Feminine coats for men?

Silverfoxman

8 minutes ago, Panther10 said:

Well if that’s the case, your best bet is to go with the biggest size possible fit that you can find. Even if you only wear a large in a men’s, find a store that carries ladies furs a size 20-28 or can make them in that size because that will be the only way to find a fur that fits you comfortably and consistently well from season to season. But it still gives you the ideal shape that you love. Also if you are still in your mid twenties then it’s important to remember that you’re not going to be trim and thin forever. Your body will continue to grow and change from now until the time that you are well into your 50’s. So don’t buy a coat for the weight and shape you are now because that will inevitably not fit you sooner rather than later. Find something that is 3 sizes up or one size fits all, and you will be much happier long term because you not only have a fur that’s always classy or timeless, but it will always fit you. 

Ok... i will check everywhere but it makes me very sad 😭

You could always take a photograph on your phone of your favorite fur design and then just tell the furrier “I would like to have this exact fur made for me in a larger size. How much would it cost to have one custom made?”

just take a chance and see what they say. Trust me it will work out just fine. I’ve been wearing furs for 15 years now and those were the first intermediate steps that I took. I started with ladies coats, but after 5 years really couldn’t find a fit that was suitable for me. Wound up wearing my first men’s fur about a decade ago and that held up until I finally decided to get a custom made fur that was one size fits all and I’ve never been happier 

46 minutes ago, Panther10 said:

You could always take a photograph on your phone of your favorite fur design and then just tell the furrier “I would like to have this exact fur made for me in a larger size. How much would it cost to have one custom made?”

just take a chance and see what they say. Trust me it will work out just fine. I’ve been wearing furs for 15 years now and those were the first intermediate steps that I took. I started with ladies coats, but after 5 years really couldn’t find a fit that was suitable for me. Wound up wearing my first men’s fur about a decade ago and that held up until I finally decided to get a custom made fur that was one size fits all and I’ve never been happier 

Okay, i will see but the vast majority of the coats I want can be found only on online stores.

2 hours ago, IrotCave said:

Okay, i will see but the vast majority of the coats I want can be found only on online stores.

If I may ask, what shops have you been looking at?

6 hours ago, Panther10 said:

If I may ask, what shops have you been looking at?

I made a topic to know other shops than the ones I already know. I listed them all above.

• 1 month later...

This a good topic. And I wondered about it for great part of time, I mean about buying it. Unforrtunately mens furs are much rariest to buy in my opinion, and also with  much higher prices. So I accept the fact, that is nothing wrong to own and wear in my apartement womens furs.

Like @IrotCave sayed, I also don't wear it public, because I'm afraid about people reaction. I'm not live in super tolerant city (I don't mind it), and also there is no culture of mens wearing even mens furs in my country. So even if I had mens coat, nothing it changed. I don't mind it). Maybe if I had mens coat, maybe it change, who knows.

1 hour ago, paul2809 said:

I've learned when looking for buying womens furs, always go up 1 to 2 sizes depending on physical body size...

That's why I took my measurements, to be able to compare with women's sizes and find the good one for me.

2 hours ago, IrotCave said:

That's why I took my measurements, to be able to compare with women's sizes and find the good one for me.

Just be careful with translating those measurements because even if you wear the equivalent of a women’s size 12 for example, that might not indicate the size you need, it’s just the size you are. So look for something larger in order to estimate the appropriate fit. Like I said before, the measurements in the shoulders, hips, back and bust will all change the further up in size that you go. And it’s important for the sleeves to be the correct length as well. The best way to determining the correct sleeve fit is that it should extend from the base of the neck and extend all the way to the hemline in the cuff, which  should end at the second knuckle at your thumb. So if you have a 30” sleeve, a coat with a 24” sleeve will be too short and won’t fit correctly. The space inside for your elbow will be in the wrong spot, the sleeve will stop at your forearm…it’s a mess trust me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All my fur coats are women's coat, albeit more to the unisex style. Sizewise one just have to try and see what fits. For me it helps being a slender guy, 5'11" about 160lbs.