Jump to content

Snow modeling session with the wife


pnwhist
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thank you everyone for your feedback and advice. Winter is soon approaching and since we’ve tentatively planned some winter escapes, I hope the images and session improve ten fold!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2021 at 3:36 AM, Unclejoe420 said:

your wife looks incredible in all her furs! I do hope she will be up for more pictures in the near future!

Her Ben Kahn 3/4ths length dark brown mink arrived today. She’ll likely try it out a couple times before we actually have another photosession though. However, Winter IS coming!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, furs limited said:

A Ben Kahn - Is that a vintage acquisition? 

Most definitely. After going the rounds of purchasing strictly on type of material, it was important that the next step was buying a coat that has been tailored with high quality care (quality of material, stitching, design) Ben Kahn’s clientele included Cher, Eva Peron(Evita), Elizabeth Taylor, and Jackie Kennedy among others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

your wife looks very comfortable modeling her furs in the snow. Seems like she enjoys it and keeping warm at the same time.  Do you use a flash to add more light?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, minkme said:

  Do you use a flash to add more light?

Ha! I think you’re giving me more credit than I deserve 🙂 I really don’t know a lot about outdoor photography other than the sun should not be behind the subject. I don’t believe there was any flash coming from my phone...the conditions were favorable I guess.

Nevertheless, thank you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just something funny...

Whenever you want to take a picture, you should always FART!

F = "Find" -- You see something you want to take a picture of.

A = "Ask" -- Ask yourself why?  What's the reason you want to take the picture.  Make your picture focus on that reason.

R = "Readjust" -- Check your exposure, framing and focus.  Readjust settings as necessary.

T = "Take" -- Take the picture!

Whenever I'm looking through a camera, deciding what picture to take and somebody asks me what I'm doing, I tell them, "Just FARTing!"

😉 😉 😉

 

Edited by Worker 11811
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 10/26/2021 at 8:27 AM, minkme said:

your wife looks very comfortable modeling her furs in the snow. Seems like she enjoys it and keeping warm at the same time.  Do you use a flash to add more light?

I don’t believe so…it seems that the amount of sun reflecting off the snow is ALMOST sufficient enough. She uses some of the post production tools to give the final pictures some contrast and pop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, Debrotica said:

Hopefully It snows soon where I am based , as I cannot wait to take some pictures of me in my furs in the snow 

Did your area ever get hit with snow? We had a stint about 3 weeks ago and took a couple days for photo opportunities!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, pnwhist said:

Did your area ever get hit with snow? We had a stint about 3 weeks ago and took a couple days for photo opportunities!

Hey 👋 

No not yet , but can't wait as I would love to do do some snow pictures in my furs 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 1/17/2022 at 12:39 PM, Debrotica said:

Hey 👋 

No not yet , but can't wait as I would love to do do some snow pictures in my furs 

@DebroticaDid you ever get a snow photo session in?

For everyone else, we did another session during our previous Winter season. However, we were only ‘expressing’ two of the coats in her collection. I’ll have to curate and make sure I haven’t double posted. Lighting was absolutely beautiful that day from the sun, BUT we had to make sure she was correctly set as to not experience backlight issues. I HAVE upgraded my phone since and have taken a liking to portrait mode.

 

Anyway, expect an update…when time permits!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2022 at 4:58 PM, pnwhist said:

@DebroticaDid you ever get a snow photo session in?

For everyone else, we did another session during our previous Winter season. However, we were only ‘expressing’ two of the coats in her collection. I’ll have to curate and make sure I haven’t double posted. Lighting was absolutely beautiful that day from the sun, BUT we had to make sure she was correctly set as to not experience backlight issues. I HAVE upgraded my phone since and have taken a liking to portrait mode.

 

Anyway, expect an update…when time permits!

No I didn't,  as we unfortunately did not have any snow this year 😕,  hopefully we get some this winter, as I am dying to do some snow pics in my furs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...