Why is fox fur the preferred fur type by many men?

fur MAN plus

In reading several posts by  members, I notice that fox is often the preference of men.  It is much softer than raccoon, and it is not as heavy.  Were I to invest in a new fur coat, I think I would choose fox as well.  Reading from Fur Den members has influenced me positively.  I am attracted to the looks they have achieved.  

• Like 1

I can’t talk for other men, but for me it is a preference that have many reasons. First let me say this, I am a heterosexual male, and my preference are to watch and see women in furs. Just saying that to make it clear where I am coming from. First I love how fluffy fox fur usually looks. It is in my eyes very feminine and sex. The other thing that did probably made me feel the way I do, is that for most of my youth all mink furs I did see was worn by women of my grandparents age. And the foxes was worn by women my mom’s age ore younger. And whenever I did see any women my own age wear fur it nearly always was a fox fur, or if not it so clearly was there granny’s mink that did not suit them in size or style.

very important to make it clear this is my view. And probably not the reason why most men do love fox fur it seems.

• Like 1

I see a goodly number of men on this site who wear fox.  I guess it is the trend.  As an older man (I am 75), I probably would not feel comfortable wearing  a glorious fox car coat or full-length fur on the street here in northwest Washington, DC, which is a very staid community.  If I were younger and more flamboyant and traveling in a set of other gay men, I might try it, but not on my own.  I would feel foolish.  It  would not be appropriate.   After all,  I am not top banana in the shock department.

Thank you for posting your comment.

I am also a lover of mink  as well as some muskrat.  The weight of some muskrat coats and the stiff guard hairs make them desirable for play.

I photographed the glorious sable coat that you posted recently.  Wow!  It looks exciting beyond belief.  Thanks for sharing.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:13 PM, fur MAN plus said:

I see a goodly number of men on this site who wear fox.  I guess it is the trend.  As an older man (I am 75), I probably would not feel comfortable wearing  a glorious fox car coat or full-length fur on the street here in northwest Washington, DC, which is a very staid community.  If I were younger and more flamboyant and traveling in a set of other gay men, I might try it, but not on my own.  I would feel foolish.  It  would not be appropriate.   After all,  I am not top banana in the shock department.

Thank you for posting your comment.

I’m a big fan of blue fox fur dyed to black, it’s a more subtle way to wear fox.  The longer haired fox fur is still bulkier in comparison to shorter haired furs commonly used for mens fur garments like mink or beaver, but to me it’s no bulkier than a winter puffer jacket. Once you’re up close or under certain light, it’s immediately clear to anyone you’ve got a huge fur on which is a fun surprise (to me at least!) 

In terms of fox, most men usually wear fox only for trapper hats. Wolverine front paws or beaver and wolf or wolverine and wolf are for mens parka ruffs. For mitts, it's usually beaver or land otter.