Letter from PETA fan - is it a warning?

lanafurs1

Did anyone have any experience with letters from PETA fans. I received one b/c of my site. It looks like I was warned ...

Suggestions?

Sender's Name: Tessa

Sender's E-Mail: [email protected]

Message: you people disgust me...how can you go about killing animals

just so you look like over-fed fat beavers.

i mean seriously fur is a look i would not wish to be seen with, it

makes you look extra fat by the way. it is not right to be killing

innocent animals so that you can look good.

how would you like it if i shot and skinned you??

i don\'t think you\'d like it very much if you were killedfor no

reason.

you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

you are disrespecting nature and should be stopped.

you disgust me and many people like me.

we hate you and your work...

IP: <I have it recorded>

User agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1;

FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Lana, the best thing to do is file a report with the fBI.

They will investigate and also send it to homeland security under terrosist laws.

That person will be under a microscope for a long time.

especialy sene Peta & the alf are on the watch list of homeland secirity lists.

Ive had over 25 death threats in 5 years and thats what I do.

Sense your site is a buisness site, that may also fall under the RICO act.

File a FBI report and make that persons life miserable.

Dont be suprised if you start getting a few of those emails at one time, the teenage zombies of peta do these things in mass attacks.

If you have a guestbook on your site dont be suprised if they start posting there peta crap propaganda in there by the way.

Lana I hope this helps.

Edited by Guest

Lana,

I received hate emails from them until they finally got tired of it. I think they realized that I could care less what they think.

People that are full of hate just hate. PETA finds fur as their reason to judge and hate. Others find other topics to place their poison on.

PETA is currently spending a lot of their time working with eBay's Trust and Safety Department teaching us the fine points of eBay's listing rules. It is to the point it is almost amusing.

A little inconvenient at first. Now I find it funny. Kind of like a "gotcha" game. It doesn't cost me anything because ebay credits my fees, since they know I try very hard to follow their rules.

They have gotten eBay's Trust and Safety Department to cancel three of my listings in the last 6 weeks or so. Here is how they did it:

First one my Hudson Seal coat was cancelled. They said it was seal. Took me a hour or two of working with ebay to resolve. But, it took 10 days to process the whole thing. It actually was an error on eBay's part, which really was no big deal since we all make mistakes.

Second time they said I was misleading buyers. Treated it like a listing that would read like Gucci, when it wasn't. I had in my listing title " .. Nutria .. like Beaver." Which it is. But, since it is NOT Beaver. Can't do that in the title. Has to go in the description of the fur.

Then this weekend my new Chinchilla Stole listing was cancelled. The fine print of ebay rules says it has to be clarified that it is "farm raised" Chinchilla. So, I have to add to the wording it is farm raised. I do not believe this animal is endangered or protected, so Trust and Safety is verifying their rules validity.

I finally am working with eBay to have a list of the "fine print of the listing rules" posted so we fur sellers can protect ourselves from the loopholes they use to cancel our listings.

The eBay Trust and Safety guys all know me now and really bend over backwards to help me protect myself from this hate group.

I think one thing is very important when dealing with hate groups of any kind. If you send them hate back it empowers them. It is like it feeds the poison that is in them. If you can feel sorry for them it weakens them. They truly are sad, sad people.

Linda

The first time you receive an e-mail like that, no matter who it's from, be they PETA, a disgruntled coworker or anybody, you should ignore it. Don't erase it. Just save the message and ignore it.

The second time you receive an e-mail from the same person or from somebody you belive may be associated with the first, print out BOTH e-mails and save them some place where they won't get lost. (Put them into an envelope, etc.)

Be sure to include all the messages "headers" and routing information.

The third time you get an e-mail, take a print-out of ALL THREE messages to your local District Justice or Magistrate. Ask them what to do. If the justice/magistrate is convinced that there is a real threat he/she can file a complaint with your ISP and, if the messages continue, have the person or persons prosecuted.

If the threat is real and severe/imminent, the justice/magistrate will advise you how to proceed with the local police and/or the FBI.

Whatever you do, do NOT reply to any messages! It will only encourage the person(s) to harrass you even MORE. The only exception would be, at the advice of the justice/magistrate, to say, "Please do not try to contact me anymore or else I will be forced to take legal action against you."

Or, you can do like I do and set up a special "Aliased" e-mail address for use when you give out your address to unknown people. (An alias is a secondary "username" that connects to your main account.) If you find you are getting abused by spammers or harrassers you can delete the alias and still keep your original account name/username. All messages to the deleted alias will suddenly "bounce" to the sender as if you never existed in the first place.

But, frankly, the best advice is to IGNORE them unless THEY escalate the situation FIRST.

PS: One more thing I forgot... You can report the abuser to your ISP and the originating ISP. (This is usually used for spammers but it can be useful for abusive e-mailers too.) The usual address is "[email protected]"

The justice/magistrate might ask you if you have reported the person yet and will likely advise you to do so be he/she will do anything.

I agree with the others lana.

report it to the police and FBI.

They are now being watched.

their opinions are clearly provacative and aggressive.

I would imagine that they hope you reply with a personal email address or even one they can trace. Then they will harass you more.

you can take these people on in open combat or forums but a sniper attack cannot be dealt with through your existing personal email.

Its threatening and intimidating and therefore illegal.

1.REPORT TO POLICE/FBI/INTERNET POLICE UNIT.

2.OPEN UP A DIALOGUE USING A MADE UP EMAIL ON HOTMAIL AND KEEP THE DIALOGUE GOING, SPEAKING RATIONALLY AND USING THE ARGUMENT THAT FUR IS ECO FRIENDLY AND ITS INTENSIVE ARABLE/PLANTATION AGRICULTURE THAT IS REPLACING ANIMal DEPENDANT ECONOMIES AND THIS IS WIPING OUT WILDLIFE ACROSS THE PLANET, AND THE FACT THAT SYNTHETIC CLOTHING PRODUCTION IS WIPING OUT ANIMALS/HABITATS TO THE POINT OF EXTINCTION, AND ALSO USING THE TREAT WELL REAP WELL ARGUMENT FOR WELFARE, AND THE NATIVE ARGUMENT. THESE CANNOT BE DISPUTED AND RIP THE PETA ARGUMENT TO SHREDS.

kEPP THIS ARGUMENT GOING ON AN EMAIL ADDRESS WHERE THEY CANNOT TRACK YOU AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY BE THREATENED...EITHER PERSONALLY OR ECONOMICALLY. THEN HAVE THEM ARRESTED.

At all Times be Rational and at times even nice and friendly, making them feel uneducated and ...yes...patronise them as if they are unfortunate enough to be ignorant thriough no fault of their own.

The best one I ever herad was a lady who had the same trouble with some guy on ebay and eventually she said to him...face it...you just feel guilty about wanting to f*** me in fur dont you.

His answer came back, and she never heard from him again:

"yes...I do...sorry."

As someone said, it is just so sad that these people will not even take the time to research what they are talking about. they are like little tiny children. Robots who respond to electircal commands when their "Boss" tells them to do something. A boss who was caught openly putting animals to death when they could have been saved. But instead of buying food for those poor animals they bought expensive publicity for their head people.

One time I mentioned to a PETA member how it was unbelievable that they thought it was ok to for them to kill animals for publicity to show how we should not kill them. And, the reply was "Oh there is nothing wrong with that. PETA has plans about that!"

The problem is that the PETA infants (and these folks are indeed little kiddies who obey their PETA parents without ever asking questions) will follow these parents to the letter and never even ask themselves why they are not allowed to think. To ask questions. To ask for answers. They are just sad, sad little children. Some of them 60 years old but still sad little unthinking babies.

They walk around with leather shoes. Or, if they don't they walk on shoes that are made in sweat shops by women locked in at work all day in the far East. But they think that is ok. They eat fish instead of meat. Never could understand that one! Fish are actually not humanely killed but left instead to suffer but since "My PETA father says that I cannot ask questions about that I won't." These little unthinking babies never consider that animals they let loose into the wild will die of starvation of exposure. Constantly they do these cheap publicity tricks just to get their names in the paper while virtually never, ever thinking of the animals they claim to be interested in protecting.

The worst part is that they don't even realize that they are just being used for publicity by their PETA fathers and mothers. They are so totally and disgustingly stupid that they won't even realize that. If they have a little animal problem ask them why they did not ask PETA for help and the answer ever time is "They would not care about my little things". Why? Because it would not get them the publicity that it is all geared to receive.

Just sad, little tiny robots who will not even use their tiny brains to think.

White Fox

Excellant advice from everyone - I wish I could add something. Ignore one - but be sure to keep a hard (paper copy) of it. DOCUMENT! DOCUMENT! DOCUMENT! if you receive more, and they are from the same person, time to get the authorities involved.

FLinFL

beautiful Beyonce was harrased by PETA just recently and she stood her ground on her wrights to wear fur and won due help from her kinfolks.

I feel sorry for people like that.

Nothing better to do with there time then harrass people.

I also feel sorry for people like that who are stupid enough to include an e mail address.