Might aswell let the good news flow

Earendil

Well I ditched the first fox coat I was considering after good advice from all of you. I was blinded by excitement, but my senses got to me in time.

Just sent Joe a PM of what I bought instead, but though I might as well share it everyone else to hear what you think of it.

So here it is!

My new full length white fox coat with hood (extra collar being added!)

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

It is being custom made as we speak, with a few modifications of my choosing Even bigger sleeves, and a big collar to go with the hood.

Brand spanking new!

I think I am going to have quite a few memorable moments with this coat and the girl who will wear it

Once again, thanks for advising me everyone!

(Delivery within 3 weeks! YAAHOOO!!!)

Wow, that looks amazing as it is and with your alterations it must be heaven! I think you definately made the right decision going for this one instead of the first one. Three looong weeks now eh?

What a beautiful coat, E! Enjoy!

I think I am going to have quite a few memorable moments with this coat and the girl who will wear it YAAHOOO!!!)

Uhhhh . . . The last I heard you were cryin' the blues, man - ! All I have to say is, Wow! You are one resilient dude!

wonderful coat, i like the slimming cut of it too! is that from oliverfurs on ebay? i've gotten a few things from them and they are great to work with.

Hi,

Great coat congrats man. I have a white fox. I find its my warmest coat and I only wear it on days that are less then 20F.

Furup

What a beautiful coat, E! Enjoy!

I think I am going to have quite a few memorable moments with this coat and the girl who will wear it YAAHOOO!!!)

Uhhhh . . . The last I heard you were cryin' the blues, man - ! All I have to say is, Wow! You are one resilient dude!

Indeed, but time is better spent hoping for new pleasures in life than crying over lost ones, no? Alas, it still hurts.

The girl i was referring to though, well.. She's hopefully in the future somewhere, although I do not yet know who she is She'll be lucky to wear that though lol

Great buy Earendil

I really think you did the right thing (1500$ for a second hand coat and the lady thinks she can get even more - lets see how much she can get now ) and this wonderful white coat WOW

Have fun my friend (you or your lucky lady ).

PokerAce

Earendil,

I think you made a wonderful decision. Good for you!

I can't wait to see a picture of you in this incredible fur!

Poor White Fox. I know this has to be a dream fur for you!

Linda

Yes, I did and she had nothing to my extreme liking at the moment. Remember, this coat is made from scratch to my exact specifications and alterations, using only the best of pelts. For every step, they send me pics to review and then shape it exactly the way I want it. It's a my inner furlovers dream come to life, with no detail left to chance!

Don't get me wrong, purple has great stuff, but I feel she is a bit expensive. And she did not have what I was after

I'm getting what I consider to be an awesome coat at a great price. Same coat new in Norway would probably cost an extra 1500 dollars. Besides, what I get back on taxes this year will cover the coat + more, so it's not really a big deal for me.

Remember, quality is priceless

Earendil,

Several of my customers have also done business with Oliver. They speak highly of him.

I am certin he will do a good job for you.

This has to be sooo.. exciting!

Linda

Good job Earendil!!

Like Linda, I too can vouch for Olivier as well. He is a super fellow and I know he will do his best to accomodate you where possible.

He custom made for me a chinchilla rex rabbit jacket to my specs about 4 years ago and it's just super! I asked for a large size 50 jacket fully fur lined inside and out with rex pelts, and also with a full fur hood. He did some incredible workmanship on it for sure.

Considering the fact too that I am 3000 miles away from him and unable to be right there to model for it, I can attest to the quality. At the time of purchase, he only charged me $1,400.00 to produce the jacket. Taking into account there are probably over 100+ rex pelts used to make this garment and given the time needed to sew the whole thing together, I don't know if he made much of a profit on me. But man alive, does this jacket look good and feel even better with all that fur hugging the ol' bod.

Have fun with your new fur. I hope it makes you (or whomever wears it), tremble with shear delight!

-ROB

Robin,

You coat sounds wonderful, too. I wish that Rex had the respect tht is due it.

Crystalman,

With you be right there in Toronto, you are so lucky to have someone that you can work directly with like Purple.

I am certain she appreciates your business and your loyalty.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Fox will always be my number one fan and I wish the best for Earendil on his new fur coat. But rex rabbit is number two on my list. I have amassed close to 20 different garments featuring rex fur in coats, jackets, ponchos, wraps, collars, hats, knitted boas, etc. and find them all to be just heavenly without the high price tag.

You are right to note that this fur is super to use and is down played way to much. Probably because everyone gets pretty much stuck on chinchilla and thats all fine. Chinchilla is soft and pretty, but darned expensive too! Rex can be pretty as well and can be made into just about anything and in any color variation you can imagine. While some may think it's a 'cheap' fur, they ought to try owning some of the stuff and maybe they will change their minds. Why not have some garments in Rex to wear for fun knowing the abuse it can handle, while the top-end furs can be worn for better occasions and make them last a little longer?

Rex doesn't shed (contrary to what some may think..), and wears like crazy. The hide on the pelts are so good and strong, they won't bust loose like dainty chinchilla will and the fur won't fade out to yellowish color in just a few short years like chin can and often does (..sorry chin lovers -just an observation here). Plus rex won't break the bank.

I have bought a number of high quality pelts for as little as $20 bucks each, and can sew them myself without too much trouble. Just try that with chinchilla. And Linda, I loved seeing your black knitted rex jacket for sale. What a deal! Folks are missing out if they don't at least include some rex garments in their fur line-up.

My wish is to one day have a complete king sized bedspread made in chinchilla-style rex rabbit and I also want a pair of rex fur pants made to go with the one jacket I spoke of earlier. As with all fur, we know its all about budget and personal taste. My hope is that others will realize that rex is good stuff too and next to chinchilla, is the next softest fur out there. Feeling is believing.

My furry best, ROB