Uk scene

Southcoastfurlover

Hi I'm a long time fur enthusuast based on the south coast UK and wondering if there is anybody else out there in the UK ?

• Like 2

Hi there up in Scotland. Own around 30 lady's fox fur coats and jackets. What about you? Always open to chatting on here or on Skype where my name is also coastfur

• Like 2

I own about a dozen or so coats, mainly rabbit as a personal preference but have mink and fox too. 

• Like 1

Hi , Hampshire here.

Bit bloody warm at the mo and no air con. Still have some small tippets and collars for this weather to play with.

• Like 2

Hot here in the US but dont care. going to enjoy theses soft 

pelts all over my body with no fucks to give 😉

wish I had someone to play in them with and get hot as hell 

• Like 1

I'm in Dorset, where do you source your furs ? I have a friend who manages a charity shop who let's me buy them direct as they just can't sell them. 

Edited by Southcoastfurlover

8 hours ago, Southcoastfurlover said:

I'm in Dorset, where do you source your furs ? I have a friend who manages a charity shop who let's me buy them direct as they just can't sell them. 

Usaly just places like Esty, or Ebay. I have found some very amazing deals at the local Fur storage and repair holding In Oklahoma City. They have many that come up for sale when others do not pay their storage cost or just never get back in touch with them. Found a 4x Blue fox once with huge oversized sleeves and collar. LOVE IT to this day. its only 3/4 Length but omg the pelts are so thick and full and only cost around $450. USD

• Like 2

I wonder just how thin on the ground we are, Fur is just so non PC here in the UK nowadays. But that makes it more of a challenge to find the best furs. 

I'm up in Manchester, 

can only say fur is dying a slow lingering death. over the last 40 years iv'e noticed it diminishing year on year. must be two or more years since i saw anyone wearing a real fur 

coat. the generation that wore real fur is dying off, warmer winters haven't helped either. there are only a handful of furriers left now, and most are of retiring age.

the BFTA and IFTF are trying thier best to keep things going, but it's an uphill struggle to interest people in fur., there is a niche market for real fur, and of the furriers i know are 

doing ok.  iv'e had most furs over the years, but mainly have fur blankets nowadays. 

• Like 2

In the Netherlands it comes and goes in waves. In the 70's many people were wearing fur. In the 80's I hardly saw any even though in the US it was at its peak. Second half of the 90's it was back, but now it's declining again. 

• Sad 1

On 6/17/2022 at 8:47 AM, Southcoastfurlover said:

Hi I'm a long time fur enthusuast based on the south coast UK and wondering if there is anybody else out there in the UK ?

hi im from the uk

Despite the decline of people being willing to wear it in public, people still secretly love the feel of real fur. It may sound crazy but when I wear real fur I feel invigorated, like I am fully alive.  I love the soft coney and have a fox and white mink. We went to a shop in Notting Hill, London last summer that had loads of real fur for sale. In the countryside where we live nobody really cares..  

yes, i think there will always be a niche for real fur, and people are using it more in private, as in homewares, blankets, cushions, throws, bedcovers etc. 

furriers are realizing this, i have had a few mink coats remade into bedspreads. very eco friendly. 

Coats may be socially unacceptable, but blankets and teddy bears seem to be acceptable uses for used fur coats as do fur linings, especially when sheared, they can look like a fake and not draw hate. The problem  is finding furriers to do the work. They are understandably a dying breed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi to all my fellow countrymen & women,

I live in NW London, you see the occasional Fur here and there in the centre but sad to say Fur is quite rear here. There are very few Furriers hidden away but prices are quite high. I remember going to Gale Furs to buy my first Fur coat in Primrose Hill, went into the basement where i was surrounded with some amazing Furs which was extremely overwhelming. My friend got me to try one on and it was heaven, did not want to take it off. An experience i'll never forget.

Visited London earlier this week with a few colleagues to do a course. Wore my new mink-lined bomber for the journey 🙂 Was the perfect item for the semi-cold, dry weather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...