What Do Stores Do With Old/Used Fur Rugs?

FurRugLover

I have seen quite a few stores with fur rugs on their floors that get stepped on by visitors in their shoes and boots after coming in from the streets.  Furs rugs are mostly cowhides, large sheepskins, and deer skins, but I have also seen alpaca rugs, llama rugs, zebra skins, horse hides, bearskins, and fox furs placed on floors of stores for anyone to step on.  Also, I know that many UGG stores used to have large 8-pelt sheepskin rugs on their floors but many are no longer seen in stores, and IKEA stores occasionally place their white quad sheepskins and cowhides on floors. 

Although I was able to acquire an old black tailed deerskin and a quad sized sheepskin rug that had been used on store floors, I have been wondering what do stores (or any workplace such as an office) do with their old fur rugs when they change their decor.  Do they throw them out?  Or sell them somewhere (perhaps through a third party to protect the identity of the store)?  Or donate them?  Or send them back to the company where merchandise returns go (if it's a big company...and is this case, what do they do with it upon receipt?)?

Edited by FurRugLover
Typo, grammar