lot of sideways glances and a few dirty stares wearing fur, but I don't get accosted by protesters.

The reality is people are going to judge no matter what you do. So be judged for something you like.

Yeah, i agree, suit the wearer, sod the starer i always say. No-one gives a toss anymore about the rights & wrongs of wearing real fur nowadays, they got more important shit to worry about. Keep it discreet & classy & you wont have a problem these days 

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, people might look or even stare in some kind of disgust, but why care. People judge for all stupid kinds of reasons. On the other hand it is heartwarming when you get sweet compliments for the fur you are wearing. The other week when I was at a piano bar on the Upper East Side in NYC this girl started chatting in the bar. She praised my chinchilla jacket and could not stop feeling it. 

• Like 2

It’s finally cold enough for me to justify wearing my fox coats but I just don’t have any place to wear them until at least a couple weeks from now when it’s my birthday. I’ll probably take along my new Indigo & black fox coat 

On 11/14/2023 at 11:53 PM, FurGodOfFurGods123 said:

I think you completely misunderstood me and my relationship with furs. I have no problem with wearing fur out and I don’t bother with other people’s thoughts. So I don’t need your “help”. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 3:50 PM, Panther10 said:

It’s finally cold enough for me to justify wearing my fox coats but I just don’t have any place to wear them until at least a couple weeks from now when it’s my birthday. I’ll probably take along my new Indigo & black fox coat 

This year I finally decided to wear mine EVERYWHERE. To pick my son up from school, his football games, basketball practice and food shopping. I definitely look overdressed, but if I only saved them for special occasions they’d never get worn. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Showgirl2017 said:

This year I finally decided to wear mine EVERYWHERE. To pick my son up from school, his football games, basketball practice and food shopping. I definitely look overdressed, but if I only saved them for special occasions they’d never get worn. 

This is the only way to normalize it. 😃

• Like 3

Oh I don’t disagree it’s just here in Chicago temps have been hovering around the 40’s for the most part due to this El Niño we’ve been seeing this winter. We’ve literally only had 3-4 days this entire season where temps have dropped into the teens during the day time. And the only two furs I have access too are my big lumbering Silver Fox Coat and my indigo/black fox which is a bit too formal looking to wear casually, but is much more lightweight. So I’m just waiting for temps to drop even further. Also it’s been very rainy and those aren’t optimal conditions for furs. In any other circumstances I would be wearing my furs everywhere all winter long. That’s what I used to do in previous years. But the conditions just aren’t quite optimal yet. Also my two formerly best casual coats that I had are gone now because I sold them this past spring to help pay off my indigo and black fox

• Like 2