Awesome day wrapped in Raccoon

WinnipegFur

Got to start work late today, so got in a nice 2 mile walk wrapped in full length raccoon, raccon hat, and silver fox mitts... it was dark when I arrived and was just breaking day light as I left.. so didnt have to deal with any of the anti fur critics..

Got off work early, so proceeded back to park and walked another 3 miles or so... the temperature had warmed up considerably to -10 now (sounds cold for most, but here in Winnipeg, that is quite warm right now with no wind)

Walked by a few people, you can sure "feel" the anti fur sentiment... one woman just had this look on her face as I walked by and gave a polite How are you... she just grunted good and kept on going...

Lots of people, no negative comments at all... but you could get the vibe from a few still..

Still can't believe that all year I have yet to see a single fur coat besides myself... and weve gone through some -30 stuff already...

So a good day, probably spent about 3.5 to 4 hours all wrapped up in fur!!

• Like 5

That's crazy they are like that there! You guys are sub zero for practically 3 months, crazy the mindset of fur being so awful when it's not plastics as faux is.

18 hours ago, dumbass45601 said:

That's crazy they are like that there! You guys are sub zero for practically 3 months, crazy the mindset of fur being so awful when it's not plastics as faux is.

Yep... we'll hit subzero mid October sometimes, but its pretty common by about Nov 11 thats the end of any chance of "nice weather" after that its just a matter of whats going to happen.

We had a nasty 10 day snap of -30s and -20Cs highs, but that broke right after Christmas and for the next 2 weeks its showing highs and lows right around the -10C mark...

I'll take it for sure, its still fur weather, but Ill probably revert to my beaver or coyote parka/jacket rather than full lengths.. mornings will still be good for full lengths, but with the sun up -8C I find full length just gets too warm mid afternoon in my opinion, especially if you are walking.. saying that, ill probably still go out wrapped in full length raccoon LOL 

So walking today, older husband and wife, and was met with a pleasant hello from the wife, and no grunts about the coat!