Is a custom cat fur coat possible?

Trepid

This post is not a joke but I am wanting this coat for comical reasons. I'm wondering if there might be a furrier who is able to obtain domesticated or feral cat skin/pelts and sew it into a coat for motorcycle riding? I'd also like the head, tail and legs all left on so they just dangle down.

• Like 1

It might be difficult to get a custom one made but could be possible.  I have several cat coats, and it's a wonderful fur.  I'd love to have one with all the paws and tails still on - sounds like a great idea!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Count me in. I have several but I've aquired them quite some time ago. These days its very rare to find a pelt. My phantasy would be to choose them and be made to pelts.

• Like 3

Wonderful idea of see a community of cat fur lovers. Surely this is very beautiful and soft choice of wear all types of cats furs from domestic or savage cats... Oh yeah choose their cats who finish into fur coat become a beautiful and relaxing experience... sounds cruel but necessary !!!

Iv’e always wanted a tigerskin coat, but there extremely rare. Dunno about domestic cats though, i love moggies. No problems with other fur bearers, thier fair game 

I understand find tigerskin is so difficult and surely the price also by the rarity. I prefer tiger, leopard for home decoration especially rug in living room or bedroom. I have a friend from Greece who work in antiquity and geology, she have a tiger fur coat, vintage but beautiful I never stroke this...

I have a other friend who sale me this mink around two years, she not wear fur often now but the only coat she wear is a gift of this father, a beautiful leopard fur coat, I find this one absolutely gorgeous and very elegant...

Furriers themselves don’t really dress or tan the pelts. A fur farm typically does that and then sells the skin in a lot at auction to Master Furriers via Saga Furs in Scandinavia or NAFTA in USA/Canada. So fur salons and boutiques are really nothing more than retail shops that can offer custom made designs based on furs they are already in possession of. But a person can’t just request a few dozen local feral cat pelts right off the street to be dressed and turned into a coat or jacket of your liking.

Besides, feral cats tend to have a lot of illnesses and skin conditions that tend to affect their fur. It would honestly be like having a fur coat made out of a mutilated rat that had rabies. Not sure why you would find that appealing. 

Civet is probably the only commercial choice for "cat" fur.  One does not see it often. 

Will bobcat or lynx suffice?

Yes I understand you, this is difficult of find types of furs especially from animals not used often or animals become rarely...

Lynx or bobcat is different but don't forget the lippi cat too, honestly I have a preference for bobcat, the design is beautiful and this fur is soft. I love belly Lynx especially for this beauty and softness... Much Big cat have the same honor of become beautiful fur !!!

We had a tigerskin rug years ago, the fur  was coarse and flat like cow hair.. i love the patterning though, would love to see your friends tiger coat.. any chance of a pic? i like unusual furs. What about the jaguar minks? They are black & white & cat like. & no cats were harmed in the process. Leopard coats come up now & again but they can be expensive. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks, sorry for the late response....kinda forgot that I posted something here in the 1st place. Well I  like a lot of cats, but domestic cat is a special thing for me because it usually isn't an animal you turn into fur wich turns me on. I've got 2 leopards that are nice to look at but not as nice to feel. For cat on the other hand....its very nice to feel - I would compare it to rabbit but a lot more sturdy for the job if you get my drift. 10 years ago you could get cat furs on flea markets but it became more and more rare. Nowadays you can count yourself lucky if you find a coat or jacket. Most of the time its civet or lippy cat then. So far I've established quite a collection with 4 fl coats and around 5 jackets. Ive also got a big civet blanket of 2 square meters.

Anyone else that understands the kink of a "forbidden pelt" to use on yourself? 😉

• Like 1

Yes, I love it. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that it takes so many cats to make the coat you're wearing and that they had to give up their pelts solely for your pleasure 🙂

• Like 2