Funny Story: Dirty Fur Rug on Floor of Store - What Would You Do?

FurRugLover

Early this year during the last winter in January or early February, I visited a furniture store where there was a nice white (ivory) colored quarto size sheepskin rug on the floor.  As there were lots women visiting the store and because it was in the winter, the fur rug got trampled by lots of nice women's boots of different sorts: high heeled boots, riding boots, Ugg boots, etc.  Then I saw this young mother who looked between 28-31 years of age with her small boy.  When they stepped over the sheepskin rug, the mother - like most visitors - stopped to feel the fur with her hands.  The kid also felt the rug, then sat down on it and continued to run his hands through the fur, and then finally laid down on it and planted his face into the sheepskin.  Though the fur rug looked deceptively "clean", the mother, at this point yelled: "NO NO NO!!! It's dirty".  She then pulled him up, took out a wet wipe from her purse, and wiped his face and hands before finally taking out another wet wipe to wipe her own hands.  What would you do in this case if you were the mother of the kid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a public place.  Different manners are expected in public than at home, in private.

It's also important for parents and other adults to model good behavior in front of kids.  Whether we agree with telling the kid, "No! Dirty!," in a frightful voice or not (That's the parent's decision, not ours.) It was still right to pick the kid up and discourage that kind of thing in public.  It would also have been right to do so with a certain amount of discretion, appropriate in public.

Generally speaking, it seems like events took places as they should have.  I think it makes a cute story.  :)

If I was a bystander, I would have noticed as you did then I might have smiled, shrugged my shoulders and said, "Kids..."  😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FurRugLover said:

Early this year during the last winter in January or early February, I visited a furniture store where there was a nice white (ivory) colored quarto size sheepskin rug on the floor.  As there were lots women visiting the store and because it was in the winter, the fur rug got trampled by lots of nice women's boots of different sorts: high heeled boots, riding boots, Ugg boots, etc.  Then I saw this young mother who looked between 28-31 years of age with her small boy.  When they stepped over the sheepskin rug, the mother - like most visitors - stopped to feel the fur with her hands.  The kid also felt the rug, then sat down on it and continued to run his hands through the fur, and then finally laid down on it and planted his face into the sheepskin.  Though the fur rug looked deceptively "clean", the mother, at this point yelled: "NO NO NO!!! It's dirty".  She then pulled him up, took out a wet wipe from her purse, and wiped his face and hands before finally taking out another wet wipe to wipe her own hands.  What would you do in this case if you were the mother of the kid?

I’m dead. 😂

9 hours ago, Worker 11811 said:

If I was a bystander, I would have noticed as you did then I might have smiled, shrugged my shoulders and said, "Kids..."  😉

I should have done just that. 🙂

• Like 1

Side note: I can almost GUARANTEE that the kid mentioned has very likely developed a fur rug fetish (future "Fur Den" member in training? 😉 ).  I too, started in a similar way (see https://uggling.tumblr.com/about for my full story) and today, I even own two fur rugs - one quad sized sheepskin and one deerskin pelt - that were used on the floor of stores, both of which have been trampled by dirty shoes.  In addition, I also have a collection of other animal skins on the floor all over my apartment on which we just step on with our shoes.

Edited by FurRugLover
Typo, grammar

12 minutes ago, FurRugLover said:

Side note: I can almost GUARANTEE that the kid mentioned has very likely developed a fur rug fetish (future "Fur Den" member in training? 😉 ).  I too, started in a similar way (see https://uggling.tumblr.com/about for my full story) and today, I even own two fur rugs - one quad sized sheepskin and one deerskin pelt - that were used on the floor of stores, both of which have been trampled by dirty shoes.  In addition, I also have a collection of other animal skins on the floor all over my apartment on which we just step on with our shoes.

He has definitely developed one! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furfetishlover100 said:

He has definitely developed one! 

In my case, I developed a fetish for fur rugs (and women's shoes on fur rugs) at around the same age.  It was from being told that shoes are dirty, that you should NEVER touch the bottom of your shoes, and that shoes should NEVER go on the bed or the furniture. Then I saw for the first time, a fur rug on the floor of a store (I think it was a fox fur patchwork rug) that seemed so soft and as clean as a bed, yet visitors and employees were walking all over it in their shoes while at the same time, you were expected to keep your shoes off the furniture; I developed a fur rug fetish almost immediately. 

I have been told by several ADULTS that they too, have also developed the same fetish after reading my own story (mentioned at https://uggling.tumblr.com/about).

PS: I have attached a couple of photos - first one was taken at a furniture store several years ago, the second one is of a deerskin rug that was once used on the floor of a store (mentioned in the link), now in my collection at home.

104474120_208743123589445_3162251584166960334_n.jpg

35187035536_edd1e4694e_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...