NEW PETA TACTIC

Guest touchofsable

We received a letter from PETA recently. they must have got our address from one of the wildlife charities we support, or it may be part of a widespread thing.

Now heres the thing. They sent me 2p. ??????

To remind me that animals are suffering?????

I dont get it.

The the focus of the letter was anti vivisection.

I read through it. They are using examples from the sixties. Virtually every point they raise is grossly incorrect.

they say the millions of animals "tortured" for medical science are monkeys, rabbits and mice. However for the fist time ever last year figures were produced. The vast bulk, 80% of animal research is conducted on cockroaches, fish, maggots, worms etc

They are still going on about the Draise test which isnt used any more.

They are saying that drugs tested on animlas like seroxat can still not be safe...when the truth is that drug helps millions of people annually. Its the addiction thats the problem, not the drug.

They imply that people involved in these tests actually enjoy them and only continue it because they like torturing the animals.

They are still going on about monkeys used to test weightlessness effects.Yet without that knowledge we wouldnt have realised the devastating effects of the thing on the human body.

It weak...so weak. It was worded like the rhetoric of a 12 year old writing an essay on animal experiments. I cant believe they are quite that dumb...so I thimk they are going for a lowest common denominator approach.

But people will believe it.

Prepare for similar on fur.

but the best thing is it will as we know be even weaker. We have a responsibility to help educate .....because generally people believe what they are told.

There are already those. You can move this to off topic though I acknowlege!!!

I am interested in defending fur. And after that hunting and racing.

And animal dependant economies. And animal habitats.

But we should be aware of other groups fighting their corners and try to bring us all together and detroy PETA's insanity between us.

If we dont we are all doomed.

I also have witnessed many essays that are distorting realities and using misinformation. Naturally, people can't know all these details and numbers so they easily believe in what they read. The only thing can be done against them is publishing the correct information. But I think it reqiures a special knowledge and expertise...

thats what I mean well put volodin.

All we can do is help spread educational information about the reality of the fur world.

Ally ourselves with other groups and share mutually interesting info about PETA.

So hunting and vivisection bodies etc.

HOWEVER...if we do see things that are indefensible...such as illegal Tiger fur in China...we should not defend

it.

HOWEVER...if we do see things that are indefensible...such as illegal Tiger fur in China...we should not defend

it.

This is important. Also that we do not support any illegal fur-industries, nor inhumane animal-treatment. Atleast I sure don't.

spot on Earendil.

the fur industry has some of the most humane methods now. in the animal farming business...they have had to so they can rise above crticism. Most farms and trapping has been humane for half a century ot more anyway. However there are always get rich quick expoliters who could bring all this work crashing down, like the dog merchants in china.

Earendil and ToS;

I'm in agreement.

Furthermore groups like Ducks Unlimited. a group of hunters has done more for the restoration of migrating birds sanctuaries than all the government efforts.

PeTA of course fail to recognise these vwry large efforts by SANE people.

OFF

Edited by Guest

Today, fur farms are in good conditions. At least, they are not worse than other farms. At this point PETA distorts the realities and gives misinformation. Moreover, in nature animals do not have airconditioners or something. So fur farming is not evil. But unfortunately, not us but even fur companies are not well organized to rebut PETA's claims. Maybe they have a page about this topic but it is not sufficient. Only a few people read their arguments.

I believe that our efforts can't cope with PETA. But fur industry must invest in it. Otherwise, they may lose their jobs or at least they will have to be consent to less money. Maybe they can tell people efficiently that they are not doing anything wrong. And maybe they can include universities and experts to prove their arguments. What we can do is just writing our views in forums and discuss the topic.

Votanodin

PETA needs higher standards, ans in higher standards of who they accept as memebers. I'm guessing PETA picks up who the SPCA's rejects, since those organizations know to keep their credibility.