I’ve decided to sell my blue fox

Panther10

Hey everyone. I’ve hit a series of serious financial setbacks since I haven’t been able to find work since the start of this pandemic and it’s getting pretty dire. I already owe my furrier $5,000 to help pay for a new coat, a pair of stoles and a hat. Payment on those particular items have stalled since February and now they are on the verge of shutting down my account if those payments cannot be made. 

What makes this even more dire is that recently I decided to invest in a couple of special projects that were to be developed by my furrier. Specifically a pair of ball gowns. One of these dresses is an oversized bridal gown with some fox fur accessories that is meant for Comic Con (the aforementioned stoles, along with possibly a jacket, hat and purse for alternate styles) and the second dress is something that is being developed for my upcoming 40th birthday next year and is still in the planning stages. 

So bottom line is that I can’t afford to get my account closed at this time. Too many projects are on the table. I’m already selling off some older pieces but the process is slow, so I’ve decided to sell off the blue fox fur coat I wore in Alaska. Because I need to invest in these gowns, this won’t be cheap; in fact I’m kind of looking to turn a profit so please bear that in mind if you wish to commit to buying it. 

all of you would be doing me a huge service if you helped me get out of these financial entanglements. They have become too much of a burden to bear and no 9-5 job can support them anymore. 

the price for my blue fox is going to start at $7500 obo. It’s a mens size 50 or 4xl-5xl so it is plenty roomy. And it is 58” long from the shoulders. Feel free to drop me a line if you are interested 

C958CAA3-709F-42B4-A3C5-F2371D9BDD85.jpeg

368BC9C3-D78D-4BC3-BB21-14E4B6521A75.jpeg

• Like 1

simply wow to this stunning piece, a spectacular blue fox fur coat. I hope it will find a new home soon and fingers crossed to you @Panther10 you will get some decent job you would like

2 hours ago, furlondon said:

simply wow to this stunning piece, a spectacular blue fox fur coat. I hope it will find a new home soon and fingers crossed to you @Panther10 you will get some decent job you would like

Unfortunately in this case it’s not a matter of me not able to find a job, it’s the fact that I’m not allowed to work because I’m immuno compromized. I’ve gotten 5 doses of the vaccine and my doctors still don’t want me to be around people too much. Especially since these new variants of Covid are vaccine evasive. So that means one more year of staying isolated at home for the most part and only venturing out when necessary.  So that means I have to earn money from home, and while I regret having to sell this blue fox, I do have other fox coats that I wear with more frequency. And I may even buy another blue fox down the road when I’m more financially secure. But right now I need cash to clear out my debts and I know this coat was always really popular around here. So hopefully someone will snag it at this price. 

• Like 2

I hate to break it to you, but furs do no appreciate, they depreciate. And they certainly do not appreciate to almost double the value!

On 6/30/2022 at 8:54 PM, Fox said:

I hate to break it to you, but furs do no appreciate, they depreciate. And they certainly do not appreciate to almost double the value!

As I said in the opening of this thread, I have debts that need to be paid off and I am on the verge of losing my customer account with my local furrier. if I can't pay off my current slate of orders within next couple of months, which total to $5000, then I will never be allowed to shop there again. And I also have these gowns that I would like them to produce for me, but I need to clear these older orders out of the way first. So at this juncture, I don't care what the rules are for the monetary value of furs are. I'm in the middle of an emergency here and I need the funds. Period.

17 hours ago, Fox said:

It's not our fault that you took on more than you could chew. Sell your furs accordingly.

And what pray tell, would you consider a fair price? Only a few measly hundred dollars so you can afford it? Because you can forget about me shipping this sucker to Hawaii. This is a 40 lbs fur coat. The size and the weight of this box alone will cost hundreds of dollars just to ship it out within the continental USA so I’m not selling this for pennies on the dollar no matter how much you protest. So I’m sorry but I’m not going to take your advice. I don’t have much to sell at the moment.

I have 10 items on ebay. Most of them are small dollar accessories like hats, hand muffs and purses and are not likely to sell at all, simply because accessories are less popular than coats on eBay in my experience. So the best way for me to make money is to sell the only two coats that I have for as much as possible with minimal risk. I only have 60 days to salvage my account so I have to rely on someone with good taste and plenty of cash to spare in order to move this thing. 

Another little tidbit is that I may have purchased my fur for $4000, but that is no way indicative of the actual value of the garment. I received a 60% discount at checkout because I’m a longtime shopper at my fur store. I always get that discount no matter what I purchase from this shop. So the value of the fur when the pelts were procured is much higher than that which I paid at the register. And since this fur has only been worn a handful of times in the last 4 years, its depreciation value is still greater than that of the retail value.

so again I’m sorry if this one sale is upsetting the apple cart according to your precious little doctrine, but there are too many extenuating circumstances that are going to keep me from selling this below a dollar amount that I’m comfortable with. 

1 hour ago, Furrix said:

Okay first of all, that was incredibly rude. All I’m trying to do is sell my stuff for personal reasons. That’s the whole point of this board in the first place. And I’d bet you anything that if you tried undermining any other persons sales on this board by advertising goods that aren’t even being provided or produced by a member of this community, you’d be banned for your outright flagrant toxic behavior. 

Second of all, there is nothing “palpably narcissistic” about me trying to earn money so I can clear debts that have stalled since last year. I may not care for people who take potshots at me because I’m desperate, but that doesn’t make me narcissistic. It makes me fed up and intolerant to bullies. If this coat isn’t your cup of tea then just leave me alone and let me make my sale in peace. 

Well to give my 2 cents if someone wants to sell he can ask any price he wants, whether it's realistic that's another story but I believe it only shows responsibility and courage to be willing to make sacrifices to pay off debts. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fox said:

Okay, apparently this point has to be made again, but my blue fox is a 5x. The amount of skins that are used in my fur are far more numerous than the one listed above. That coat is just a 2x. It has a larger sweep but that’s just because the skins are wider at the bottom. Here are the official measurements of my blue fox

Length with collar: 68”

Length without collar: 58”

shoulders: 21” from seam to seam 27” from edge to edge 

sleeves: 35” from nape of neck to cuff, 31” from shoulder seam to cuff

bust: 66”

hips 74” 

sweep 86”

skins needed for this fur including collar: 26

my max weight was almost 300 lbs this past winter and I still had ample room in this fur for at least two of me in that blue fox. For the sake of comparison, outside of the enormous sweep and collar, the platinum fox you listed is barely bigger than my old black fox, which also was 52” long and had  54” bust. And I could barely squeeze into that fur when my weight exceeded 220 lbs. The blue fox next to it was roughly the same size. 

779292EA-5E3C-4614-91A4-94EB08026CE4.jpeg

CD8D7A8A-19F7-4FC3-939D-ABD82619C176.jpeg

E407A373-B1E5-49B6-8A6F-1B8DD3370DEF.jpeg

Just let the poor dude sell his dream and shut the fuck up about things you don't like about it. It,s not like you are forced to buy it for crying out loud.

• Thanks 1

I'll be honest, this thread is the most aggressive example of people talking past each other I've seen in a while. If I could make a few points here.

1). Being snarky when offering feedback just comes across as petty and self-congratulatory. You are not helping anyone taking that tone.

2). @Panther10 I mean this in the most polite and constructive way possible. What people are trying to say is you can get a lot of fur for $7500. I'm a 5'6" woman, for me what you're selling here is not a coat, it's a tent. I could have at least two or three full length foxes custom made in my size for that money. I am guessing a lot of the guys here are in the same boat. I totally sympathize with your situation and I wish you the best, but charging that much for something most people couldn't really use as outerwear is a bit unrealistic. If you drop the price a few thousands and charged shipping I'm sure some generous soul would be willing to help you out. At your current price the value for money just is not there. I'm sorry people are being jerks to you about this, but that's just the truth of the matter.

13 hours ago, SlyRoxy said:

I'll be honest, this thread is the most aggressive example of people talking past each other I've seen in a while. If I could make a few points here.

1). Being snarky when offering feedback just comes across as petty and self-congratulatory. You are not helping anyone taking that tone.

2). @Panther10 I mean this in the most polite and constructive way possible. What people are trying to say is you can get a lot of fur for $7500. I'm a 5'6" woman, for me what you're selling here is not a coat, it's a tent. I could have at least two or three full length foxes custom made in my size for that money. I am guessing a lot of the guys here are in the same boat. I totally sympathize with your situation and I wish you the best, but charging that much for something most people couldn't really use as outerwear is a bit unrealistic. If you drop the price a few thousands and charged shipping I'm sure some generous soul would be willing to help you out. At your current price the value for money just is not there. I'm sorry people are being jerks to you about this, but that's just the truth of the matter.

I understand your criticisms, and as constructive as they are, please see it from my perspective: if I were to take peoples advice here and sell this coat at a depreciated value of $1500 or $2500 today, and I hand that check over to my furrier, then I’m still waking up to the threat of my account being shut down within the next 50 or so days from now. If I do that, then I’m still only 1/5th of the way there and the only thing that might potentially get me over that finish line are a handful of hats, two purses, two muffs and a crystal fox coat that I  have been trying to sell for the last 4 years that no one seems to even nibble on, and costs on that fur continue to climb because I still have to put it into cold storage for annual cleaning and conditioning every off season. 

So bottom line is I have no choice here. I have to sell off this fur at a higher price, by hook or by crook within a limited time frame or my number is up. This is my most desperate hour. I don’t know how many times that needs to be explained. Standard rules do not apply when things are this dire.

If I lose my account at this furrier, there are maybe two Chicago based furriers left in this city and they are not within driving distance from me. Hell most of them are closer to the Indiana state border than where I am in the northernmost suburbs that’s just technically beyond the metro area. So it’s not like I can go to these places and establish a rapport with the staff or go for fittings when I make my next purchase. So my chances of finding my next fur that is built to my liking drops significantly, if they want to deal with me at all.

As a big and tall guy, I’m never an easy customer to shop for. Doesn’t matter if I’m purchasing a pair of jeans, or a t-shirt, or a suit or a fur coat. I can’t fit into off the rack stuff. So I am wholly dependent on my ability to walk into my local furrier and make  my next in person custom order, get my measurements taken and wait 8-10 months for that order to be paid off in a typical year. In 2020 because of the pandemic, things obviously became too chaotic and I had no way to make money in that period and too many projects were on the table that had to be either postponed or outright scrapped, and the ones that survived eventually stalled completely. Which is where I am today. 

So to bottom line all of this: I either save my account or I have to abandon this hobby forever because I will be cast out. 

Edited by Panther10

1 hour ago, Panther10 said:

I understand your criticisms, and as constructive as they are, please see it from my perspective: if I were to take peoples advice here and sell this coat at a depreciated value of $1500 or $2500 today, and I hand that check over to my furrier, then I’m still waking up to the threat of my account being shut down within the next 50 or so days from now. If I do that, then I’m still only 1/5th of the way there and the only thing that might potentially get me over that finish line are a handful of hats, two purses, two muffs and a crystal fox coat that I  have been trying to sell for the last 4 years that no one seems to even nibble on, and costs on that fur continue to climb because I still have to put it into cold storage for annual cleaning and conditioning every off season. 

So bottom line is I have no choice here. I have to sell off this fur at a higher price, by hook or by crook within a limited time frame or my number is up. This is my most desperate hour. I don’t know how many times that needs to be explained. Standard rules do not apply when things are this dire.

Totally get that, the point I'm trying to make is you are very unlikely to find a buyer at that price. I can relate to the size issues - my build is a bit slender for my height so finding a fur I can comfortably wear out means either lucking into something that runs small or getting something custom made. The reality we both deal with for having unusual builds is reselling our furs is difficult because the average person couldn't wear them.

Honestly it seems like your best move here would be to drop the price to get the fur sold, even if that is just kicking the can down the road. You'll probably have to scale back on the hobby until you're on your feet again. To be blunt, I think the reason you're getting so much push back is because the optics on this is very "cover my debts." I get that isn't what you're intending, you are in a desperate situation and need the cash. The problem is that coat just doesn't make sense at that price for the vast majority of people. You might get lucky and find a buyer at that price but the odds are slim. I would not bet on it if I were you.

Again, if I lose my account at this store, there is no “waiting until I get back on my feet to buy another fur” at this store. I’ll be prohibited from shopping there anymore if this goes south. Their corporate offices are at their wits end with my delays to the point where I’m getting weekly phone calls as to when the next check will come along with a fresh warning if payments don’t arrive on time. I’m officially screwed if I kick the can down the road. That’s a cyanide pill.

so I don’t care if the price of this coat rubs people the wrong way. I don’t care if it’s too expensive than most people are comfortable with. I don’t care for constructive criticisms and I don’t care for the harassment I’m getting from other people on here. I just have to sell this fucking coat so I don’t lose everything else!

Honestly with the financial stress I’m under, it feels like I have a tidal wave looming over me and the only thing standing between me and a safe haven is a picket line of people who’d rather bar me from getting the help that I need rather than let me through to safety. It’s absolutely infuriating to be met with these kinds of responses from like minded hobbyists that I’ve known for years. I have no more options left and I have no place else to go

If you are safe & healthy with a roof over your head and have access to food, water, and a shower, you've got little to complain about in today's reality. Your fur is a luxury and quite frankly, probably too much of one by the sound of it. We all get in over our head at some point. Maybe this ordeal can be thought of as a lesson? I wish you the best, however most other folks on this planet have true trauma to deal with. 

• Like 5