Chicago

a_man_of_many_foxes

I live in downtown Chicago. It was our first cold weekend of the year. Went to a nice steakhouse and counted at least a dozen fur coats of various styles. Fur has always been a big part of Chicago but it seems like it’s back, bigger than ever this year! Just wanted to post some positivity.

• Like 6

What were the age ranges out of curiosity? We’re they all like 64+ or did some ladies look like they were 40 and under? Hoping that this is a trend universally!

Where I am, it’s dropped to the mid 30s in the evenings so hoping to see more furs out at events…especially the wife’s! 

• Like 1

I would say more young or middle aged folks were wearing fur actually! There was one older lady in a full length mink but I would say everyone else was between 20 and 50. Very nice to see

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its been cold here in north Louisiana lately... I wore my Long brown fur coat yesterday,  absolutely loved it..

I haven't seen anyone else in furs lately....I don't goto the big city very much either.... 

I will wear my long fur again soon to the big city..

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 5:05 PM, paul2809 said:

Its been cold here in north Louisiana lately... I wore my Long brown fur coat yesterday,  absolutely loved it..

I haven't seen anyone else in furs lately....I don't goto the big city very much either.... 

I will wear my long fur again soon to the big city..

Europe calling. Is Lousiana fur terrain? I imagine it being generally too warm.

We are still waiting for the winter here...

500 miles north in WInnipeg where its colder, I have seen nothing... granted as much as we have snow, the temps have been hovering well above average...its actually going to +6C today and 4 tomorrow before it drops back to -12 highs and -20s lows... even at that point Ill rarely see any coats.. the other day when it was below zero I had a nice walk in the park in my raccoon coat and hat, been out a few times, but its definately been warmer than usual... 

I live near Milwaukee so just north of you.  I love going down to the Magnificent Mile around Christmas time to walk to shops and see all the furs!

9 hours ago, minkme said:

Redman27, are there\ many furs to be seen in Milwaukee? I will be going there in the fall

Depends where you go?   Downtown is hit or miss but the weather for sure is prime fur wearing weather.